Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This. I thought there was going to be some mystical "only we have the 1 true secret" thing. Then when I got the finished product it was basically just a shittier version of what I could have found through google. I'm also a dummy, but it's also a pretty smart scam from the scammers perspective. There's basically no way to validate the worth of the service, and people are desperate to get any edge they can. If they get the job, they think the R2I service had something to do with it and post praise in the thread. If they don't get a job, they blame themselves. Although in my case, I totally can. I had like a ~4% response rate using the R2I resume. When I changed it based on goon and reddit advice, it went up to ~40% response rate. That's an insane difference, R2I was literally 10x worse than a free resume. It's a brilliant scam, especially the marketing of it. "Our service costs less than 1 weeks worth of pay, so use us to get a job!"

This is a huge reason why I posted the thread in GBS. R2I had huge goon praise, and I used the service over others (that were cheaper obviously) because of the perceived goon cred. I wanted to warn others of making the same mistake.

Some scandal/drama was that R2I was initially run by goon X. Goon X then sold the company and it's marketing to some other people. As part of the deal, the other people bought Goon X's account. They continued to post as, and pretend to be, Goon X. They never told something awful, and eventually it was found out and posted everywhere. I used the service right after the switch happened (unknown to me at the time) and the drop in quality makes sense. The person who helped make my resume seemed like a non-native English speaker, like they outsourced it to India or something.

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm not sure which is worse the game or this gayass resume poo poo were talking bout for some reason

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
this game is coming to console also i skipped the last several pages what the gently caress happened in this thread

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

this game is coming to console also i skipped the last several pages what the gently caress happened in this thread

the jizz guy is a huge retard and continues to prove it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The OP is the Monster w21 Faces of Overwatch.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope soon enough there will be a picture accompanying a story about how being a community manager for Overwatch changes his life that is a series of photos of himself and how he changed as a person for 20 or so months and the first 2 of them he got a haircut and shaved his beard and then the rest of them are just the same person doing different poses with his face.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

scandal/drama

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

so there's a ton of classes in this, how the gently caress they gonna be balanced

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tekopo posted:

so there's a ton of classes in this, how the gently caress they gonna be balanced

Dude, gently caress you, I can't predict the future. Why the hell are you asking me? Don't you think that's kind of immature?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

im just asking questions

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

drat I can't wait to buy Overwatch for 40 US Dollars

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tekopo posted:

im just asking questions

At first I was furious when I read this post, but I saw in another thread that your arm is in a cast. So I'm the one who's sorry.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

At first I was furious when I read this post, but I saw in another thread that your arm is in a cast. So I'm the one who's sorry.

probably got it from asking too many loving questions

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

probably got it from asking too many loving questions

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

its true

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Can someone with the beta confirm if the butt visor is still in?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh, nice, looks like Linkin Park's going to be performing at BlizzCon this year. poo poo, that digital pass is looking more and more tempting..

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed the time I bought a digital pass to BlizzCon so hell, I'd give it a shot if I was you folks.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Blizzard is going to infect all Overwatch players with HIV on December 31st.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sounds like the whole company can take new years eve off then

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I guess Id never really noticed before, but Blizzard seems like complete AIDS from watching this BlizzCon stuff.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

I guess Id never really noticed before, but Blizzard seems like complete AIDS from watching this BlizzCon stuff.

They're like Valve but worse because they just copy all of Valve's ideas except shittier

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

what i learned so far: it costs money, theres lots of ways to pay more money, its on consoles, its far away, you don't get to do the beta if you pre-order it.... hmm... yes i see....

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I don't think the box even gives you all the characters.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If anyones checking this thread for Overwatch news for some reaosn the games 40 dollars, which is sort of like paying 40 dollars for Team Fortress 2.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Theres a 60 dollar version that has a bunch of really cancerous looking Blizzard bonus stuff in it.. the 21 heroes come with it but theyre probaly gonna charge for any new ones after. All in all fairly Jewish.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
heroes

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

If anyones checking this thread for Overwatch news for some reaosn the games 40 dollars, which is sort of like paying 40 dollars for Team Fortress 2.

i dont know why im checking this thread, frankly

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
i dont mind $40 if you dont have to unlock the other dudes or weapons. seems reasonable to me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i dont know why im checking this thread, frankly

You want to see my brain get ravaged by AIDS.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i read every thread in imp zone, even if i don't care about what they're talking about.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
except for the board game ones.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

drat I can't wait to buy Overwatch for 40 US Dollars

What the gently caress?!? You think a Blizzard-Activision quality game is worth less than 60 dollars? Do you hate games?!? What the christ. Mods?!?

You make me sick

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

What the gently caress?!? You think a Blizzard-Activision quality game is worth less than 60 dollars? Do you hate games?!? What the christ. Mods?!?

You make me sick

stfu

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

You make me sick

Post anywhere but here

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Not only should you purchase the complete Origins Edition, but you should also purchase all of Tracer's skins in both Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, for the added bundle bonus of getting half of Chris Metzen's novel "Furies of the Corrupted Chasm" and a Tracer Visor Hearthstone Cardback

Synergy value FTW.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

rediscover posted:

except for the board game ones.

board games own though

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Alright, gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Big Sale!

Kotick has revealed ON STAGE at Blizzcon '16 that the next Loot Crate will contain a code for $4 off your next Overwatch skin sewn into the hem of the Lootcrate Edition "nub pwner" Reaper-brand socks!

drat, it's good to be a geek!

• Locked thread