Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I shall fetch a rug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And no, Kenny Loggins, there's no way to make up for almost killing me over a briefcase full of what I can only assume is either plutonium or a human soul.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel like people should post.

It's not a competition, Sam!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Archer is cool and good

Kashuno is not.

##vote Kashuno

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

i thought there was at least another day left, the whole game has taken place over the weekend

Yeah I did too. I forgot it's an Australian Monday afternoon deadline.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

busb posted:

You loving ruineed it. ##vote assna

Get out

Oh, okay, then I guess just pout!

##vote busb

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm aroundish. Currently prepping dinner and will be making it soon, but the making involves mostly just stirring occasionally once it gets started.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

I am not scum. Also my phone has 9℅ charge so I won't be around it seems.

For now I'll ##vote busb because of the weird "vote me tomorrow" thing.

I would vote SSV right now. What a convenient excuse that your phone has no charge. You were saying a while ago that you'd have to be on your phone, so why isn't it charged?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, incidentally, I really hope that there is a character named Brett and that he is a lightning rod for N1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

I'm here, don't know if i'll be here for deadline because i need to go down to the station for ~car being stolen~ related reasons.

And pick up some caltrops while you are out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

busb posted:

why is my vote for anidav not counting?

is someone stealing my vote???

That's weird, it shows you voted for him and then immediately unvoted.

Here, I'll try it.

##vote Anidav

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Weird, my vote counts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I could get behind exact because she does tend to lurk a lot.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In fact, why not. My vote on Anidav was just a test.

##vote Exakt

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

spacing in vienna posted:

I don't like it, either. A lurker hang is better than a no-hang, but it doesn't tell us anything, and we have three lurkers -- why EXAKT out of the three?

I would vote out any lurker at any point and that has always been my stance. D1 vote like this one are always just a gamble, so it might as well be someone who most likely isn't going to be posting in the future.

This D1 has been very quiet, so none of the votes are really going to tell us anything.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I can actually agree that it's weird of Anidav to come in and make a post that implies he is vanilla and then excuses himself from making any actual reads.

##vote Anidav

This time it's a real vote, not a test vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

What's there to read? There's no rabbit in the hat here. We have a conga line of lurkers, a stolen car and a vote stealer(?). Any vote we make is equally as useful as the previous. However having vocal people survive for day 2 is more useful as you can actually compare posts from previous days. A day 1 lurker is empty space and the less empty space there is the more likely we can paint scum into a corner.

This is actually why I'm not against lynching lurkers on D1. Sure, it may make D2 (and possibly the rest of the game) slightly harder, but at the same time it does make it harder for scum to lurk through D1.

So you know what, I'm going back to the lurker.

##vote Exakt

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone move to Exakt. Lurking has become a huge problem in games lately and the way to deal with it is unfortunately to make current games harder by making a statement and lynching lurkers early in the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

That doesn't help us win this actual game, which I would like to do.

Can we shift it from EXAKT to iajanus? He was one of the other lurkers and his pop-up post is pretty bad. I could get behind that.

I would switch to iajanus, but I could very well hold this post against you if Exakt turns up scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

thatbastardken posted:

i think it's more valuable to stop shifting targets because we are five minutes from a no-lynch

This is true too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'm glad Asiina and MachineGun were here early, but didn't vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'm glad Asiina and MachineGun were here early, but didn't vote.

Oh wait, MachineGun just voted. :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

We just slammed onto EXAKT from Anidav in that much time, although nine's a stretch.

Understood. Similarly, if Anidav is scum, this last-minute push to EXAKT is going to look awful.

:agreed:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Honestly I feel like EXAKT is less likely to be scum because surely, a scumbro would have pointed him/her to the thread by now. But I'll ##vote EXAKT since it seems like that's the only viable option.

It could be that they tried to get Exakt to the thread, but she is completely gone.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

iajanus posted:

That was my theory; exakt looked less suss than Anidav so I voted with my conscience.

Well why didn't you switch now so maybe we can get a lynch?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

iajanus posted:

Fine. ##vote EXAKT

Not bold, doesn't count.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
No! Not Shiroi Kabocha!

I think we should go back to the Exakt lynch and if Exakt turns up scum, we lynch the hell out of iajanus for being her scumbuddy and preventing the D1 lynch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So yeah, I shouldn't forget to vote:

##vote Exakt

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Hahahahaha shut up with this trash

##vote TMM

Why? What's wrong with my plan? Are you trying to protect scum buddies?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Immediately as the day starts you suggest a chain lynch?

Yeah. We had a good lynch lined up on Exakt and iajanus prevented it. Whether it was simply a mistake or intentional is up in the air, so I'd rather lynch the lurker and use that information to make a real determination on iajanus.

Just because I suggest a lynch order doesn't mean that's how it's going to play out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
No I am not scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And, of course, it should be noted that I'm willing to hold off on lynching Exakt if better targets present themselves. I don't think we should head straight to lynching iajanus because it could have been a simple error, so I'd rather lynch the person that isn't likely to show up at all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

You are advocating a lurker turbo chain lynch one post in to the day

Why shouldn't I be advocating for a lurker lynch when we are running 24 hour days? A lurker isn't going to do anything at all for the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

You are advocating a lurker turbo chain lynch one post in to the day

Also, where do you get that I am suggesting turboing Exakt? Just because I'm saying that Exakt should be the lynch today doesn't mean I want it done fast.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Ffs d1 took place on a holiday weekend maybe exakt wasn't around maybe something happened, we shouldn't immediately jump on a quick lynch like this it's so anti town it hurts . We gain literally nothing rushing this

We are running 24 hour days.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome to the game Ekaxt.

##unvote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Haha you're dumb

No, I just provoke discussion.

EXAKT Science posted:

It was a terrible lynch for several reasons, hun.

It was as good a lynch as any for that D1. Nobody had really done anything and you had made all of one post. I wasn't inclined to vote for anyone who was actively posting at that point, so why not vote the biggest lurker?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Why? My vote was mostly predicated on you being a lurker. You are no longer a lurker, so the reason for my vote is no longer valid.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why are people thinking I wanted Exakt lynched immediately? Both SSV and Kash seem to think I wanted the lynch done in hours when that's just not the case.

All I was doing was stating my opinion to start the day followed up with a vote. It's not like some kind of permanent vote that I can't move. Exakt has shown up and posted some, so I removed my vote.

We have short days, so attacks and arguments are going to come faster than games that have 2-3 day deadlines. Why am I catching flak for making a quick argument and getting discussion started?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, I agree with all this. The Anidav vote wasn't super-compelling, but the switch to EXAKT was apropos of nothing and too many people are jumping on it. And then today people are all about jumping back on to EXAKT without even analyzing how everythign went down yesterday. Granted I wasn't here when any of that went down, but readining back over it I can't get why that started.

##vote TMMadman he seems to be the ringleader here

So you think Anidav is scum, but you're voting me because you think I so obviously swung the vote off him on D1? Even though I was completely willing to lynch him?

I switched off him because he made a couple posts near the deadline and I agree with him here:

Anidav posted:

What's there to read? There's no rabbit in the hat here. We have a conga line of lurkers, a stolen car and a vote stealer(?). Any vote we make is equally as useful as the previous. However having vocal people survive for day 2 is more useful as you can actually compare posts from previous days. A day 1 lurker is empty space and the less empty space there is the more likely we can paint scum into a corner.

So I moved my vote to Exakt, a person who had exactly one post. I would have switched back Anidav, but iajanus' drive by vote skeeved me out and reeked of scum jumping on an easy deadline vote. Even with his bad typing excuse, he still stinks of scum to me for his reluctance to move his vote towards the end and I'm still very suspicious of both Exakt and iajanus, but I'm giving them some slack for the moment.

I could get behind the MMG vote as his jumping onto Exakt so quickly and then his cheerleading in the thread. He's been posting a few times, but it's nothing of substance and includes a list of people who voted for busb with no actual analysis. He's posting for the appearance and doesn't seem to want to put forth any opinions.

• Locked thread