Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
##vote exact science

only one post, it was a video, not much else to go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I could get behind exact because she does tend to lurk a lot.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In fact, why not. My vote on Anidav was just a test.

##vote Exakt

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

thatbastardken posted:

why did you steal a car?

my friends ex jacked his car while we were at the pub last night.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i would vote anidav for that post he just made.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Tommunist posted:

wow rude.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote anidav i dont know why i didnt just vote him

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

yeah that's pretty hosed

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hey doesn't a vote stealer have to use the vote stolen or is that only doublevoter?

Also the distant possibility that Busb started the game as a tree stump and is trying to mislead but I'm not sure if the game is that creative.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

what does that say about their alignment though?? i dont like this post i would vote this man

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

what does that say about their alignment though?? i dont like this post i would vote this man

I don't like it, either. A lurker hang is better than a no-hang, but it doesn't tell us anything, and we have three lurkers -- why EXAKT out of the three?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thatbastardken posted:

##vote exact science

There's more to go on in the thread in general. What do you think about busb's alignment? SSV's? Anidav?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What Timezone is exakt?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

spacing in vienna posted:

I don't like it, either. A lurker hang is better than a no-hang, but it doesn't tell us anything, and we have three lurkers -- why EXAKT out of the three?

I would vote out any lurker at any point and that has always been my stance. D1 vote like this one are always just a gamble, so it might as well be someone who most likely isn't going to be posting in the future.

This D1 has been very quiet, so none of the votes are really going to tell us anything.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

thatbastardken posted:

##vote exact science

mate. no.
I'd rather vote someone trying not to create content but still trying to be visible in thread than a rando lurker hang which will leave us with nothing to go on Day2.

TMMadman posted:

barely acceptable 'taking out the trash' case.

##vote anidav

take two??

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't have a vote down -- right now I'm feeling ##vote SSV for that "what? You'd vote me for having a dead phone?" line, on top of the rest of the awkwardness.

Because, and I really am busting out the d-word now, that's disingenuous as hell.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I can actually agree that it's weird of Anidav to come in and make a post that implies he is vanilla and then excuses himself from making any actual reads.

##vote Anidav

This time it's a real vote, not a test vote.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Honestly i don't think anyone feels super scummy, everything feels really forced because weekend/24 days.

Anidav posted:

I'm on my phone so I can't reasonably type much to add. As my vote is my weapon however, I will say that I want to avoid day 2 being a repeat scenario.

I don't really know 85% of these players so this day 1 is much more of a blur for me than usual.

reads as just a bad post to me, not super scummy.

i'd honestly be down for lynching a lurker, but nothing today has really stood out to me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

And I am home.

It is hardly disingenuous to say that considering my phone running out suspicious is stupid.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
busb are you voting anidav to put pressure on him (her?) to actually give content, or because you think s/he's scum?

I don't mean that antagonistically: I'm legit asking, because I think that one post of his (/hers) was awful. Phone typing does not preclude opinions.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

And I am home.

It is hardly disingenuous to say that considering my phone running out suspicious is stupid.

That isn't what you said, though. You said "you'd vote me for having a dead phone?" like it was some doe-eyed You Are Mean deal, not "I get the timing sucks, but it's stupid to think I faked that, guys, my phone legit died." That's what's disingenuous.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Alphabetical order, basically.

There's more to go on in the thread in general. What do you think about busb's alignment? SSV's? Anidav?

busb feels townish, but it would depend pretty heavily on what turned up in a hypothetical andidav lynch. anidav always reads as scummy to me. no opinion on SSV

busb posted:

mate. no.
I'd rather vote someone trying not to create content but still trying to be visible in thread than a rando lurker hang which will leave us with nothing to go on Day2.

barely acceptable 'taking out the trash' case.

##vote anidav

take two??

fair point, we get little to no information off a lurker lynch.

##vote anidav

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Tommunist posted:

Honestly i don't think anyone feels super scummy, everything feels really forced because weekend/24 days.

reads as just a bad post to me, not super scummy.

i'd honestly be down for lynching a lurker, but nothing today has really stood out to me.

okay the case i'm making is that generating content right now is hard because it's basically a 5 hour day and there's nothing to go by. Town or scum can both make awkward attempts to create content, which is why i'm not bothered about SSV's bad posting to me, but players that are happy to be one of many just skirting the game and sitting back are scummy as there is nothing directly to post about and they don't want to get attention by fumbling to create content if they're not confident scum players.

hence i think killing off someone that is posting they are around but then posts they have nothing to say is a decent day1 plan.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

I would vote SSV right now. What a convenient excuse that your phone has no charge. You were saying a while ago that you'd have to be on your phone, so why isn't it charged?

"I would vote SSV right now. What a convenient excuse that your phone has no charge." That makes it look like the phone thing is what pushed his suspicion over to be willing to vote me. I think you have unleashed the d-word in vain.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

okay the case i'm making is that generating content right now is hard because it's basically a 5 hour day and there's nothing to go by. Town or scum can both make awkward attempts to create content, which is why i'm not bothered about SSV's bad posting to me, but players that are happy to be one of many just skirting the game and sitting back are scummy as there is nothing directly to post about and they don't want to get attention by fumbling to create content if they're not confident scum players.

hence i think killing off someone that is posting they are around but then posts they have nothing to say is a decent day1 plan.

this says my feelings better than i could say it

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
btw if i die then kumba is scum hth

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That was in response to

That isn't what you said, though. You said "you'd vote me for having a dead phone?" like it was some doe-eyed You Are Mean deal, not "I get the timing sucks, but it's stupid to think I faked that, guys, my phone legit died." That's what's disingenuous.
. Didn't quote bceause I didn't realise how fast this thread was moving.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What's there to read? There's no rabbit in the hat here. We have a conga line of lurkers, a stolen car and a vote stealer(?). Any vote we make is equally as useful as the previous. However having vocal people survive for day 2 is more useful as you can actually compare posts from previous days. A day 1 lurker is empty space and the less empty space there is the more likely we can paint scum into a corner.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

busb posted:

players that are happy to be one of many just skirting the game and sitting back are scummy as there is nothing directly to post about and they don't want to get attention by fumbling to create content if they're not confident scum players.

How is this different from one of the three people who've only posted once.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

"I would vote SSV right now. What a convenient excuse that your phone has no charge." That makes it look like the phone thing is what pushed his suspicion over to be willing to vote me. I think you have unleashed the d-word in vain.

"Excuse" is the key word I'm seeing in that sentence, that he disbelieves you legitimately have no phone charge, and is assuming you're hiding out to wait for this to blow over. Willing to ##unvote for now.

busb posted:

btw if i die then kumba is scum hth

For agreeing with you, or is that gut?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

What's there to read? There's no rabbit in the hat here. We have a conga line of lurkers, a stolen car and a vote stealer(?). Any vote we make is equally as useful as the previous. However having vocal people survive for day 2 is more useful as you can actually compare posts from previous days. A day 1 lurker is empty space and the less empty space there is the more likely we can paint scum into a corner.

This is actually why I'm not against lynching lurkers on D1. Sure, it may make D2 (and possibly the rest of the game) slightly harder, but at the same time it does make it harder for scum to lurk through D1.

So you know what, I'm going back to the lurker.

##vote Exakt

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

How is this different from one of the three people who've only posted once.

It's way different. Scum don't want to be noticed, so they won't outright lurk, but they'll hang back and be noncommittal so they can't be tied to opinions they might need to reverse, depending on how the wind blows.

Someone appearing to participate but saying nothing of use is way scummier than someone not posting at all.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

well, we have about 10 minutes and only 2/3 of the required votes are even in play. so that's a problem.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

After modding a game with a major lurking problem, I would be okay with getting a lurker.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

*sidles into thread after being at PAX for three days and not looking at phone*

Wait, we're lynching now? Holy poo poo snacks! I side with the growing suspicion about Anidav and his general shiftiness.

##vote Anidav

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone move to Exakt. Lurking has become a huge problem in games lately and the way to deal with it is unfortunately to make current games harder by making a statement and lynching lurkers early in the game.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

Are you one of those people who refuses to participate constructively on D1, because "D1 is always a crapshoot"? I hate that attitude.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Drive by voting is stupid.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

##vote Exakt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

*sidles into thread after being at PAX for three days and not looking at phone*

Wait, we're lynching now? Holy poo poo snacks! I side with the growing suspicion about Anidav and his general shiftiness.

##vote Anidav

Wow, this post. If you guys want to lynch lurkers so badly, can we lynch this guy? Because this post.

• Locked thread