Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Dr Manhattan and Thunder Cats ones seem unlikely but the rest seem like they're quite probable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Kikko's new costume design is good.

Yes, that is what we will go with.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Kikko's new costume design is good.

Yes, that is what we will go with.

Xelkelvos posted:

So when does Dark Queen Kikko take over the earth? I want to prepare myself for subjugation.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Finally caught up. The Jaguar episode was insanely good, and this week's was pretty great too.

Darth Walrus posted:

C'mon, we all know who Claude is. Did you see his left arm?

There's no way Claude is Jiro, it's a different voice actor and Jiro's powers don't line up with Claude's. :v:

Unless somehow Claude's powers are the true form of Jiro's arm's power and Claude is an older Jiro from the future, but that seems very :tinfoil:.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 14, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Its gotta be the brown haired kid in that picture. Who the gently caress he is exactly? That's still on the way.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

Its gotta be the brown haired kid in that picture. Who the gently caress he is exactly? That's still on the way.

Jiro is adopted, so it's presumably Dr Hitoyoshi's biological son. The real question is: when and where did Kikko meet him?

Man, the addition of outright time travel to this has really messed with our ability to make predictions. :v:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Jiro is adopted, so it's presumably Dr Hitoyoshi's biological son. The real question is: when and where did Kikko meet him?

Man, the addition of outright time travel to this has really messed with our ability to make predictions. :v:

What if there's a character whose knowledge of ongoing events is the same as ours, because he's time-hopping like crazy?!*

*Note: this might be incredibly stupid

I'm not so sure time travel will play such a big role, though. So far, the only character we've seen time-travelling is Jaguar, and it looks like he's not using his fancy watch to do it. There was a much bigger stationary machine that sent him to the past (and retrieves him automatically as well, apparently). That would mean the only characters who can effectively time-travel are Jaguar and his contemporaries, and we've only seen one other one. I doubt there's more past versions of Jaguar messing with history, since he'd know about that (and our main Jaguar is likely the "oldest" one).

Oh well. Time to see this chaos unfold, watch some more Nazis Americans do evil stuff and receive more musings about the nature of Justice.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The Dr Manhattan and Thunder Cats ones seem unlikely but the rest seem like they're quite probable.

That's what the question marks are for. There's a lot of old series from that era so it's hard to make out from this side of the Pacific the inspirations for the characters at times. If we knew a little more, we'd probably be better able to pin certain things down.

That said, much of the events in the series have historical analogues and it looks like we're about to see what the Soviets are up to

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess the fact that they had an optimus prime analogue confuses things a bit. Prior to that, it was all references to classic japanese tv, and even most of those were from anime.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

I guess the fact that they had an optimus prime analogue confuses things a bit. Prior to that, it was all references to classic japanese tv, and even most of those were from anime.

Transformers is a Japanese-American franchise, and the Autobots were based on Takara Toys' Diaclone toyline (Decepticons like Soundwave and Megatron, meanwhile, came from a spin-off of Takara's Microman line). That said, the robot in question was American, so they might not have been going so far back into the franchise's history.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
According to this interview, It's "meteor tail" that Kikko's been saying. Thanks Daisuke.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The rate at which things are progressing in this episode is making me realise that the pacing for the first ten episodes was a little out of whack. Claude should really have been introduced around episode 4/5 instead of waiting so long. Super glad the plot is finally going places, though.

That said, if the thing that makes Jiro quit the Bureau ends up being just the revelation they set Rainbow Knight up and that Daishi is an alien, I'm going to be a little disappointed, since that doesn't really seem enough. I'm also not quite seeing how Shiba goes from his present state to being a nutso bad guy later on.

e;
I only just noticed this shot in the ED, :lol::

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 20, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Concrete Revolutio is my new favorite anime ever. Every time I think something else might be edging it out stuff like these last two episodes happen. :perfect:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

e;
I only just noticed this shot in the ED, :lol::

God, I love how pure :catdrugs: the ED is.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That said, if the thing that makes Jiro quit the Bureau ends up being just the revelation they set Rainbow Knight up and that Daishi is an alien, I'm going to be a little disappointed, since that doesn't really seem enough. I'm also not quite seeing how Shiba goes from his present state to being a nutso bad guy later on.

If it is that, it's because it's the tipping point after all that other poo poo. I'm very much looking forward to next week.

e:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

It looks more and more like, whatever ends up the true tipping point, it's gonna have a lot of dead bodies. I don't think Claude is around in the future anymore, and neither is Daishi.

Some more clarifications for the various factions involved...

- Superhuman Bureau, set up by Jaguar, the doctor & apparently several aliens; meant to protect superhumans, and they're actually honest about that.
- The aliens themselves, involving Daishi & his two buddies as well as several Americans, most notably Master Ultima. Looks like they're aggressively researching superhumans to force evolution (???), and they're using the Bureau as one tool for that.
- Claude/Jin, the vigilante; a victim by the aliens. Probably involved in the youth movement as well.
- Shiba & the Sciencers. Poor guy probably knows the least of everyone, but it looks like the Sciencers are on his side and doing their own research. Who knows.
- Imperial Ads & the defense minister dude whose name I keep forgetting, most likely candidate for the "real" bad guys. So far, they look pretty opportunistic - let's see how deeply involved they really are...

And, of course, the ever more urgent question: Why the gently caress did Kikko stay with the Bureau? Especially after what she found out (and did) this episode? Weird how she, or at least her devil alter ego, turns on the Bureau before Jiro does. How does that turn out...? Huh. I'm also curious how deeply the aliens are involved in the Bureau: the chief is obviously on the side of the aliens, but how much do Jaguar & the doctor know / what are they okay with?
QUESTIONS.
Plus, as usual, Emi stays a complete mystery.

Reaaaaaaally curious how this is gonna turn out.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

Superhuman Bureau, set up by Jaguar, the doctor & apparently several aliens; meant to protect superhumans, and they're actually honest about that.

That's kind of a misleading statement, in that they profess to be honest about it but they certainly have very few qualms about doing some very dodgy stuff; they're either full of poo poo on some level, or taking an extremely long view of what "protecting superhumans" means.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That's kind of a misleading statement, in that they profess to be honest about it but they certainly have very few qualms about doing some very dodgy stuff; they're either full of poo poo on some level, or taking an extremely long view of what "protecting superhumans" means.

Fair enough. But I think "extremely long view" is more like it - these fellows appear to be all about superhumans as the next step of evolution, unironically. And then there's the doctor's claim that much of their questionable actions, many of which directly involve tricking Jiro (!), are aimed at creating a better political climate for superhumans. Who knows how genuine they are about their beliefs... Or how deep the conspiracy goes. I'm not sure all the founders of the Bureau we know about would be cool with experiments on superhumans.

Let's hope the show doesn't drop the ball - it's just getting really interesting these last two episodes...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Daishi going "but I really do want to support superhumans!" in this last episode felt pretty dubious to me, too. I mean, I'm sure he does, but it feels like he's always been a huge pushover whenever he's been on-screen.

Torquemadras posted:

Let's hope the show doesn't drop the ball - it's just getting really interesting these last two episodes...

Yeah, same. I'm looking forward to the next cours and I hope it can live up to the show's quality so far.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Daishi going "but I really do want to support superhumans!" in this last episode felt pretty dubious to me, too. I mean, I'm sure he does, but it feels like he's always been a huge pushover whenever he's been on-screen.

Huh. Now that you mention it, I think you're on to something.

For someone holding the position of chief, Daishi sure was taking a lot of poo poo from... well... everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the end, he's no more than a puppet for Master Ultima, and even his two buddies are more in the know than him. Perhaps he DOES know about the horrible poo poo that Ultima & Co. are pulling in the name of whatever weird alien agenda they have, but he keeps weakly justifying it for himself. Perhaps we'll finally know more about him next episode when Claude... probably kills him dead, yeah. I always had the impression that the doctor is the real leader of the joint - it's far more interesting what that guy really knows, and what his relations with the aliens is. Depending on how they twist it, he could even be a genuine villain later down the road. Who knows. We need BACKSTORY.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah, same. I'm looking forward to the next cours and I hope it can live up to the show's quality so far.

I kinda had the impression that this show builds one hell of a card house, getting more and more complex with every episode, only establishing vague links every know and then... There's writing yourself into a corner, and then there's constantly switching sides to write yourself into an ever-increasing number of corners :v: I'm mostly here for the super-fascinating Watchmen-like superpowers & politics thing, but this show is sure investing quite a lot in a vaguely promised payoff somewhere down the line. I'm hella curious.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There is a very large web of intrigue here and the days of cutting through it without a second thought have gone. The Golden Age is over. The Silver Age is ending. Long live the Bronze Age.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

everything is my favorite part

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Uh, wow.

That's a lot to unpack, I'll try to sort my thoughts out later.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Just watched the final 2 episodes, and I was worried that my Top 5 of 2015 vote was pre-mature, but alas I'm greatly satisfied with how this cour ended.

Post timeline plz, see y'all in April

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Post timeline plz, see y'all in April

You got it.

and copied for the click-averse.
:siren: SPOILERS FOR WHOLE SEASON:siren:
    Updated Timeline:
    Note: Shinka Calendar seems to correspond to the Showa Calendar. Year 19 = 1944, or World War 2, etc.

• Unknown Time - Jaguar (Yoshimura Hyouma) forms the Superhuman Bureau. Episode 10.

• October 14 - Jiro's father meets GaGon in the Pacific Isles, loses "Maria", a native shapeshifter? A month after World War 2 broke out. Episode 4.

• December 16 - Mironu of the Japanese Immortal Family is captured by the American forces on Hawaii after his submarine is sunk. He joined the Japanese army in order for his family to avoid the family census. He's been experimented on and tortured for decades. Episode 9.

• August 17 - GaGon faces off against American Superhumans in the Pacific Ocean. 9 months after Pearl Harbor.

• Year 19 - A war of some sort (World War 2's equivalent). Referenced in episode 3.

• August 20 - Hitoyoshi Magotake finds baby Jirou in a crater in Hiroshima, with a shadow the dragon's shape. Reference to the atomic bombing of Hiroshima on August 6, 1945. Jirou is "the child of the atom," and a human weapon. Episode 13.

• November 29 - Invisible Kaiju appears, Emi chooses to appear as an adult, Jiro's father finds him naked and unconscious. Episode 4.

• January 34 - Flashback sequence. Giganto Gon breaks Jiro out of the laboratory where he's held. Jiro wants Giganto Gon to destroy everything. Episode 5.
    Robot-GiGantor defeated by Rainbow Knight who saves Jirou (Episode 8), baby GaGon meets his adoptive brother. Episode 4.

• March 38 - Rainbow Knight kidnaps Daitetsu Maki and other superhuman kids, to protect them and/or gain money for their release. Dies for it. Episode 8.

• Unknown Time - Jaguar (Yoshimura Hyouma) forms Infernal Queen, also known as IQ, or Advocates of Free History to better the future by removing evil. Episode 10.

• July 40th - Judas is part of the criminal organization The Diamond Eaters, confronts Earth-chan and vows to become good. Episode 7.

• January 41 - 6 months before Kikko joins. Grosse Augen first appears as a Kaiju vanquisher. Call for "more magic" instead of science within the Bureau is made. Episode 4.

• June 30th 41 - The Beatles play in Japan, their powers bring forth more superhumans, or at least open the potential for some. Mountain Horse group becomes superhumans. Episode 6.

• July 41 - Kikko joins the organization, Jirou goes against orders and saves Grosse Augen. Episode 1.

• Between July and August 41 - A month after Kikko joins, just before Fuurota joins. More Kaijus appear, various superhumans fight them off. We meet Earth-Chan and Kaiju-using robbers. Grosse-Augen "replacement" takes up the burden. Episode 4.

• August 41 - Fuurota joins the organization, kills the bug species. Kikko with the organization for one month. Episode 2.

• November 41 - 3 months after Fuurota joins, humans confirmed as creating Kaijus. Mini-GaGon and Kaiju-lovers introduced as Fuurota's friends. Episode 4.

• February 42 - Bombing incident with android detective. Episode 3.

• June/July 42 - Master Ultima returns from Mars, Bureau leaders revealed non-humans, expose their own Kaiju-creating ring. Jiro unleashes his arm. Episode 4.

• July 42 - USA throw away a Space Kaiju's remains near Okinawa. Kaiju-sympathizers grab remains and begin agitating against the establishment and the Superhuman Bureau. Episode 5.

• August 42 - Protests by students begin, Jiro forced to become a Kaiju, faces off against Mega GaGon. Mega GaGon killed. Episode 5.

• September 42 - The Immortal Family cause an explosion, which they emerge fine from, and escape, apparently to alert Mironu who has been missing. The Superhuman Bureau find out the Americans are aware of immortal Japanese, and they know they're missing a member. Episode 9.

• October 42 - Mountain Horse group tries their luck as superhumans and quits it. Fuurota infiltrates the Sugimoto media group. Episode 6.

• Same time - The superhuman Bureau recruits Judas after his release from prison. Face off against Earth-chan and try to get her aid in changing public opinion to sway protests against Japan joining the Earth Defence Force (against evil space-men). Earth-chan is given the ability to dream. Ullr (Kikko's familiar) plots with Emi. Episode 7 (References October 8th 1967 Haneda protests).

• November 42 - Mountain Horse band brings down Sugimoto Media Group's plot to block superhumans' powers. Dee of Mountain Horse band dies. The Bureau now knows of the Sugimoto group as their enemy clearly. Episode 6.

• December 42 - Kikko meets up with Nakagawa Jin, who researches superhumans and The Devil Realm, and who gives her special medicine. Episode 12.

• January 43 - Daitetsu Maki, now Otonashi Yumihiko and the other kidnapped kids (presumably) are an unregistered superhuman group, BL Club, who stage thefts by "The Eye of Lucifer", Rainbow Knight's old nemesis. Yumihiko and Jirou speak of morality. Superhuman Bureau is asked to stop opposing the FDE. Episode 8.

• April 43 - IQ (Infernal Queen) appear to take out the Superhuman Bureau who they deem evil for controlling superhumans, working with Americans, and lying to the public. Jaguar (Hyouma) #3 takes kills his #2 version, IQ's leader, and his Time Patrol watch becomes the basis for the Time Travel research program. Episode 10.

• June 43 - USS Antares, a superhuman-powered submarine is brought over by the USA over to Japan. Turns out it makes use of enslaved superhumans. Phantom Sword Claude destroys it, revealing said fact. Jirou turns down an offer by Imperial Ads who say they only want human Superhumans. Protests and revealing to the public the American wrongdoings, a scheme to officiate Superhumans as part of law enforcement agencies is pushed forward by the former Defense Minister who's behind Imperial Ads. Episode 11.

• August 43 - Kikko sees Claude killing medical personnel, turns into devil form, finds out she knows Claude. Episode 11.

• Immediately After - Golubaya Laika, a Soviet Superhuman who's anti-war flies towards Japan, is shot down by the American-siding Master Ultima for passing over the facility where the Japanese and Americans experimented on superhumans. Jirou finds out his father framed and killed The Rainbow Knight who tried to save kids from being experimented on. Claude is revealed to be Jin, Jirou's childhood friend, who was experimented upon. The Chief is revealed to be an alien who's trying to help humanity ascend via superhumans. Kikko helps Claude. Episode 12.

• Immediately After - The truth of the Japanese-American Superhuman experiments is revealed to the public. The government tries to suppress said information. Chief Akita believed dead, Jin (Claude) and Kikko believed guilty, and are missing. Episode 13.

• October 8th 43 - American Fuel Tanker ignites protests by Japanese anti-war students. Episode 13 reference.

• October 21st 43 - World Peace Day (our world's is in September 21st), Chief Akita kills and assumes the spot of the pro-Imperial Ads politician who can pass or deny the revised Superhuman Secrecy/Rights Law. Students go on protests against the government for the experiments. Government uses force to crush protests, Claude is revealed to be evil and Jirou defeats him. Emi suppresses Devil Queen Kikko. Rule-changes denied, and Jirou leaves the bureau. Episode 13.

• ~Year 44 - Kaiju wave of attacks dies down. Episode 5 reference. Likely a reference to the 990 days of the protests following the Haneda Protest ending. Episode 7.

• September 44 - Mironu of the Immortal Family is released by the Americans who follow him to try and eliminate the family. The Superhuman Bureau and Jirou try to defend them but are defeated by the American robot, the family survive on their own. Jirou clashes ideologically with the Bureau members. Chief Akita's absence is noted upon. Episode 9.

• October 44 - Jiro tries to recruit Mountain Horse and they decline. Jiro's quest is revealed as gathering superhumans to take on the Superhuman Bureau. Superhumans appear to be illegal. Fuurota goes and meets him. Episode 6.

• ~Year 45-46 - Osaka Earth Expo, relevance unknown. Episode 6 reference.

• April 46 - Jiro is an enemy, ex-Grosse Augen helps him, Kikko declares love. Episode 1.

• November 46 - Jirou takes on the role of the fugitive in order to protect superhumans. Episode 13 preview for cour 2.

• February 47 - Male android returns. Android detective now fugitive. Episode 3.

• April 47 - Judas, Jirou, and Megasshin (fused android) more break into a lab to retrieve Earth-chan's stasis/broken down form, vowing to return her to her former glory. Episode 7.

• October 47 - Jirou fights Yoshimura (time-controller, "Jaguar"), Restored Earth-chan intervenes, and then so does Daitetsu. Episode 8.

• August 48 - Bug lady comes back for Fuurota, he learns what he's done, gets saved and comforted by Jirou. Episode 2.

• 25th Century - Jaguar (Yoshimura Hyouma) is sent back in time, as a member of Time Patrol. And as someone who tries to save superhumans, and as someone who tries to build a different future. Episode 10.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Just watched the final 2 episodes, and I was worried that my Top 5 of 2015 vote was pre-mature, but alas I'm greatly satisfied with how this cour ended.

Oh, and I completely held off voting for mine for exactly the same reason. Absolutely not disappointed with how it all turned out.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
gently caress this show is one of the coolest things ive ever seen

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Well, that was something. At least now we know what made Jiro quit. Now we just need to find out when and why he became the Bureau's enemy... Might have something to do with his adoptive father, given how much dirt has turned up on that guy, and because he seems to be in league with the big alien conspiracy.
Oh, and Chief Atika is alive and seems to have a change of heart. I wonder what mess this will create later on; it seems there's a much harsher legislation passed some years down the road, for some reason, despite Atika's current stance AND position. Still, kinda freaky a single alien can go "nope" and just outright murder one of the highest-ranking politicians like that.
...plus, Jiro is from space. Or something.

I'm a little disappointed how Claude's and Jiro's confrontation played out. Not only does he make his escape from last episode's last scene offscreen, he also suddenly has his personal mecha. I mean, it's not like Jiro has any way to personally fight Claude right now, but still it's weird... Oh well, there was still rad mecha punching. ALSO somewhat underwhelmed how they handled the Devil Kikko situation (despite how absolutely WEIRD that was, but that's a given with this show anyway), but at least we found out for good that Emi really, really hates Kikko. :v:

Now that it's the end of the cour, the biggest questions remaining are 1) where exactly Jiro's dad stands, 2) which event makes Jiro an enemy of the Bureau, 3) what causes the much harsher political climate for superhumans (likely connected to 2) and 4) what the hell is up with Emi. Seriously, we know next to nothing about her, only that she has a special connection to Jiro and is some bigshot in the spirit world. She's obviously connected to Jiro's origins, whatever that turns out to be. In any case, she seems extremely untrustworthy. (Like, uh... basically everyone in this show.)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jiro was the "Little Boy" dropped by the Enola Gay on Hiroshima.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Jiro is the bomb.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

lets hang out posted:

Jiro was the "Little Boy" dropped by the Enola Gay on Hiroshima.

I hope that's true, if only for the off chance that we get a villanous counterpart to Jiro called Fat Man

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

They literally show the Enola Gay crashed at Hiroshima with Jiro in the crater.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a kitten posted:

They literally show the Enola Gay crashed at Hiroshima with Jiro in the crater.

That makes it a little vague as to whether or not Jiro came from the plane or crashed the plane. I'd think it was the latter unless the situation in Nagasaki shows otherwise since Hiroshima looked to be relatively standing except for the gigantic shadow of a symbol created.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

My speculation is that Jiro was supposed to level the city, but for unknown reasons, something went wrong and he just took down the plane.

But literally as I'm writing this(and also due to the above post), I realized I can also see it being the the case that the Bomb was dropped and some combination of bomb+baby+monster = Jiro. (and mostly unscathed Hiroshima)

poo poo, is it spring yet?

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 29, 2015

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Whatever the case: so far, it seems like there has been NO atomic bomb dropped on Japan whatsoever; while there's definitely been a war USA vs Japan, we don't know much else. Little Boy obviously failed (I only saw the plane + Hiroshima title, didn't even notice the plane's name :downs: ), but what about Fat Man? After all, Japan actually surrendered only after the second. (If they indended to earlier is something for historians to debate/find out...) What's the decisive event that takes Fat Man's place in this universe, and if it didn't happen, how else did the war end? I feel like this is a big piece of the puzzle we're missing right now. Buuuut it could also be that the show just deems that unimportant, and we'll never get any explanation.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's weird how cool everyone is with each other's reprehensible actions. The slavery, dissection, murder/frame up, and the poo poo Angel Stars and Imperial Ads did just kind of gets sidelined so everyone can have their Care Bear team up song.

Still incredible in different ways because ConRevo is so good even the less than stellar episodes are stellar, but I don't know, it didn't seem right. Season 2 will probably get into the details of this stuff but as a place to leave the series for now I'm not feeling it. Plus, Claude totally had the right idea, completely unambiguously, but then he's suddenly evil right at the end? That was kind of weak. Jiro said he would save the tortured superhumans if he knew about them but he declares the guy doing something about it evil even though everything he did was one thousand percent justified until he started saying he was the opposite of justice for no real reason.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well yeah Claude is evil, he was a mass murderer and released Evil Kikko. just because the people he killed also did heinous poo poo doesn't excuse stuff like the former.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Evil Kikko hasn't really done anything bad aside from the requisite skimpy evil costume change and aside from his out of nowhere(but well animated and voice acted, I admit) speech right before Jiro beat him, Claude did absolutely nothing wrong either. If anything he was the most moral. At least we know Jiro finally comes around to agreeing, considering his eventual open hostilities with the government.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

WickedHate posted:

Evil Kikko hasn't really done anything bad aside from the requisite skimpy evil costume change and aside from his out of nowhere(but well animated and voice acted, I admit) speech right before Jiro beat him, Claude did absolutely nothing wrong either. If anything he was the most moral. At least we know Jiro finally comes around to agreeing, considering his eventual open hostilities with the government.

Well, there was that part where Claude was a mass murderer willing to kill anybody for revenge in the name of his brand of justice. He wasn't necessarily wrong in his ultimate goals, but the path he was building was paved with a hell of a lot of blood.

Depends on how much you agree with "do evil unto evil" I suppose.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I agree with do evil unto evil a lot, but even if I didn't, it's not just that. Like putting the killing aside for the moment, Claude was the only one actively opposing that shady, horrible poo poo at all until Jiro finally defected, which took him a little too long considering he just learned his dad framed and murdered his hero while Mengele-ing his bff. Apparently the only result of the Japanese experiments and the USA enslaving people in ghastly machines is more student protests, which they were already doing once or twice an episode already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Didn't Jiro accuse Claude of wanting to cause an outright war of humans versus superhumans? And he did incite further protests. It all seems a little tame, given what Jiro's dad and Master Ultima have been up to, but it's understandable that he needed to be stopped. It's really weird how the focus of Jiro's and Claude's conflict was about ideology, and not, I don't know, STOPPING HUMAN EXPERIMENTS ON A MASSIVE SCALE, JESUS gently caress

Oh well - at least he had an impact. The Chief seems to have changed his opinion on the matter, rejecting the newest segregation law, and then there's obviously Jiro. I can see Jaguar sticking with the Bureau, since he co-founded it with the best intentions and might not actually be privvy to Ultima's little project, but I have no idea ho Jiro's dad is justifying any of this, or why Kikko sticks around.

Truth be told, I'm a little anxious the show will just overlook this.

• Locked thread