Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Awesome! I love the inFamous series. This, the 2 PS3 games, and First Light are all amazing. I even bothered picking up the platinum for this one and First Light. I think what originally drew me to inFamous was the idea that it was a modern superhero story. I always say that basically every popular superhero was created by the 70s. So seeing Cole have his own origin and growth into a hero (cause I'm a softie and always do evil in the 2nd run) was great. It helped that the gameplay was very fun and the game overall felt more free than it actually was. In the case of Second Son, it was my first PS4 game. It looks stunning, the gameplay is just as fun as the first two games, and the biggest complaint I have about the game is that it's painfully short. Of all complaints to have for your game, that's a great one in my eyes. Once I catch up, I'll have more to say about the actual LP :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The only thing that sucks about the Smoke Karma Bomb is that it has virtually no vertical component. And since the DUPs like to constantly spring up to a vantage point or hang out on those concrete posts sticking out of buildings, it can be completely useless in some fights. It's still amazing for Showdowns though.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
When I first got Neon, I hated it and immediately wanted to go back to Smoke. It grows on you though. I think I still prefer the next power most for movement, but Neon is great for Good Karma combat. Honestly the best part of Neon is how pretty it is. I feel like I know immediately which boss you don't like, because I know which boss I hated. Fetch's DLC (glad we're on about it) is fuckin amazing. No hyperbole, probably my favorite add-on for the PS4. I made sure to get the Platinum for this game and First Light to show my appreciation. Fetch's powers are similar enough to Delsin to be easy to pick up, but SO much cooler once you get to the end of it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's not you, Kalon. The fact that the markers aren't arrows AND they're not on the map is a real drawback to their usefulness. The Radiant Sweep is so drat cool. It really is the best Karma Bomb without question.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Please tell me we put on the Cole jacket for at least one episode. RIP to our fallen hero.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I just wish the game were longer honestly. I may be off from what I recall, but I'm pretty sure we're half way through now. Seeing that it was kinda like a tech demo makes sense honestly. The game is quite beautiful.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I played around in Second Son after watching the LP and I think you're too hard on Smoke. It's pretty great once you've put a fair amount of shards into it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I begin to wonder if the art of the boss fight may be dying off in AAA games. I look at m PS4 and two of my favorite games are this one and Arkham Knight. Neither one has any bosses that I'd consider good and some are outright terrible. Doing that He Who Dwells fight on Hard is suffering.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Video can't really fight for poo poo, but flying around with it is one of the most fun things in a game. It's really nice to control. I'd say it's second only to Fetch's running in the DLC.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Do we have an over/under on if Delsin is more powerful than Cole yet? I would've loved to see that as some kind of super secret boss.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Delsin also beat Fetch by absorbing all the nearby neon lights and thereby robbing her of her resource, too. So in both cases he's essentially leveraging his adaptability to stop otherwise unstoppable beings.

To be fair, he didn't have any Neon powers yet. He couldn't do anything BUT drain the lights.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It doesn't work at all in the evil playthrough, but in the good playthrough that part just hit. It didn't get me as much as the two endings of InFamous 2, but it hit and I felt it. I wish this game weren't so black and white because man did I want to put Hank down for the long sleep.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I love how Augustine is smart enough to weaponize Delsin's own power against him. She knows that if she gives him her powers then he'll be completely hosed. It was also a great way to show us some insight into the way her mind works. You can make your own conclusions about whether she's right or wrong (she's obviously wrong), but I like that you're given a choice.

I'm sure they'll make another inFamous game. As far as new IPs, it's one of my favorite video game series ever. The biggest compliment I've always given is that they tell modern day superhero stories. In an age where the most iconic heroes we have are from the 40's or the 60's, they still managed to tell a story that really stuck with me.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
First Light is really great, I have the platinum, and everyone who even remotely likes inFamous should play it. Fetch is so fun to play as.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Chaeden posted:

Actually.... In Infamous 2 several of the keypoints in the game WOULD NOT ALLOW YOU to choose the opposite moral choice until you we good/evil enough. Most notably choosing your power and the final choice. Want to gain fire powers? Too bad boy scout. Go kill random civilians until you hit evil level 2. You picked fire and went good guy again? Well now you have ice powers, have fun with that.

This was a BIT annoying but it was particularly so at the ending. Because I was good the entire game but then I actually was convinced to go the other way like my up until then ally did. I finally picked it......and then the screen darkened and it said I had to hit 100% evil before I could choose that option. THAT is why I only have the achievement for the good ending. I wasn't spending 2 days or more killing civilians to make myself evil enough to see the other ending from 100% good. I just went to youtube.

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to turn heel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I got so excited when I saw that Fetch's finisher is a picture-perfect Sweet Chin Music.

I get that Fetch loves her brother and that he's the only one who's ever been there for her, but it starts to feel like a bit much.

• Locked thread