Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ExCruceLeo posted:

What Remains of Edith Finch is a collection of short stories about a cursed family in Washington State.

Each story offers a chance to experience the life of a different family member with stories ranging from the early 1900s to the present day. The gameplay and tone of the stories are as varied as the family members themselves. The only constants are that each is played from a first-person perspective and that each story ends with that family member's death. It's a game about what it feels like to be humbled and astonished by the vast and unknowable world around us.

You'll follow Edith Finch as she explores the history of her family and tries to figure out why she's the last Finch left alive.

It's coming exclusively to PlayStation 4 sometime in 2016 but in the meantime you can follow the game's development on our blog, check out screenshots on Flickr, or follow us on twitter.

http://www.giantsparrow.com/games/finch/

Sounds interesting.

Sounds Molyneux as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Gimme a no mans sky release date you hog warmers

The NMS dude isn't even there, so there's no way that's happening.

NMS is sadly not coming soon.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Isn't the Final Fantasy VII remake suppose to be shown today?

That'd be substantial so I'm assuming not. Nobody cares about Paris.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Remember bloodborne? we had a good game once!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nazi Samurai Zombies?

Shark was long since jumped

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Heh, remember when everybody's favorite badass Boba Fett fell in a sarlaac? Heh... yeah...

I said come in! posted:

lmao "that wont happen again." -Bobba Fett, so is canon that Bobba Fett escaped?

Battlefront isn't canon. That said I think they did retcon that, yeah.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

"In game currency we're calling FightMoney"

:lol:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

what is happening!!

Japanese humor :japan:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

No one cares about driveclub period.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ExCruceLeo posted:

Immediate download, not bad.

Yeah but its driveclub.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The constant pauses for applause followed by a light golf clap sound pretty sad.

I'm hoping its just the audience isn't well mic'd or something but yeaaaah.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Here's uncharted 4 multiplayer:

<scripted cutscene that plays out nothing like real gameplay>

E: Wait is that uncharted or infamous? Uncharted has super powers? Uhhh

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Dream was shown off at E3 but it was really confusing how it worked. Hopefully this new demonstration will explain it better.

Its a machinma engine plus some littlebitplanet bits thrown in. That's the explanation.

They still won't explain it that well though.

Ometeotl posted:

This is never going to work/control as well as they say it will.

Yeah pretty much. A few talented people will make cool movies with it, and that's all.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

This level is a pre-configured demo and the guy knows exactly what to expect and he still seems completely lost and fumbling his way through.

The game's gonna be a mess. But it'll make some cool movies like I said.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

controlling character with gyro rather than analog stick seems. bad

You use both. Its exactly like sockboy in LBP. Because its the same silly people.

This is literally LittleBigDreamPlanet. Its LBP but it can do more than just platform games. But... its not going to do anything particularly well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

"no premade assets" is a pretty big deal, although how long it takes to carve out all those bookcases... seems pretty misleading.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ExCruceLeo posted:

Yeah the no premade statement has to be bs. They're not packing in a 3d modeler for people to learn how to make assets.

They are actually, but even then I think its bullshit. Those assets were all clearly made by professional artists, and even then I doubt they did it all on ps4 controllers. At best it was using PS workstations, but even then...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Morpheus launch title :toot:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hahahaha they turned drone racing into an F1 sport with guns?

Why not just make like mario kart or twisted metal instead? Boring. Use your imagination guys.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hahahaha I love watching advertisements for VR, where everything is so obviously completely fake.

Look at these reaction shots of people sitting in a booth definitely NOT playing a videogame!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Rush of Blood sounds like Carnievil. Which was a fun game. Gimme a shotgun controller and we're talking.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Peel posted:

'No premade assets' had better be bs because it's a terrible idea.

Huh? The hell are you on about? That's not saying "the game has no assets", that's saying "look, this demo you just saw used the in-game tools to make it! Anybody can make this!"

Which isn't a terrible idea at all. But it is a lie.

homeless snail posted:

Of course there's a library of poo poo to drop in or modify, what they're saying is that they aren't static meshes. It expands on a similar idea in LBP of people building drop-in components to build levels from, but now they've built an entire engine around that concept.

Seriously Peel how do you not understand this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

"ROBINSON: THE JOURNEY"

whaaaat

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Walking on a rope

SO SCARY

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

wow that gave me an idea: a 9/11 vr simulator

I said come in! posted:

You know someone is going to do this on Occulus.

Already been done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuwHFGPHSIk

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

This is why I don't give two fucks about driveclub

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

homeless snail posted:

If it was it would have a number, this is Prologue without calling it Prologue.

I was just about to post, Translation: Please look forward to GT Prologue 2

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

These graphics look pretty poo poo but the game already has me massively intrigued

Shaman Simulator? Sold.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Twibbit posted:

the shaman had one hell of a smug face

Yeah I seriously thought they were about to set up a "evil shaman / vizier" subplot so the real hero could show up and foil his plans. That was one hell of an evil smugface.

But I guess you're the shaman? Lol.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Isn't Wild that MMO that was presented like a year ago as a game where you only play as animals? What a massive change.

Would make sense, this feels like it started as a way-too-ambitious MMO and got toned down. The world looks pretty sparse and empty, bigger than it should be.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mind controls a rabbit to attack the enemy camp.

Seriously, i've wanted a game like this for a long time. Looks pretty great. It could be crap still but at least the core idea is very, very solid. (Seriously I've got a design document for a very similar game written up in my files)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

THE CAGE

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Did he just pronounce robots as "rah-bahts" ??

The gently caress?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

:lol: Its literally called Detroit.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Can you escape from the horrors of DETROIT? :ohdear:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Ooh poo poo it took me a moment to realize this is all in-game.

Its a Quantic Dream game dude. The entire game will be a cutscene QTE.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

i cant wait for the shower scene and the putting on makeup QTE

Don't forget the scene where you get attacked by ninjas but then HAHA ITS JUST A DREAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

Wild looked cool as hell.

In theory. Its the ultimate "believe it when you see it" game, though. They're approaching No Man's Sky levels of promising the world.

Everything on Wild on paper sounds fantastic. But I'm not sure they'll pull it off super great. I'm not sure anybody could, to be fair. Its a huge ask.

• Locked thread