Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I've got a Vita, would I be able to play both FC and SC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I asked earlier, but can I play both FC and SC on my Vita?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So FC isn't downloading to my Vita-- it says that I need at least 1219 MB of free space on the card, even though I have 3822 MB of space.

e: Inaccurate. I think I might need a new memory card.

e2: What size memory card would I need for both FC and SC on my Vita?

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 4, 2015

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

8GB. You need ~4GB for the games themselves, but they also need room to unpack, which weirdly requires as much room again as the game itself before it cleans itself up.

Got it, thanks.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I bought the game off the psn store, got a 8GB card, and now it doesn't seem to be downloading. I just press download game infinitely and nothing comes of it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Well, whatever the case, FC just downloaded! :woop:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

If the enemy gets a Sepith Up turn bonus, can they take some of your Sepith? I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't like the answer.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

im almost positive they don't

I'm glad, even though it's almost certainly inconsequential.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I'm at the part in FC where you have to sneak over to the cathedral to meet Julia, and I'm starting to get a sinking feeling. Is there any dumb stealth section like that in SC?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Just beat FC, with max BP! :toot:

Gonna wait a while before getting SC.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Is there any chance of SC's price on the PSN shop going down anytime soon?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I think I remember what looked like a bandage around Cassius's head in the still image in Joshua's "story" at the end of FC, during the part where Joshua is talking about how outmatched he was.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Calvard arc is Gilbert's redemption quest, calling it now.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I just downloaded Cold Steel 1 onto my PS3, and tried to download some of the free DLC, but it looks like it's Vita only? Am I reading that right?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Hasn't stopped me from compulsively trying to max them all out, though. I think the only one I've missed was Sky FC where I didn't quite hit level 40.

I keep telling myself I'm not going to worry about that on playthrough 1, but knowing myself I'm probably going to drive myself crazy with something in the game that prevents me from getting max AP.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Erpy posted:

The Cold Steel games are at least nice enough to let you know whether you got max AP or not at the end of each chapter.

That's good, at least.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

What's the most consistent source of Mira in Cold Steel?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Sure, fair, but I'm not going to put all my stock in that. Elliot's not going to be in my party all the time.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

The sidequest involving the girl crushing on Gaius's little brother is one of the most low-key adorable things I've ever seen in a video game.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Friedel telling Patrick that she's going to beat the poo poo out of him after you do the Bridget and Alan sidequest is really good.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Endorph posted:

lol, i think this screenshot is ash hitting on Elise (the dialogue in his textbox is something like "What are you hanging around a guy like this for?" which seems like the 'hey girl let a real man keep you company' bit)

eight hours into cold steel 3, rean kills ash

The Ash End Chevalier

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

If you carry Mira and Sepith to a NG+ file in Cold Steel, do you get the stuff later? Because I don't seem to have it from the get go.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Alard posted:

Yeah, I think you get whatever you have as carryover bonuses when you get your master quartz and weapon in-game. So it shouldn't take too long to get that.

Yep, just got them.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Since you can catch any fish at any spot in a NG+ in Cold Steel, is there a way to game what rank of fish you get? Because the only fish I have to catch before Kenneth's final challenge is one of the earlier ones. My current strategy is to burn through my stash of groundbaits in the hopes that I eventually get lucky.

e: Caught the little fucker. Now my question is how early can I trigger the event for the final fish? I want those sweet master quartz.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 25, 2017

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Erpy posted:

You have to wait until the Final Chapter.

drat you, Kenneth.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

First impression of the start of CS2 is that it's harder than the start of CS1, though that might be because there are fewer party members at this point.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

What exactly determines which classmates you have flashbacks of in CS2? I ended CS1 dancing with Alisa, and she was the one to send Rean off after he got ruined by Crow, but I just flashed back to her and Millium with their faces pressed up against Valimar's viewscreen, and Millium had the lowest link level in the file I sent forward. I think it's been said that it checks for who could have been in that position, but I'm not sure.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

After all, it's not like Class VII actually beats anyone with all their overpowered Crafts.

Speaking of not beating anyone at all, I'm mildly cheesed that a lot of those boss fights have AP conditions tied to them. I had to weaken Fie's old jaeger buddies via losing to them three times before I could meet the requirements.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Wait, what? I just got them to quit after I got one them to half HP, which wasn't the easiest thing ever even then.

For that fight, you can get 3 AP if you get one of them to something like 40% HP before it times out.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I really like Duvalie stuffing her face at the inn in Legram while she whines about her life.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Machias also has deeply personal reasons for his views and later admits that.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 4, 2017

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Whoever voiced Duke Cayenne absolutely nailed the smug rich rear end in a top hat persona.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

If you carry over data from CS1 to 2, beat it, and start a NG+ on 2, do you still get the bonuses from beating 1?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Son of a bitch, Ricky has amnesia now? :ohdear:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Am I seriously locked to both Fie and Emma for the spirit shrine trials? Nothing against the two of them, but I want to level the rest of the party up, and they're taking up valuable slots.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Alard posted:

Yes, while you're first clearing a spirit shrine trial Emma is required. After you clear it you can come back to it without her just fine though, and you'll need to come back to them afterwards for some of the trial chests.

Emma I understand, but Fie's actually locked, and that seems like a bit much.

e: I may actually be stupid, and not have realized that you clear one shrine, talk to George, and come back for the rest later.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 8, 2017

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Just finished the main story of CS2.

Victor S. Arseid: Incredibly dreamy, or exceptionally dreamy?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Besides, Weissman claims responsibility for Hamel at the end of SC, after Loewe presses him on it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

Liberl is Siam/Thailand.

I've always wondered about why they chose Thailand for Liberl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

The quest in CS2 where you reunite Patiry and Kargo is still one of the funniest things I've seen in this series.