Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Zero / Azure are the best games in the series :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
To respond to the people who asked, I'm in Chapter 2 of Zero, and the last plot thing I did was unlocking Lloyd and Ellie's craft combo thing, a sequence that just kind of made me groan in dismay.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Aww you're in the Yin part, things get pretty interesting from there I didn't actually know it was Rixia until you fight Yin and the sword is drawn

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
After CSII I followed the recommendation in this thread and got myself fully caught up on the series and now I've started CS3 and I am very very glad I did that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is pretty distressing that TOCSIV's 0-to-teenage girl being onscreen molested is like an hour tops.

Especially because it's the same lovely tired hot springs boob grabbing joke repeated multiple times.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

unimportantguy posted:

I haven't found compelling reasons to keep moving forward with Trails from Zero. Part of that is just I have to reboot into Windows every time I want to play it, but part of it is I'm just not in love with the SSS. They're all fine enough, I guess, but they don't feel as special to me as the Liberl crew did and I'm starting to wonder if I should cut my losses and move on. I really want to see how the Estelle/Joshua/Renne stuff turns out though.

Well, the good news is that the Estelle/Joshua/Renne stuff does get resolved in Zero, with a little bit around the midway point, and more much later. The better news is, immediately after where Renne features heavily is when Zero starts to get really good. So if you hold out for the thing you want, you might change your opinion on the rest of the game.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

After CSII I followed the recommendation in this thread and got myself fully caught up on the series and now I've started CS3 and I am very very glad I did that.

I watched the recaps for sky/duo and I don't feel like I missed anything of value.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I watched the recaps for sky/duo and I don't feel like I missed anything of value.

:ok:

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'd say keep going, it ramps up and I also share the opinion that zero and azure are the best games of the series.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
https://twitter.com/BrendanBlaber/status/1318699327620108288?s=19

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it was at that moment that Instructor Rean quietly snapped

Did Xanthe Huynh voice that?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 21, 2020

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The story is so much better if you've played through the previous arcs. Even moreso for when Hajimari (Trails to the Beginning?) gets its western release.

Mod edit: please do not post unmarked spoilers, thank you!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 21, 2020

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
The title of the final boss theme of Hajimari no Kiseki: The Perfect Steel of ZERO

Hopefully, my Japanese copy comes in this week. I can't wait.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

FrantzX posted:

The title of the final boss theme of Hajimari no Kiseki: The Perfect Steel of ZERO

Hopefully, my Japanese copy comes in this week. I can't wait.

I honestly couldn't think of how they could really follow up on the end of Kiseki IV, but Hajimari is pretty much a masterpiece if you're a fan of Trails games and I mean it's the tenth game in the series so you'd expect it to be. The new characters are really great especially Nadia and Lapis. It was well worth the money to import a copy over. Falcom added some content earlier this month and the updated Kitune translation should be ready this week.

Falcom said Hajimari was a little shorter than IV but I feel it is about the same if you do all the episodes and minigames.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Foolishly I opened one of infraboy's posts, disregarding the wishes of my past self who put 'em on ignore cause they kept posting poo poo from future games outside of tags

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

infraboy posted:

The story is so much better if you've played through the previous arcs. Even moreso for when Hajimari (Trails to the Beginning?) gets its western release.

Mod edit: please do not post unmarked spoilers, thank you!

If it wasn't for rean being in ogre mode there, I would have thought there were two joshuas. Alise looking worried because Rean is talking to another woman and god forbid, shaking Estelle's hand, is gold.

Mod edit: fixed quote with spoilers

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 21, 2020

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh that's who that is lol

Thanks for the untagged spoiler image fuckface

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

The order doesn't super matter,, but its straight facts that having personal experience and attachment with every individual arc as they join up and work together is one of the series' best aspects.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this but does anyone have any tips for getting the Steam version of FC to recognize a Switch pro controller? I’ve got Steam itself to recognize it but I can’t get it to work in game

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Scrap Dragon posted:

Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this but does anyone have any tips for getting the Steam version of FC to recognize a Switch pro controller? I’ve got Steam itself to recognize it but I can’t get it to work in game

Did you open the settings for FC itself?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

MythosDragon posted:

Did you open the settings for FC itself?

The settings on the launch page? It recognizes the controller too. I don’t see anything controller related on the in game options menu

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Scrap Dragon posted:

The settings on the launch page? It recognizes the controller too. I don’t see anything controller related on the in game options menu

I mean the config launcher, which lets you set each button to each thing you can do.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Thanks, but I seem to have made it worse somehow. Just gonna stick with m+kb

Edit: I’m not even out of the opening cutscene and Estelle owns, what the gently caress

Scrap Dragon fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 21, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The PC version of FC didn’t really let me use my logitech controller either, game seemed well designed for the Mouse and keyboard anyways.

Apologies for the screenshot as I didnt think it really revealed much storywise other than the other arcs meeting up since there are always arguments for/against playing the other arcs and the other arc characters are known to be in the game

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Scrap Dragon posted:

Estelle owns

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Estelle Bright is the greatest jRPG protagonist of all time. This is my analysis after playing a lot of these games.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Limited edition delay resolved, shipping out friday.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Scrap Dragon posted:

Estelle owns
Hell yeah :hai:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Scrap Dragon posted:

Thanks, but I seem to have made it worse somehow. Just gonna stick with m+kb

For some reason setting controller settings in Steam Big Picture has a more permanent effect, even if you never launch big picture to launch the game itself. Also in Steam's Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings (which will launch big picture) it can be told to specifically load a driver for the Switch Pro Controller. Between that and setting the Big Picture config to "force" use of controller for the game it should hopefully have you covered. Steam's support for controllers is janky as hell so I've had to do all kinds of silly ways to get things working.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My opinion halfway through IV is that Estelle is the best and Juna is a WAY better protagonist than Rean.

Actually all of New VII is hugely better without Rean.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Do we know if there will be a digital standard edition for CS4?
Right now I only see the Digital Deluxe Edition for 80€ in the shop. That's 95 loving dollars...
Amazon has the physical Frontline Edition for 60€ but I have never used the drive of my PS4 and don't plan to start now.

WTF is up with those prices?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

ImpAtom posted:

My opinion halfway through IV is that Estelle is the best and Juna is a WAY better protagonist than Rean.

Actually all of New VII is hugely better without Rean.

Very much agreed on every point. God IV becomes such a slog once Rean is back in the driving seat

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lagidnam posted:

Do we know if there will be a digital standard edition for CS4?
Right now I only see the Digital Deluxe Edition for 80€ in the shop. That's 95 loving dollars...
Amazon has the physical Frontline Edition for 60€ but I have never used the drive of my PS4 and don't plan to start now.

WTF is up with those prices?

There might be one down the line, but as of right now there is not.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bland posted:

Very much agreed on every point. God IV becomes such a slog once Rean is back in the driving seat

Seriously. It is depressing how the personality seems to drain out of characters once he returns.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
be careful, you guys will summon the rean defenders back into the thread

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Reans super cool, but seeing people react different without him around will obviously be a breath of fresh air. Hightly doubt I'll agree that personality is seeped out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Mirello posted:

be careful, you guys will summon the rean defenders back into the thread

Imho Rean is cool but I sure worry a lot about how Sean Chiplock’s back is doing after each Cold Steel game, that’s my hot Rean take.