Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

What is InFamous?
InFamous is a series of superhero games made by Sucker Punch studios. If they sound familiar, it's because they also made the good Sly Cooper games. The first InFamous came out in 2009 and was pretty much the first good original superhero game ever. You played as Cole McGrath, who accidentally explodes a sizable portion of Empire City (legally-distinct-from-but-similar-to New York City) and not only survived but got electricity powers. Your goal was to go around the city, restore power to it to collect new powers, and ultimately fight a dude named Kessler. In 2011 InFamous 2 came out, and you did the same thing but in a new city because another guy with powers destroys Empire City in the beginning of the game. You beat him in the end of it too, but canonically Cole dies while doing so.

Wait, those are seriously your synopses of the other two games?
Basically, yeah. Second Son is really good at making sure people who are picking up the series aren't totally lost while playing it. The game provides all the information you need to know right at the beginning and, aside from bonus DLC missions, you don't need any knowledge of the first two games to know what's going on in this one. As a result, I'm getting two people who's exposure to the series has been minimal so far, Skippy Granola and Bobbin Threadbare.

Okay so what's this game's deal then?
InFamous is well-known for being a superhero series done right. In it you become a Conduit, which is what they call people with powers in this universe. This is because their powers are all about absorbing a kind of physical matter or energy and controlling it. You have to constantly refill your source because using your powers drains it out of you. There's also M O R A L C H O I C E S in the games. Your character can either use your powers to help other people, or you can use them to essentially drown puppies and eat children. This third game is a tiny bit better with the evil choices, but not much. To show the full extent of this game, I'm actually going to be playing both the good and evil paths, with Skippy Granola chatting it up as we use our great powers responsibly, and Bobbin Threadbare plotting with me how to get the most out of our powers for ourselves.

Wasn't there DLC to this game?
Yup! I'll be covering that too. Not until after the game is done though, and there's no M O R A L C H O I C E S in it either, so both will be joining me for that.

What's the LP going to be like?
Story missions will be shown off in their entirety. All side content wil be done as well, but since most of it is the same stuff but slightly different, I won't be showing most of it off. The two side missions I will show all the content for are the dead drop missions, which provide some nice backstory and such for the game, and the tagging missions, which show off just how loving good an artist our main character is.

Also as a fair warning: I will likely be repeating myself a lot during these videos. I won't blame anyone for not watching both versions. However, I'm hoping that by having different co-commentators I will get different reactions, so it might be worth it for big updates.

GOOD VIDEOS

Episode 1: If Art Is A Crime... ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 2: Best Two Out Of Three? ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 3: Kickass Tag ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 4: Flesh Eating Death Gaze ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 5: Fetch Walker ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 6: Firework Sandwich ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 7: North Island Roundup
Episode 8: Hell On Bridges ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 9: He Who Dwells ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 10: A Couple of My Bullets ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 11: Eugene Sims ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 12: Something In Your Size ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 13: Hank Daughtry ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 14: Brooke Augustine ... Uncut ... Cut

EVIL VIDEOS

Episode 1: If Art Is A Crime... ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 2: Best Two Out Of Three? ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 3: Kickass Tag ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 4: Flesh Eating Death Gaze ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 5: Fetch Walker ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 6: Firework Sandwich ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 7: North Island Roundup
Episode 8: Hell On Bridges ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 9: He Who Dwells ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 10: A Couple of My Bullets ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 11: Eugene Sims ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 12: Something In Your Size ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 13: Hank Daughtry ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 14: Brooke Augustine ... Uncut ... Cut

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Why replace it? I love the guy's dopey expression.

I'll keep the picture but the color direction is absolute garbo and I don't quite remember how to make it not garbo.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Except Naughty Dog did Crash Bandicoot, not Sucker Punch.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hey there, do you like InFamous? Do you like non canon stories? Do you like Halloween? Do you like vampires? Do you like things so bad but know that they're bad so they just run with it and have a good time? Well I'm going to stream InFamous 2: Festival of Blood in about 10 minutes! Happy Halloween everyone!

https://www.hitbox.tv/kalonzombie

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

The update's been live for a few hours now, but the forums were down and I had work and then uhhhhhh

Episode 2: Best Two Out Of Three? ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

ShootaBoy posted:

We need to get your co-commentators in a steel cage match at the end of the LP and have them settle this rivalry once and for all.

I'm pretty sure that's the plan for the finale of First Light at this point.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today my co-commentators get into a prank war.

Part 3 - Kickass Tag ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today, we get a taste of what next time has in store for us.

Episode 4: Flesh Eating Death Gaze ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Pretty sure you put the wrong audio track over the evil uncut :v:

That I did. OKAY so I was going to update today but that happened so tomorrow for sure. I'm sorry for it being so late.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Ultra late update because of various reasons! Shut up!

Episode 5: Fetch Walker ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'm just gonna drop this off here, late, with no explanation.

Episode 6: Firework Sandwich ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I did a dumb. It's undone now.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I still think neon is a better power than the next power for good characters, but having stuck with it for the LP, I will admit that it's still very good either way.

It doesn't help that it's actually kind of hard to come by sources for the last power, too.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we do a collection roundup. You can skip to the 26:55 mark in the good video and 26:30 in the evil video to see the last of the Cole's Legacy missions, if watching side-mission cleanup isn't your kind of thing, it's the only "story" mission we do.

Episode 7: North Island Roundup ... Good ... Evil

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

Please tell me we put on the Cole jacket for at least one episode. RIP to our fallen hero.

Yes, the entirety of the endgame will be done in Cole's old duds.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Kloro posted:

- The Paper Chase DLC is really good and has a pretty neat (and very plot relevant) conclusion, so it's a shame you're not doing it.

I might do it in that case. I've never actually finished it myself. Though considering it's one of those "only one path" things I might make them separate videos and get both of my co-commentators in on it at the same time.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Woah! It's a boss! Woah! WOAH!

Episode 8: Hell on Bridges ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

It's not bad, per se, it's just literally outclassed by both of the other powers.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Let's play a video game in a video game and get some meta-commentary about nerds who play too many video games in said videogames.

Episode 9: He Who Dwells ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 14, 2016

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Glenn_Beckett posted:

oh my loving God, yes. I thought this LP was dead, which is pathetic, considering I declared death at only 14 days, but, ya know...

I came down with a bit of sickness and just loving could not deal with LP poo poo at all last week. I announced it on my twitter but I forget not everyone follows me on twitter.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Sorry for the late update. Work has been busy as poo poo so I didn't feel like doing two tracks of commentary editing until the day AFTER the update was supposed to go up.

Episode 10: A Couple of My Bullets ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hey, occasionally Skippy and I do riffs on random stuff. Not nearly as often as I would like but ehhhh.

Today, we did one. It's already good to go, so here you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCMFpiWz9DA

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I can't believe megahipster Delsin has befriended a nerd. Wow man. Just wow.

Episode 11: Eugene Sims ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 30, 2016

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

Do we have an over/under on if Delsin is more powerful than Cole yet? I would've loved to see that as some kind of super secret boss.

Considering at his most powerful Cole could use electricity to travel back in time, I'm gonna lob a "probably not" here. It's been shown in-game that even at his most powerful, Delsin is one of those "jack of all trades master of none" characters. He can use Neon, yeah, but not nearly as good as Fetch. He can use video, sure, but he can't turn himself into some giant angel/demon hybrid that shoots lasers from his eyes. I don't think it's a matter of practice, either, like Bobbin has said. Thinking back on it, Delsin has truly reached his potential using the shards we've been absorbing, and we can't get any more powerful. He may have variety on his side, but on his own Delsin seems to be weaker than other Prime Conduits.

If he ever were to fight a clone or whatever of Cole, he might win due to having enough options that he doesn't need to scrounge around for a power source, but if he was limited to one power I think Cole would kick his rear end.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Okay, so bad news. The LP, and all my other LPs, are on a temporary hiatus. How temporary I can't say... maybe days, maybe more. My PC's motherboard died and my laptop is in no condition to be doing anything involving recording or editing. I can probably still do commentary for other people's LPs but that's about it. Hopefully this won't be long. I'm getting a second opinion from someone about the mobo just in case because we all know how doctor google can be, but if it is I just need to order one and pay someone else to install it because I'm lazy and pissed enough that I'd rather just use part of my tax refund money on that instead of doing it myself.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Okay! Here's an update at last! Now, because of the delay I had putting this up, I have a special present coming for you all... later. The first two updates of First Light will be :siren:DOUBLE UPDATES!:siren: The base game videos, however, are a lot of work. I basically pull double update duty on them every update, so doing four at once would just be a horrifying prospect. Just wait a few weeks and I'll make up for it, promise.

Episode 12: Something In Your Size ... Good Uncut ... Bad Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 4, 2016

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

slycooper20 posted:

God, that feels like the most uncomfortable thing in the world to wear a jacket over a hoodie, especially in the weather I'm assuming they're having right now in game.

Delsin wears so many layers I wonder how he manages to bend his elbows as much as he does.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

The problem with using real-life cities is you have to buy rights to a lot of buildings and that gets expensive.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

The penultimate update asks the question "what happens when Delsin becomes less like Peter Parker Spider-Man and more like Ben Reily Spider-Man?"

Episode 13: Hank Daughtry ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Final episode! I'm gonna take a week off the LP and start First Light on the 31st with a double update.

Episode 14: Brooke Augustine ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Stormgale posted:

Does going (final fight spoilers) Sonic the hedgehog on her do damage, I remember using that alot

I've honestly never tried, so I don't know.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

To be fair, he exposed her, then personally went to Curdon Cay to release the Conduits. Probably with a bunch of news crews tagging along so that their new favorite Conduit celebrity wasn't shot dead on the spot.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

So uh I know I said this was going to start on the 31st but it's going to start on April 1st. No, I'm not trying to make some loving stupid April Fool's thing, I just genuinely screwed up encoding one of the episodes and I won't have enough time to fix it before then. I will have a real, genuine update for you on April 1st.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

What is this?
It's InFamous: First Light! It's a stand-alone DLC starring everyone's favorite neon laser shooting junkie, Abigail Walker AKA Fetch. It released in late August 2014, roughly five months after InFamous: Second son. You don't need Second Son at all to play this, and it's currently standing at a pretty $14.99 on Sony's digital store (i say $10 in the first video, but i was mistaken and must have been confusing it for a sale price).

What's it about?
First Light is a prequel DLC all about Fetch's past. Specifically the events leading up to her killing her brother, Brent, which led to her capture by the DUP. They do a couple of non-obtrusive retcons here and there, all of which can be handwaved away by saying we don't exactly know how accurate Delsin's past-reading power is. Since we're playing as Fetch, we're limited to just the neon power, but being limited to "just neon" is like being limited to a chain gun with infinite ammo.

100%?
Technically? 100% requires a lot of grinding for skill points, which would be dreadfully boring to watch. I'll show off all the missions (and all of the variants of the one side mission that has variants), but aside from that you can assume that I'm earning various skills off-camera. I do, however, have a file with 100% completion on it, and will be using that to show off the arena fights (which wont have commentary).

Episode 1: Short-Tailed Burmese Cat ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 2: I'm Shane. ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 3: Gang War ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 4: Drones ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 5: Go Fetch! ... Uncut ... Cut
Episode 6: You See That, Brent? ... Uncut ... Cut

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 28, 2016

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Alright, here's the last double update. I'm officially where I would have been if my computer hadn't poo poo the bed.

Episode 3: Gang War ... Uncut ... Cut

Episode 4: Drones ... Uncut ... Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

There was no update last week because did you seriously expect me to get any work done the week Ratchet and Clank came out? C'mon. However I'm being nice and playing catchup, so we're finishing the LP up proper. I have a few more videos of arena stuff but those will come out on no schedule and won't have commentary over them.

Episode 5: Go Fetch! ... Uncut ... Cut

Episode 6: You See That, Brent? ... Uncut ... Cut

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Great Joe posted:

Skippy, I swear. It's pronounced "jif".

Yeah, if you're pronouncing it stupidly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

slycooper20 posted:

Okay, I don't know if I missed anything or not, but I don't understand how Fetch accidentally killing Brent was a retcon. I seem to remember her mentioning that during her backstory spiel in the main game.

It's the reasons why they said she killed him as opposed to the act of killing him. Second Son said that she thought Brent stole her drug stash.

• Locked thread