Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

ImpAtom posted:

The end fate of several characters, a couple of plot twists, a rough idea of the endgame and one of the character's 'surprise' twists.

Is this all in optional to read world-building stuff or very explicit in the story, cuz I'm like more than 50 hours into Cold Steel and I haven't even touched Sky yet.

it's all the stuff about dreichels I bet right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

most of the spoilers you won't even realize were spoilers until/unless you go back

Sky's plot is basically whenever they talk about the events 2 years ago in Liberl though

Alright. Guess I'll just tune out whenever I hear/see Liberl then, thanks.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Quick question: still at around 50 hours in CS1, and I'm at Heimdallr. I'm enjoying my time with it, mainly because the combat is good and the characters are pretty likeable, but like... the plot has been preeeeeetty slow so far, at least imo. I realize that it'll pick up later on the game, so I just wanted to know if CS2's plotline is as meandering or if it picks up right from the word go. Nothing explicit of course, just in general. Gonna play it either way, I'm pretty invested at this point.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Alright, good to know! Looking forward to beating both and then waiting for the third one with the rest of y'all.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Make Sharon a permanent party member please

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

So, quick question. Having just played Cold Steel 1 and 2, it's probably okay if I just put the difficulty on easy to coast thru that portion of the Skies games since these are not as refined as those, right

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Currently on the final chapter of Trails in the Sky, and I really gotta say, the plot moves at a much faster clip than Cold Steel 1. As in, poo poo is actually happening throughout and it isn't just character development and world buildup for the next game. I do expect TitS2 to have a way faster pace tho. :v:

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I don't know what I want more: to see Laura or to fight Laura.:swoon:

just lol if you don't want to both fight and date laura

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Sharon was the one I relied on the most because AT delaying dudes into oblivion is unbelievably good. Sharon is unbelievably good in general also

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Terper posted:

Hell, it's about time.

Gonna take up every opportunity I can to get drunk w/ Sara. Only thing that would make it better would be if Schera showed up too. :getin:

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

havenwaters posted:

Throw Olivert in there too for old time's sake.

Olivert dies in Cold Steel 3, not from someone killing him, but from liver failure

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

oh rad, I'm in the middle of playing sky sc right now. :getin:

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Tae posted:

Cold Steel 3 is already impenetrable to the average person considering it's, by now, the end to a 5 game saga.

It's also gonna be taking in another three games' worth of events as well, if Tita and Agate are any indication. 😬

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

play cold steel 2 as soon as possible. it's by far my favorite trails game, even compared to the sky games.

e: i juuuuust started sky the third tho, so that may change

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

hot take: actually, kevin is good

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Dunan isn't like that for long. He actually grows up and becomes a decent guy by the midgame of SC.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Let's be real, you know Alisa's going to be canon, because reasons.

Alisa is good though, so that's fine

e: Angelina loving owns what the heck

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 28, 2017

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Towa's nice, but she ain't no Karate Lesbian

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

The Colonel posted:

the big stuff starts happening around chapter 3 and it all just kind of revs up from there

Yeah, from chapter 3, Sky has a pretty decently paced story where actually exciting stuff happens all the way through to the end, and then continues to SC.

Cold Steel is pretty much what you're describing tho, with persona-like elements

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

I'm not touching Cold Steel until all its entries are done and ported, cliffhangers piss me up and off.

Cold Steel 2 ends well enough that it's not so much a cliffhanger, as it just has some sequel hooks for the next game to follow up on. The story itself ends pretty satisfyingly.

But also you should get to the Cold Steel games asap cuz CS2 is the best Trails game imo

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I mean I think Oxxidation is playing the Sky games right now so it's kind of a moot point anyway.

Oh yea, totally, he should finish Sky first, just saying he shouldn't sleep on Cold Steel because they are very good games too

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Endorph posted:

rean has an inkling about half the things going on, he just doesn't push anyone because he likes the people around him and figures they'll tell him on their own time

Yeah Rean just seems respectful of others' privacy really

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

That's a bold claim, considering both SC and Sky 3rd exist.

Just finished SC not too long ago, and it's really, really good! Buuuut i really really enjoy CS2 a ton, especially the Valimar stuff. Haven't gotten far enough in The Third to have a super concrete opinion on how much I like it compared to everything else tho :shrug:

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

it's not a tease, so theyre just going to straight up announce localizations for CS3, Zero and Ao

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

MythosDragon posted:

To the Sharon talk, shes by far my least favorite character in CS, like if anyone in the series gets the Mary/Gary title its her, and its like 80% of her screentime.
sorry but this is The Worst Take

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

spoiler free explanation of cs3's cliffhanger: it literally cuts to black and credits in the middle of a super pivotal scene that follows a bunch of crazy events and reveals.

why does falcom love to hurt people

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

honestly i hope this whole mess with nisa makes falcom just stick with XSEED for any future localizations. probably not how that works, but i can dream

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

So what's the general consensus on Tokyo Xanadu? Was thinking of grabbing the PS4 version when it comes out this Friday.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So far Tokyo Xanadu is pretty much action RPG Persona with Cold Steel's general game flow.

i mean like, this SOUNDS pretty good. i am hovering over the buy button on psn right now btw, do the extras in ex+ enhance the game well enough?

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

ended up buying tokyo xanadu ex+ after all. if this is just cold steel with action rpg combat(which it seems like so far) then i am extremely happy with my purchase

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

drat, I'm really digging how much of a trails game tokyo xanadu is

do wish this was on switch too tho. put all jrpgs on the switch imo

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

ys VIII: we have better dick jokes now

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

six. alisa's good.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Okay, so I just got to the end credits in Tokyo Xanadu ex+...

That wasn't the true ending??? I thought that was pretty dang good tho?????

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

The two endings that follow are lame in comparison.

aw drat. the tone that they hit was perfect too i thought. now i'm collecting these keys to revive shiori, which like hey, i'm down, but maaaaan that first ending was pitch perfect

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

how is celceta? i'm playing though 7 currently and just thought I'd see what opinions are like

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

about 10 hours into Ys 8 and drat this game is great. Hummel is a lot more fun than I thought a gun-focused character in an Ys game could be

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

still playing Ys 8, just found Silvia and I am very mad that she's apparently not a playable character. optional boss is okay but goddammit i want to play as gladiator grandma

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Best Buy has not sent me an email confirming that my copy of Reverie has shipped :(

But also I still have to wrap up FF16 and then play through all of Cold Steel 3 and 4 so it's fine I guess :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

unimportantguy posted:

Boy am I glad I'm still back on Azure so I don't have to worry about this until well after all the patches.

i'm on Cold Steel III at basically the very beginning so i'm pretty much in the same boat lok