Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Can't believe nobody's brought up Xanadu, the first good* Dragon Slayer:

(Pictured: Revival Xanadu on PC-9801)

*(YMMV)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

SpaceDrake posted:

Xanadu is a Really Important Videogame, both for Falcom as a company and just historically (it was the first PC game to break 500k sales in Japan, IIRC, in 1985) but sadly it's just gotten no English versions and thus no play at all in the Anglosphere. I do wish someone would do a biopic or something of Falcom's history in the 80s, that poo poo is amazing and has a couple of gaming history's most important inflection points - I still wonder what the gently caress would've happened if Origin Systems published Xanadu in the States in 1985/6 like they'd planned to before that meeting went so sour.

The funny thing is that on PC-88 and PC-98, Xanadu was in English. Having played both the original and Revival Xanadus I and II, a lot of the game is perfectly playable even if you don't know a lick of japanese. Even prologue and epilogue scrolls are in engrish.