Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

OmanyteJackson posted:

Is Reggie voiced by the same va as knuckles?

Reggie is Travis Willingham, aka Roy Mustang. And yes, he is the current knuckles va.

It's more obvious in a quest just past the halfway mark where he really hams it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Bob Smith posted:

ability to make guys implode with headshots

What? No, this still happens. Even better is it can chain. I "accidentally" took out an entire sidewalks worth of people that way.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Pillars of Eternity had a pretty good morality system, in that you were judged on a five or six axis system that didn't actually have any opposing each other. And people would react to things you said based on your reputation. E.g. If you're a liar or go back on your word people are less likely to trust you in life or death situations. And there are a lot of decisions where doing the "right" thing pisses someone off and locks you out of something, or makes your life harder.

The entire second act is spent navigating the political machinations of a city where there is no clear "good" faction, but you need to ally yourself to one of them to advance your personal ambitions and prove your case before the king.

That's not to say it's the perfect game in that regard, there are a few points where it gets super railroady, and at one point near the end of the game it starts telling you how your character feels about certain events.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 31, 2015

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Bob Smith posted:

I guess you get it much later than in First Light then, I've only just finished the tutorial here.

For reasons I can't elaborate on due to spoilers, yes it happens later in this game. Just keep playing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Speedball posted:

"How do we make a guy with electrical superpowers more badass? Make him a vampire!"

The orange lightning is a nice visual touch.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I think the idea is that Conduits can, and do, occur naturally. Otherwise Kessler wouldn't have existed to go back in time and create the Ray Sphere in the first place. And considering the Ray Sphere uses human life to forcibly awaken a single conduit, Kessler probably didn't even care about the side effects. So what Cole did killed all the Conduits who were awoken by the Ray Sphere, while leaving those who hadn't been more or less alone. And still allowing for them to awaken normally after the fact. The difference being that now the government is well equipped to identify and track Conduits, whereas before the RFI incident they could probably live more or less in obscurity.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

This game has some amazing lighting effects, Just look at the evil smoke illuminate the surroundings as you shoot and melee stuff. It's a pity good just gets.. brownish-orange smoke instead of Evil's glowing red embers.

Mzbundifund posted:

Wow, I don't think I could write Delsin as more insufferable and whiny if I tried.

He gets much better. He's basically an entitled art-school drop out at this point, but he's got a pretty good plot arc.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

I'm just waiting for the inevitable 'you think you're a black sheep but everyone else thinks you're a wolf in sheep's clothing' deal to finally set in on him.

I do like that the reason he's doing all of this hasn't really changed between the good Hero and evil Infamous sides. The Akomish people are awesome, ergo I gotta save them.

That's more to do with the fact that outside of a few instances, the cutscenes are the same between good/evil side unless you're in a good/evil mission.

It does make the evil playthrough somewhat... schizophrenic.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 7, 2015

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The Evil Path's Betty Phonecalls are heartbreaking :(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It does create a nice synergy though, because one of the ways to extend your evil karma streak timer is to slaughter civilians until you can get an enemy to kill.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The second power's Karma Bomb is probably the most universally useful, and the most visually impressive. The third one has some weird directional targeting issues and also inherit smoke's "must not have a roof overhead" clause

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The ARG Stuff also handles the flags for content oddly, and it's tied to your PSN ID so if you've done it already then it's unlocked for all of your characters.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Both the main game and First Light are on sale on PSN right now.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The He who Dwells fight basically requires you to max out your heavy ammo on the hardest difficulty, and it's at least helpful on lower ones.

At least it comes after my favorite mission with Willingham hamming it up.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Nalesh posted:

God drat it rover, less than 30 minutes after I build my first base on this save, you update and break it :v:

What?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Gensuki posted:

Eugene might actually be the most powerful conduit in the game. He is just severely lacking in confidence. Considering he can summon an angel swarm as his default level to presumably anywhere on the island (given the distance between his base and the bridge), and if he is local can bring in He Who Dwells, I am pretty sure a sufficiently motivated Eugene could solo the game?

To point, Delsin could "beat" fetch in a 1v1, mirror battle, but when he beat eugene, it was because he ran out the supply of Video, while he still had Neon and Smoke, pitting a 20 something parkour hipster with super powers against some nerd teen.
One of the points of the prequel campaign is that Eugene doesn't have to be present in the fight to actually fight. He can use constructs and illusions to fight for him and can have a near limitless stream of them. Delsin won in part because he was actually able to track him down and corner him.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Infamous 2 had power combos, sort of.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The way they play with the music during and immediately after the next boss fight are my favorite things about this game.

Rip Reggie :(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Good Video: is "Go invisible, stealth-incapping 2 people every time you do, building up your lackluster karma bomb."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yup, and if there's multiple power sources nearby, you can switch to neon to blow it's bomb, usually ending the fight before switching back to video to charge it up on the next fight.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Fetch and Delsin are at least at the "Casual sex" stage. I'm pretty sure that fetch didn't even know who eugene was before she was put onto the transport, though she did end up blowing up a lot of his angels during training since Augustine used him like her own personal holodeck.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It's implied pretty damned hard. And Eugene knows about Fetch for reasons that get explained in First Light but Fetch never actually meets Eugene in any way that's shown to the player. Also they were in prison, I'm pretty sure Augustine wasn't shipping her prisoners. He might have a crush on her but I highly doubt it's in any way reciprocated.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It's too bad in the end they decided to try and both have Augustine be a huge rear end in a top hat, but also on the other hand really care about people and want to protect them. They succeeded too much with the first to make the latter believable. Maybe if her concretestone mask started falling apart gradually all throughout the story progression and it became apparent she had emotions before the last 2 story missions.

Or maybe that's what happened and I'm not very perceptive? Always a possibility.

The point is more that she cares about conduits, full stop. Her position within the military empowered her to protect them, but she did so by playing the military game. And she knew she was running out of enemies to fight, so to ensure her future funding she weaponized Fetch and Eugene and put them in a truck with her best escape artist. I'm pretty sure her endgame would have been her using her weaponized conduit army to carve out a safe place for her people, but she really did not give two shits about all the regular humans killed or inconvenienced by her plans.

In the good ending you prove her wrong and more importantly expose her schemes for the utter bullshit that they are, allowing you to free the conduits.
In the evil ending you become her perfect boogieman. Which might have been her plan all along, two conduits escaping and terrorizing Seattle might prove her point but would also prove her own incompetence, a completely unknown entity showing up and rampaging through Seattle for seemingly no reason would scare everyone into doing whatever she asked for. The problem is that Delsin won, and turned Curdon Quay into his own personal power buffet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

But Fetch, Eugene and Delsin are all conduits. She doesn't seem to care about them. It's just.. I dunno, I guess I read those final scenes with her wrong. Seems to happen to me a lot. Nevermind.

If she wanted fetch and eugene dead she could have killed them at the same time she killed reggie, it wasn't like they were going anywhere. And conduits are good at healing, but a concrete spike through the Femur still hurts like a bitch. She knows full well that the other Conduits don't want to play her game, but she thinks she's looking out for their best interests.

• Locked thread