Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

kalonZombie posted:

(this title card looks like crap and will eventually be replaced)
Why replace it? I love the guy's dopey expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Mr. Highway posted:

That is a problem with the morality system in this game, and most games with a morality system. Even games that have a more complicated system, such as Catherine's "are you a cat person or a dog person" or the non-choices in Life is Strange, the player's choice is inspired by what is best for the game rather than knee-jerk, on-the-spot ethics. The player asks "what will be advantageous?" rather than "what would I really do?"

inFamous might benefit from an option when you start the game that asks you if you want to be good or bad. Both sides of the story are fine, but it is silly to think that maybe, in this one choice, Evil Delsin will decide to do good.

Yeah, the superior variation I've found is the one where actions carry long-lasting consequences but the game doesn't keep track of a morality meter. So something like the Witcher series as opposed to inFamous or KOTOR.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Nalesh posted:

"Why is Kept spelled with a K?"

-Writer man :v:

The word looks weird with a capital K, okay?! <:mad:>

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

Something Bobbin Threadbare said struck me. Something like "They'd have to look up at the structure and ask themselves if they were the bad guys."

It reminded me of this.

To tell you the truth, I was actively referencing that. And this is higher quality.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Paper Chase, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5euYoAy4DL4&t=62s

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I actually did look up the name afterwards, but from what I can tell, "Delsin" isn't really from an old Western. The name originates from a book written by a white dude about Northeastern Native Americans tribes and supposedly means something like "He is." If it had ever shown up in a Western film, it's one that's obscure even by internet standards.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

slycooper20 posted:

Yeah, I've always kind of wondered what kind of use a Paper power would be in battle. Maybe they give enemies paper cuts? That's all I can think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEgiKVHtKEA

I suspect Read or Die is a major part of the reason anyone was excited for paper powers.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Gensuki posted:

To point, Delsin could "beat" fetch in a 1v1, mirror battle, but when he beat eugene, it was because he ran out the supply of Video, while he still had Neon and Smoke, pitting a 20 something parkour hipster with super powers against some nerd teen.

Delsin also beat Fetch by absorbing all the nearby neon lights and thereby robbing her of her resource, too. So in both cases he's essentially leveraging his adaptability to stop otherwise unstoppable beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I dunno, man, seems redundant in this thread.

• Locked thread