Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
What would you like it to look like? Maybe I can help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
As I understand it, Alpha Protocol did the 'story morality' thing very very well. Things like a character who will, 99% of the time, act in his own self interest instead trying to kill you if you have done nothing but poo poo on him the entire game, or getting called out on being manipulative if you try every conversational approach on someone, or having a conversation option's sincerity judged, not by whether it has '(lie)' attached, but on how you've treated that person before. Even the ending you get depends on your choices throughout the game, not one 'be evil/good' button. (Heck, there is no 'good-evil' axis; as Yahtzee said, you're choosing what flavor of ponce to be.) The gameplay gets big influences too; let the weapons runner go, and foes are going to be better equipped later, but you'll get access to his goods as well. And just about however you're playing, you're earning perks that make you better in various ways.

Pity about the game itself being clunky as hell.

• Locked thread