Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Mrenda posted:

So my Celtic Nations League database is going well. Attracting a decent level of Steam weirdo.

Is it a local rivalry thing or something? Nantes always want to keep Brest small?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’d never keep Brest small, personally

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’d never keep Brest small, personally

I see what you did there.

Content: Just finished a nice little Carabao Cup run with QPR in 2025, beat Man City in the 3rd round and another Prem side before going out on penalties in the quarterfinals to a still-in-the-Prem Leicester. Lost on penalties on a 5th round panenka by Harvey Barnes. :argh:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Posted on Reddit hoping for some help as well. I'm kinda perplexed. So I'm playing in my first season as KRC Genk on FM24 and out of nowhere, a U19 team was created. No email or anything, it just showed up in my Dev. Center. The U19 team is completely empty with 0 staff and 0 players. I already have a B team (Jong Genk) playing in a lower level and a youth team (U18). What the heck do I do with this team?

Trying to look up info and I see that some people have had a similar thing happen and it's because my team got invited to a youth cup (Viareggio Cup Coppa Carnevale) and it needs to have a U19 team. I wanted to do a youth academy focused save so hurray for another team but now I'm confused as to how to handle the U19 squad?

As far as I know, the U19 squad is only set up for the Viareggio cup. It doesn't participate in any other leagues. I would just take my U18 team and play them on my U19 team but the youth league runs at the same time and conflicts with the cup. I'm just starting out in the save so I'm not exactly flush with cash. I don't want to waste signing an entire coaching staff and filling out the roster (while transferring some guys from my U18 team) just to play a few games and then have the team do nothing? I am not totally sure how the U19 team would affect development vs my U18/B-team.

It's also super weird because some options that are usually there, don't exist. There isn't a button to delegate anything as there is for my other teams. Does anyone have some advice with how to handle this? I tried googling for similar situations but struggled with finding answers. Because of the money issue and the tournament is a few months away, I don't know what would happen if I just ignored the team completely.

EDIT: I guess I just needed to advance a few days and the menus started appearing. My Technical Director started hiring some Staff and the delegate buttons showed up as usual. Still doesn't exactly give me a hint on how I should manage my U19 vs U18 team for future comps though, unless by next season they'll be signed up to a new competition, in which case this is quite the boon for a youth focused save.

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 7, 2024

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Contract negotiations are so dumb. The board and fans both have an A+ opinion of me, as we're headed for our 3rd successive promotion, the next-lowest paid manager in the league is on twice as much as me, I have six months left on my contract and the club is making mad bank, but they won't offer any more than a 20℅ pay rise or less than a 2 year deal. If I try to bump them up even £100 / month they flip their lids. Yet you know that as soon as they need to hire a replacemeny, they'll offer them stupid money. I'm on less than the U21 coach they just hired. Guess I just see out the season and see what they offer once my current contract lapses.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
A tale as old as time.

Their offer won't change when your contract lapses, unless you've been promoted or newly qualified for Europe by then.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

That's annoying. What if I leave and apply for the position as soon as it falls vacant?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I haven't actually tried in years, but when I did back in FM18 or whatever it spit out a "We are not currently interested in interviewing you for the manager role since you just recently vacated it" message.

You'd think the game was coded by Americans, seeing as how the only way to ever get a meaningful raise is to change employers.

Look on the bright side though, your salary doesn't actually do anything in the game.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

I haven't actually tried in years, but when I did back in FM18 or whatever it spit out a "We are not currently interested in interviewing you for the manager role since you just recently vacated it" message.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Oh well, guess it's probably time to move clubs. Getting fed up of seeing this chairman's face anyway.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
does your salary actually affect anything in the game?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It does not.

SI claims if you make more money than your players they're easier to keep in line, which is both false and mostly irrelevant since your good players will always be making more money than you. (There is such an effect, but it's minor and tied to reputation, not salary.) There's also a vague claim that having a high salary makes the board more reluctant to pay you off to sack you but there is no actual such effect. Probably one of those deals where it's in the code but the effect is drowned by other factors and SI never cared enough to tweak it.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 13, 2024

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I used to always ask for the minimum possible salary because it means more money for other parts of the club

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vegetable posted:

I used to always ask for the minimum possible salary because it means more money for other parts of the club

I lower it and extend the contract duration so I have to deal with it less often

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
You get cheevos for earning £1m total career earnings and another for £10m. At least on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just had a champions league tie against bayern, their keeper got injured in the last minute of extra time so thomas muller had to be in goal for the shootout

i'll let you finish this story off for yourself :sigh: