Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Vote busb for a better tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
You had one job

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Actually I won't be around but I'll have my phone.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This thread could blow up at any second!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I am taking applications to be my Thread Friend.

Thread Friend must be the Friendliest Person and want to do Friendly Things.

Also birdstrike resolved my vote to be a self vote which is pretty cool.
You should hang me tomorrow friends, but not today.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If we should hang you, why does the day matter?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

Also birdstrike resolved my vote to be a self vote which is pretty cool.

That was Votefinder.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm here

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am awake.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

SirSamVimes posted:

If we should hang you, why does the day matter?

Because i'm town and have time to post today and tomorrow then i won't have time to post.
then i'll have no time until next monday so probably best off hanging me then.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
bridstrike why is the deadline at 11:50 u r triggering me

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If you are town I would say we shouldn't hang you tomorrow or otherwise! Seems like an odd thing to say under pressure.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i'm just a default hanging atm so i'm saying default hang me tomorrow if you're town and want me to be useful before i die. If i was that bothered i'd undo my current self vote which assna or someone else has attached to me in votefinder.

or don't, whatever :shrug:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Are we not doing "phrasing" any more?

I was away for the weekend, sorry guys. Am re-reading the thread. Who's around? Do we have enough people to avoid a no-lynch?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

i thought there was at least another day left, the whole game has taken place over the weekend

My sinuses also hate me, and this month has been the worst for it. Serious advice: take a washcloth, and run the bathtub spigot until the water coming out is scalding, like, it burns your fingertips. Get the washcloth soaked, and then slap that thing right over your eyes.

busb posted:

i'm just a default hanging atm so i'm saying default hang me tomorrow if you're town and want me to be useful before i die. If i was that bothered i'd undo my current self vote which assna or someone else has attached to me in votefinder.

or don't, whatever :shrug:

Don't give up. I will be your Thread Friend (TM). Who's scum, busb?

SirSamVimes posted:

Well, I'll be around for deadline if we come up with a candidate.

SirSamVimes posted:

If you are town I would say we shouldn't hang you tomorrow or otherwise! Seems like an odd thing to say under pressure.

Something about the phrasing here seems awkward -- like, I agree with the sentiment in both cases, but the wording feels forced. Is Hal right, SSV? Are you scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm aroundish. Currently prepping dinner and will be making it soon, but the making involves mostly just stirring occasionally once it gets started.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am not scum. Also my phone has 9℅ charge so I won't be around it seems.

For now I'll ##vote busb because of the weird "vote me tomorrow" thing.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

spacing in vienna posted:

Don't give up. I will be your Thread Friend (TM). Who's scum, busb?
no idea, nobody has really posted. if we nohang then so be it, but better off hanging someone that's posting than a complete lurker so day2 isn't the same as day1

spacing in vienna posted:

Something about the phrasing here seems awkward -- like, I agree with the sentiment in both cases, but the wording feels forced. Is Hal right, SSV? Are you scum?

yeah i agree its awkward but it could just be he's trying to get content moving and i'm not gonna vote someone just for that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

I would vote SSV right now. What a convenient excuse that your phone has no charge. You were saying a while ago that you'd have to be on your phone, so why isn't it charged?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

SirSamVimes posted:

its p easy. i'm useful until tomorrow. Then i won't be as useful. I explained this. Do you not believe me?

PS 'weird' is not a scumtell.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

Okay, your phone dying just when I felt like you were being suspicious, thus giving you an excuse to drop a vote on the vote leader and bail? I'm really not liking that.

busb posted:

no idea, nobody has really posted. if we nohang then so be it, but better off hanging someone that's posting than a complete lurker so day2 isn't the same as day1

yeah i agree its awkward but it could just be he's trying to get content moving and i'm not gonna vote someone just for that.

Speaking of lurkers, 3 people have not even posted since D1 began. Halloween has been murder on this thread.

In re: SSV I agree it might just be forced content. The problem is, you and SSV are the only two with votes on you, so I like his case better than yours, and I hate no-hanging.

Hey, people who said you were here, say something, participate.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

I would vote SSV right now. What a convenient excuse that your phone has no charge. You were saying a while ago that you'd have to be on your phone, so why isn't it charged?

Because I didn't expect to be leaving for a couple of hours. Are you really saying you'd vote me for not charging my phone enoug

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

SirSamVimes posted:

Because I didn't expect to be leaving for a couple of hours. Are you really saying you'd vote me for not charging my phone enoug

Because i didn't expect to be playing this mafia game. Are oyu really saying you'd hang me because i know i'll be busy at work from Wednesday???

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
##vote anidav

posted he was here, intentionally not posting.

Make a post animedavid

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I say we keep busb around because we might as well see if he has any use before we hang 'em high.

SSV is an interesting case as if we start running a train against him and his phone dies he can't defend himself.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You're the closest thing to a decent candidate. However I've learned I should be home before deadline so I'll ##unvote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, incidentally, I really hope that there is a character named Brett and that he is a lightning rod for N1.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

SirSamVimes posted:

You're the closest thing to a decent candidate. However I've learned I should be home before deadline so I'll ##unvote

Deadline is less than an hour, so I hope you live close to wherever you are. Also I hate to bust out the dreaded d-word, but I doubt you sincerely thought that people were voting you for your phone not having a charge.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Also, incidentally, I really hope that there is a character named Brett and that he is a lightning rod for N1.

That should be a secret win con of the game: shooting Brett multiple times.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I'm here, don't know if i'll be here for deadline because i need to go down to the station for ~car being stolen~ related reasons.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Tommunist posted:

I'm here, don't know if i'll be here for deadline because i need to go down to the station for ~car being stolen~ related reasons.

why did you steal a car?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
you should probably not steal cars tommunist.

Airboats on the other hand...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm on my phone so I can't reasonably type much to add. As my vote is my weapon however, I will say that I want to avoid day 2 being a repeat scenario.

I don't really know 85% of these players so this day 1 is much more of a blur for me than usual.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
We've got like 45 min or so until deadline. I'm sorry jerks stole your car. Any thoughts on who we should hang?

busb posted:

you should probably not steal cars tommunist.

Airboats on the other hand...

How can an airboat be selfish?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

busb (2): Kashuno, busb, TMMadman, SirSamVimes, busb, SirSamVimes
SirSamVimes (1): Hal Incandenza
Anidav (0): busb, busb
Kashuno (0): TMMadman, TMMadman

Not Voting (13): Anidav, Asiina, busb, EXAKT Science, Gwynplaine, iajanus, Kumbamontu, MysticalMachineGun, SirSamVimes, spacing in vienna, thatbastardken, Tommunist, Zetsubou-san

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to plorp. The current deadline is November 02nd, 2015 at 11:50 a.m. EST -- that's in about 40 minutes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

And pick up some caltrops while you are out.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
why is my vote for anidav not counting?

is someone stealing my vote???

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

busb posted:

why is my vote for anidav not counting?

is someone stealing my vote???

That's weird, it shows you voted for him and then immediately unvoted.

Here, I'll try it.

##vote Anidav

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Weird, my vote counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Anidav posted:

I'm on my phone so I can't reasonably type much to add. As my vote is my weapon however, I will say that I want to avoid day 2 being a repeat scenario.

I don't really know 85% of these players so this day 1 is much more of a blur for me than usual.

so say something about the game? this post says absolutely nothing.

• Locked thread