Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

but Bloodborne vs Super Metroid might be the hardest decision of the whole bracket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Metroid

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

Super Metroid

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Super Metroid

easily

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Earthbound vs. Borderlands 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is completely unrelated but I just started making a backloggery account, wish I've been using this for years since there's no way I'm going to go back and add past games

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

I can't wait for this start

i channeled all the modern game fail i could into this analysis

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I have no idea what gamefaqs opinions are. so I just go with my heart. And now Gamefaqs forces me to chose between Super Metroid and LttP.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

This is completely unrelated but I just started making a backloggery account, wish I've been using this for years since there's no way I'm going to go back and add past games

I thought about making an account there a couple years ago, but for the most part I don't think gaming should be plotted out and scheduled like some sort of business agenda. Gaming should come naturally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I thought about making an account there a couple years ago, but for the most part I don't think gaming should be plotted out and scheduled like some sort of business agenda. Gaming should come naturally.

I just bought a crapload of games so it's good to not lose sight of it, personally. I do this anyone all the time on pen/paper and the notes app so this is an easier way for more. I'm a loser though and track this stuff for all media (keep a spreadsheet updated of every movie I saw and the day I saw it)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like backloggery but im also honest and am able to say to myself im not actually gonna play that and just delete it form the list instead of getting obsessed or sad about it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

I just bought a crapload of games so it's good to not lose sight of it, personally. I do this anyone all the time on pen/paper and the notes app so this is an easier way for more.
I keep a notes app list of upcoming games I plan to buy so I guess a backloggery at this point wouldn't be too much of a stretch...

quote:

I'm a loser though and track this stuff for all media (keep a spreadsheet updated of every movie I saw and the day I saw it)

May I see.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i like backloggery but im also honest and am able to say to myself im not actually gonna play that and just delete it form the list instead of getting obsessed or sad about it

I will keep it professional

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if i ever ran out of games on backloggery, i wouldnt be happy i beat the backlog, id be sad i was out of games i wanted to play. the backlog is a false threat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no way I will ever run out of games to play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't have access to it rn. I do it so I don't forget what I've seen since I watch like 250 movies a year

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's good to see so many different films.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
what is backloggery

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

what is backloggery

its a site where you enter all of your games, and then you can check off which youre playing, which youve beaten etc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

what is backloggery

Here's what mine looks like http://www.backloggery.com/intraining

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
cool

one more question, can we see which games have won the best game ever competition every year and get a readout on whether ocarina of time or ff7 is better from that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

cool

one more question, can we see which games have won the best game ever competition every year and get a readout on whether ocarina of time or ff7 is better from that

They've both won once each

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is only the third Best Game Ever competition

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

This is only the third Best Game Ever competition

dont they do something yearly?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

they do different things, like best character

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Yeah it's usually best character contests

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The website holds like one or two big voting events a year to figure out if Link, Sephiroth or the Tetris L Block is best

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
lol

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
2000$ big ones? Time to start doing some research...

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I have a feeling something unexpected is going to win... or it will just be Ocarina of Time

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

I have a feeling something unexpected is going to win... or it will just be Ocarina of Time

I don't entirely remember, but I'm pretty sure Ocarina of Time has won these in the past... Its a safe choice to make, methinks.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

The website holds like one or two big voting events a year to figure out if Link, Sephiroth or the Tetris L Block is best

I remember voting against Tetris L Block one year.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ocarina of Time still hasn't recovered from the epic beatdown Egoraptor dished out, and neither have its fans. If it comes down to OOT vs FF7, I think Final Fantasy is the safer bet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Plus with the remake coming out, and with people playing FF7 for the first time on Steam... Its not looking good for Link.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

net cafe scandal posted:

Ocarina of Time still hasn't recovered from the epic beatdown Egoraptor dished out, and neither have its fans. If it comes down to OOT vs FF7, I think Final Fantasy is the safer bet.

This. Never bet against Egoraptor. Im going to have FF7 winning in my bracket.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who is Egoraptor and where can I find his residence so I destroy his undoubtedly weak body with blows to the face chest and rear end.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

Who is Egoraptor

:dogstare:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Who is Egoraptor and where can I find his residence so I destroy his undoubtedly weak body with blows to the face chest and rear end.

A lame dude who owns a 3ds signed by miyamoto, even though he lost in the mario maker finals.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

In Training posted:

Hes a Newgrounds video man who is extremely mentally ill. Hes also one of the Game Grump fellows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

A lame dude who owns a 3ds signed by miyamoto, even though he lost in the mario maker finals.

Absolutely shameful

• Locked thread