Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
First Light is really great, I have the platinum, and everyone who even remotely likes inFamous should play it. Fetch is so fun to play as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Just finished watching the LP of the main game, though I only just watched the good run, sorry Bobbin. Definitely a pretty game, and the PS4's main strength seems to be rain effects and realistic wetness.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

macfam posted:

At least in the previous game you could do evil missions while being a good-guy and vice versa. As others have mentioned once you make your first moral choice in the game you're pretty much stuck with it the rest of the game. I think most video games in fact have better stories if they are more linear. introducing multiple choices in a game means you either have to write around the different choices such that the outcomes are always the same or you to write an exponentially larger amount to realistically show the consequences to each and every choice a player makes.

Actually.... In Infamous 2 several of the keypoints in the game WOULD NOT ALLOW YOU to choose the opposite moral choice until you we good/evil enough. Most notably choosing your power and the final choice. Want to gain fire powers? Too bad boy scout. Go kill random civilians until you hit evil level 2. You picked fire and went good guy again? Well now you have ice powers, have fun with that.

This was a BIT annoying but it was particularly so at the ending. Because I was good the entire game but then I actually was convinced to go the other way like my up until then ally did. I finally picked it......and then the screen darkened and it said I had to hit 100% evil before I could choose that option. THAT is why I only have the achievement for the good ending. I wasn't spending 2 days or more killing civilians to make myself evil enough to see the other ending from 100% good. I just went to youtube.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I just noticed this LP and started watching it. I forget that this game's interruption of Seattle is about on par with Watch_Dogs version of Chicago, expect with less spots influenced by actual land marks. Where's the DuckBoats, the Dick's, or even the massive park and EMP museum around the Space Needle? What's worse is that the devs are from the Eastside and it really looks like they made their version of Seattle look a lot more like Bellevue or Redmond. loving Eastside ruining everything as usual.

Local beef aside, I'm enjoying the LP. I've only played the first Infamous and this one seems a lot less comic book-y than that one so far.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Chaeden posted:

Actually.... In Infamous 2 several of the keypoints in the game WOULD NOT ALLOW YOU to choose the opposite moral choice until you we good/evil enough. Most notably choosing your power and the final choice. Want to gain fire powers? Too bad boy scout. Go kill random civilians until you hit evil level 2. You picked fire and went good guy again? Well now you have ice powers, have fun with that.

This was a BIT annoying but it was particularly so at the ending. Because I was good the entire game but then I actually was convinced to go the other way like my up until then ally did. I finally picked it......and then the screen darkened and it said I had to hit 100% evil before I could choose that option. THAT is why I only have the achievement for the good ending. I wasn't spending 2 days or more killing civilians to make myself evil enough to see the other ending from 100% good. I just went to youtube.

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to turn heel?

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
I'd have rathered not kill all the conduits and I liked Kia. On top of that though of COURSE it works there was no assurance that the good side plan would. I could have just murdered every conduit and left everyone with the plague. And if a game had followed from the evil ending I'd have still had the ability to become a good guy because that's the basis of infamous. Which I honestly think would make a rather interesting game in and of itself with Zeke gone and a army of super humans behind you. Not sure what they'd have done with it but yeah.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Alright, here's the last double update. I'm officially where I would have been if my computer hadn't poo poo the bed.

Episode 3: Gang War ... Uncut ... Cut

Episode 4: Drones ... Uncut ... Cut

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I got so excited when I saw that Fetch's finisher is a picture-perfect Sweet Chin Music.

I get that Fetch loves her brother and that he's the only one who's ever been there for her, but it starts to feel like a bit much.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

death .cab for qt posted:

I find it absurd that they give you Concrete, an incredibly overpowered ability on paper, at the end of the game with zero power behind it. You don't get the fantastic vertical mobility the DUP agents have, you don't get the great defensive properties the DUP agents utilize, you don't get a loving karma bomb to fool around with, and you can't just recharge it anywhere despite the presumable overabundance of concrete in an urban environment.

Concrete should be the "okay, you beat the story, here's easy-mode to round up the collectibles and gauntlet fights" power. It should be broken as poo poo and unfairly overpowered in comparison, because you earned it, dammit. Such a great moment of empowerment ruined by a wet fart of a payoff.

Concrete is kind of awful speed wise, but in terms of mobility, it's surprisingly decent. climbing buildings is painful, but always viable, unlike with smoke. You can glide hella far, almost as well as with Video, and better than Neon or smoke. Your dash is beefier, and an alright offensive attack option.

Your projectiles wreck shop, with your basic shot being stronger than the smoke or neon missile, and your missile being a OHKO against almost every regular enemy and vehicle. The lack of a Karma bomb really doesn't hurt it too much.

The Melee attack is by far the strongest in the game, and the extra defense really does make your survivability shoot up. Also, only being able to drain enemies seems weak, until you see how fast enemies go down. With the armor boost, you can soak shots and just eat the DUPs you crush under concrete.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

The "Toe Truck" is/was a real thing in Seattle.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

There was no update last week because did you seriously expect me to get any work done the week Ratchet and Clank came out? C'mon. However I'm being nice and playing catchup, so we're finishing the LP up proper. I have a few more videos of arena stuff but those will come out on no schedule and won't have commentary over them.

Episode 5: Go Fetch! ... Uncut ... Cut

Episode 6: You See That, Brent? ... Uncut ... Cut

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Skippy, I swear. It's pronounced "jif".

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Great Joe posted:

Yeah, if you're pronouncing it stupidly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Great Joe posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

kalonZombie posted:

Yeah, if you're pronouncing it stupidly.
'bout as stupid as not calling an alligator a crocodile. :colbert:

Veritonsils
Sep 14, 2007

For. Eh. Ver.
Yeah, the Crocodile is a real place here in Seattle. It's not a giant building like it is in the game. It's one of the better music venues, it's even where Nirvana played.

Nice LP! Really enjoyed watching you blast around an inaccurate, yet strikingly similar version of my local town.

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
Okay, I don't know if I missed anything or not, but I don't understand how Fetch accidentally killing Brent was a retcon. I seem to remember her mentioning that during her backstory spiel in the main game.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

slycooper20 posted:

Okay, I don't know if I missed anything or not, but I don't understand how Fetch accidentally killing Brent was a retcon. I seem to remember her mentioning that during her backstory spiel in the main game.

It's the reasons why they said she killed him as opposed to the act of killing him. Second Son said that she thought Brent stole her drug stash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT

kalonZombie posted:

It's the reasons why they said she killed him as opposed to the act of killing him. Second Son said that she thought Brent stole her drug stash.

Ah, ok.

• Locked thread