Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

While I liked TitS FC a lot and consider A Good Game, the combat system kind of felt barebones and leaving a fair amount to be desired. Also felt easy throughout, even with maintaining battle difficulty after losing I don't think I lost more than once to an encounter. Is SC better in that regard? I'm going to get it anyway, but it would make me happy if it had more complex combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

I finished Xanadu Next, after having put it down for like 5 months when I was 30 minutes from credits. Despite how that sounds, I really enjoyed it. It certainly feels different from basically any other Falcom game I've played in terms of aesthetic (while still feeling distinctly Falcom). It makes me a little sad that they went for a generic anime style for the next game in that IP but I've heard broadly good things about Tokyo Xanadu so I am looking forward to playing that as well (though I'll probably only do that after I play Zero and/or Azure).

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

I'm starting Trails from Zero and I'm seeing that I am not allowed to rebind the confirm action for m&kb controls. I am personally used to the mid-00s full keyboard controls falcom games used (zxcv keys for actions) and not being allowed to rebind confirm to z is really annoying me - is there a file I can edit to get around this?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Ah I found it, turning mouse menu navigation off unlocks the keybind and lets you set whatever. I guess if you are allowed to use the mouse to menu they just don't want the mouse buttons to be useless which makes sense. Could've used some more signposting however. Thanks anyway!