Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has anyone mentioned price with SC? Trying to work out if I can squeeze in another game I won't play this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks.

Probably £25 here, I think DS2 Record Breaker is gonna have to wait.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Come on EU PSP version...... :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

Game would have been greatly improved if anelace hadn't been asking to be estelle's rival but rather what everyone else thought she was

Normally I'd agree but I can't break up Estelle and Joshua

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 30, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Brandish seems to be keeping a tally of how often I use 'Rest', is this something I should be worried about?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, GameFAQ's said it didn't, but ya know, GameFAQ's

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Boulder traps are starting to ruin my day, I really need to use retry bread more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I heard it was twice as long as FC, which I guess means its pushing 70 hours?

Unless you're CHEATING like Cake Attack

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Supremezero posted:

There's also a lot of muscle that you already did trim off by doubling the battle speed...

Since the game is running at double speed during the battles I assume the clock is too, so it is still an accurate tally of how long it would have taken someone without a speed cheat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

someone buy me an estelle avatar already!

I think Dilbert is giving away avs in the adtrw Halloween thread, but he's incoherently drunk posting again so I'm not 100% sure.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I did it, I'm finally playing SC. But it's 5am and I'm tired

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there a decent sidequest/full BP guide anywhere yet?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks, dunno why I didn't try GamaFAQ's first.

lol I already missed out on max BP by not getting up in the prologue

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sure more than just me bought the PSP version, maybe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Levantine posted:

You are made of stern stuff. I can't imagine playing a game this long on a handheld. But I'm old.

I like being horizontal for long RPG's

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yup, it's the only missable thing in the prologue, (I think), I didn't get it either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, I wonder if that's why I never found buffs to be as useful as people always said they were, I only tried using them at the start of the game and they seemed to run out so quick that I'd spend more time reapplying them than actually fighting the enemy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I just S-Craft Shining Poms, unless I think there might be a boss coming up soon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does it have to be on Steam?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lolasaurusrex posted:

No, I have a bunch of hardware kicking about, so any console old or new.

Yeah my first rec for a JRPG with decent world building was gonna be Suikoden 1+2 (and maybe 3) though it's possible you've already played them. Grandia 2 popped up on Steam recently and has some (mostly superficial) similarities to TitS, again that's older than the last decade though.
Atelier Ayesha maybe? If you have a PS3 or Vita. It's a lot more focused on the characters and the world you inhabit than a big JRPG plot, the actual game is more about crafting than combat though and you need to not mind most of the characters being cutesy anime girls.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 25, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Was the PSP version as bad as the PS2 one because that made me swear off Ys games for years.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got mine for £120 off eBay and it only slightly looks like someone's dog mauled it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Being a bad game happened in Ys V

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's good, I might have some money by then.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is this the first time Falcom has done a big console game since PS2 Ys VI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, duh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm to going to want to have finished SC before I start Cold Steel or are they mostly unconnected apart from being in the same world?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

wat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only two weeks left!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

maybe it's just because i burned all my s-crafts on G because I thought he was the boss of the chapter, and then i had to deal with 17 spiders crawling into my mouth while i desperately tried to charge one

I had that dream last night too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I called him Oliver for ages and didn't realise that wasn't his name til just now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ToCS is fairly easy on the normal difficulty, right?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool, thanks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ahead?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dogi is the one constant in his life

Well, two if you include unfortunate boat trips

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What else is Xseed working on at the moment? A while ago it felt like they almost had too much on the go, now I can only think of Cold Steel 2, Xanadu Next and Estival Versus
I guess that's still a lot for a small company

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, did they say which version of Little King's Story it was going to be, Wii or Vita?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah, that's cool, though the Vita version could do with it more since the framerate makes it essentially unplayable towards the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watching a play through of Sega CD Popful Mail, it has a really good soundtrack. All one track of it.
E: oh wait there's boss music, that makes two

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 21, 2016