Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I signed a young Aussie DC at the start of the season for £1.2m but he insisted on a £2.5m MFRC.
He's making great progress in training even if his performances have been fairly meh, and he got a Wonderkid tag before Christmas.
Enough progress anyway to make me give him a new contract at £10k p/w and a new MFRC of £37m, which I'm very happy with.

It's still early days, but I reckon he could become a very good centre-back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Two seasons in the Championship, two 5th place finishes, two playoff losses.

It would be nice if the squad didn't poo poo themselves when I suggest they're good enough to avoid relegation next season, but hey. What do I know?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

sebzilla posted:

It would be nice if the squad didn't poo poo themselves when I suggest they're good enough to avoid relegation next season, but hey. What do I know?

Next year, tell them that they are rubbish and shouldn't even be in the EFL.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

sebzilla posted:

I'm in the same boat though we poo poo the bed last runin and missed the playoffs. Have some self-belief you guys!

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

I've agreed a deal for this kid. £10.75m. He's gonna get £70k p/w with a £37.5m MFRC, which is [checks calculator] about £55k p/w more than anyone else on my team. Oh yeah, £2.7m in signing-on and agent fees. Sheesh.
It's the Portuguese top tier, so he's arguably going to be one of the best 5 players in the league, but even though we can comfortably afford it, it's still a huge amount of money for us.

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 11, 2023

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Fantastic name and facial hair for a 19 year old.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
People always find good names in their games, I just end up with things like Scott Scott the Scot

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I just signed Phil Neville as a scout. What, United wouldn't make you their official crisp ambassador or something?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’ve been playing the Touch edition of this game, which comes with Apple Arcade. It’s basically the full game except with less player interaction. I delegate all of the training and team talks. It’s probably my preferrred way to enjoy this game. I blazed through three seasons in two weeks sitting on my couch. It’s harder to do things like scouting because the UI kinda sucks but the trade offs for the convenience are well worth it.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

director of football mode when miles... i dont give a poo poo about media, social media, training - give me a wonderkid factory and let me sack a coach for not winning the title for the 8th year in a row

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I mean you can pretty much simulate all that by delegating everything to your assman, except the part where you can't hire proper managers because they don't want the rear end Man role.

If you want to run a proper wonderkid factory you have to oversee training yourself though, the AI can't do it for poo poo

e: you can watch your team's matches without having to manage them by adding a new, unemployed manager and having him attend your team's games, then Instant Resulting them with your real manager.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

That rear end Man thing is the reason why it sucks to do it that way though

Just dreaming about a DoF mode for the next 10 years (knowing that when if they initially release it, it'll be half baked at best for 4 years minimum)

That's okay, we'll get our Travel Fatigue affects performance and Fireworks-outside-hotel-all-night scenarios in FM 24 and we'll be happy, damnit.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I played my first season in my custom database. Ireland, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland all under the Irish FA, because mixing up nations is beyond me in the editor. I took over as manager of Cobh Ramblers in the fourth tier. There's a tier below me, a split tier (like the Vanarama Regional) below that, and then a pretty much amateur league below that. Above me I think teams are forced to go pro in the third tier. Second tier suggests minimum standard stadiums. The first tier enforces them.

We started off well. Upsetting everyone when we were supposed to be struggling to get mid-table. I was around the top three or four (all of us on roughly equal points) at midway. My problem was I went on a deep cup run.* The mid-season slump coincided with about four cup games we struggled with, eventually getting knocked out of all of them. Morale tanked and we couldn't buy a win. The trick was to rotate in some of the younger players, giving the better guys a rest, plus keeping them aware their position isn't guaranteed. After a loss and a draw away from home I targetted a home match against a low down team to hold team meeting. Morale boost from the team meeting, go through the praise training routine... We get the win. Morale takes an uptick. We get another win.

Although we're not likely to get automatically promoted coming into the last game a win gives us a chance. We're 2-0 up at full time. I'm checking around the league. The table shows us in second place. We've done it! Unlikely as hell but we've done it with a fine run of form at the tail end of the season to regain what we lost. I click out of the match screen. We're in third. No automatic promotion. I check the other match. The team ahead of us scored a (90+3) third goal to put them one ahead on goal difference. We'd have won the other tie-breakers.

As you can see we won the playoff. We had the form and position going in. If I could restart the database I'd set it so the semi-finals are played at the home team's ground instead of a neutral venue, but alas. Also, The three yellow card system is now separated between the cup competitions and the league. And I think it changes to five yellow cards in the league the higher up you go. The second tier through to fourth tier are all very similar, so I wanted to differentiate them in the rules system, squad requirements, going pro requirements, etc. to give a feel of progression instead of being for nothing.

Next season I think I go pro, hopefully. Which means either signing everyone I have onto a pro wage, or rolling the dice and hoping I can sign better players. I think I sign up the core of the team and solidify my position. Hopefully stay out of a relegation battle while getting reinforcements and loans in in a few key positions. I absorb the financial hit from going pro then, the next year, go for promotion while also boosting up our facilities.

The database is actually really working out well. There's a lot of teams you can grow with and into, or just take over Rangers or Celtic. There's scope to climb through the leagues. And although the money is a little more than the Portuguese league (about €210m versus €185m,) I think it's balanced fairly across divisions, so football should be sustainable, with our commie Celtic League governments, and a rival to the Premiership in English language football.

If anyone wants to try the database let me know. The Scottish teams are probably easier, the Irish teams the middle ground, the Northern Irish a mixture and the Welsh a difficult save. If you want to manage an Irish team you'd have to tell me so I can edit the contracts so they don't end mid-season, as that's not something I did as the AI will do that for the AI teams automatically.

*The Irish cup is easier, being a mixture of Rep. of Ireland and Northern Ireland teams. The "UK" cup is more difficult, Scottish and Welsh teams, with the Scots dominating and the amount of teams in the database demanding an extra fixture, but also more cash because of it. I say, "UK" because in this world Scotland and Wales left England and joined up with Norn Iron and Iron in a loose affiliation of Celtic Nations in the EU.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

If it'll work with FM21 I'd love to play it! I'd probably want to play either an Irish club or one of the bigger Welsh clubs.

Speaking of Welsh clubs, I just had The New Saints make it into the Champions League group stage in my Newmarket save. They drew in with Chelsea, Ajax and Galatasaray, and managed to scrape out two draws somehow.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Moktaro posted:

If it'll work with FM21 I'd love to play it! I'd probably want to play either an Irish club or one of the bigger Welsh clubs.

Sorry, unfortunately it'll only work with FM23.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I'd want to play a French club that is actually competitive on the world stage. PSG has all the money in the world and dominates France while being feckless in Europe - everyone else is an afterthought.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I posted long ago about how the officiating in Ligue 1 where you get a yellow for looking crossly at someone probably plays into that. I was only about 40% joking.

Doubly for PSG since they are more or less the Ligue 1 refs' employers and unaccustomed to dealing with opponents who also have deep bribery funds

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Mrenda posted:

Sorry, unfortunately it'll only work with FM23.

Well boo. I would like to upgrade to a version that has the post-covid sub rules but I'll have to catch a sale. :sigh:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Moktaro posted:

This might be of interest for you:
https://www.fmscout.com/a-world-super-league-fm21-update.html

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
For those interested, after a nice and polite request to add Wrexham, and some whining from malcontents asking, "What about Swansea and Cardiff?" I've now added those three teams to my Celtic Nations database. I've also added the new Irish team with the 23.4.0 update, Kerry. Although Wrexham are probably the easiest team to play with in their league, predicted to come top by far, so that'll make an easy first season for anyone looking to play with them.

Everything should be in working order, and if anyone wants to play the database or just wants to test it, shoot me a PM. I have it all zipped up and a readme included so it should be good to go.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Mrenda posted:

For those interested, after a nice and polite request to add Wrexham, and some whining from malcontents asking, "What about Swansea and Cardiff?" I've now added those three teams to my Celtic Nations database. I've also added the new Irish team with the 23.4.0 update, Kerry. Although Wrexham are probably the easiest team to play with in their league, predicted to come top by far, so that'll make an easy first season for anyone looking to play with them.

Everything should be in working order, and if anyone wants to play the database or just wants to test it, shoot me a PM. I have it all zipped up and a readme included so it should be good to go.

Could you explain the league structure more? How are you mixing (or not) the teams from the RoI, NI, Scotland and Wales?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

Could you explain the league structure more? How are you mixing (or not) the teams from the RoI, NI, Scotland and Wales?

### Celtic Nations Database - Version - Wrexham & 23.4.0 Update ###

Thanks for giving my Celtic Nations database a go. I’d love to hear your thoughts on it after
a bit of play.

This is the updated database with Wrexham added to the Celtic Nations system along with the
new Irish team, Kerry. And due to whining online I've also added Cardiff and Swansea.
All the Welsh teams in England should now have come crawling back to the Celtic system
seeing as there's some money in it.

All the main edits for the database have the mainline/traditional teams in “Ireland.” They’re under
the Irish Football Association. Editing multiple countries to have a joint system that ties into European
qualification is beyond me in the editor.

Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland (the countries/league systems in the database) have very little attention
paid to them, and are just low level amateur/placeholder teams brought into the national setups so they can
qualify for Europe. I’m sure it’ll balance out after about 30 years, but who cares?
You want all the teams under the “Irish” system.

### The Leagues ###

The Celtic Nations league is a basic tiered system.

Paddy Power Premiership (Celtic Nations Premiership) – Top Division – 17 Teams –
Teams qualify for Europe out of this tier of league – 3 Relegation places.

Jameson Championship (Celtic Nations Championship) – Second Tier – 18 Teams –
3 Relegation places – Top 2 Auto-Promoted – Teams 3 to 6 have a playoff for the third promotion spot.

Kerrygold League 1 – Third tier – 18 Teams - 3 Relegation places – Top 2 Auto-Promoted –
Teams 3 to 6 have a playoff for the third promotion spot.

Kerrygold League 2 – Fourth Tier – 20 Teams - 3 Relegation places – Top 2 Auto-Promoted –

Tunnocks League 3 – Fifth Tier – 20 Teams - 3 Relegation places – Top 2 Auto-Promoted –

Titanic Conference – Sixth Tier Split in Two – 19 Teams in each split -
Top position in each league gets auto-promoted – Teams leagyes 2 and 3 from each split have
a playoff to determine the third team to get promoted to League 3. Only one "third" team from
the Titanic Conference gets promoted. Presume this is the hardest mode - Bottom in each division
split gets relegated.

Welsh Lamb League – Bottom League/Seventh Tier – Mostly amateur teams – Top two get promoted.

## League Notes ##

Be mindful of registration rules and disciplinary rules going up through the leagues, they do change.
The entire pyramid is intended as a government focused and funded development system. You'll have
incentive to rotate your squad and use young players, sometimes enforced. At least at lower levels.

### The Cups ###

Ardbeg FA Cup – Typical FA Cup – Every team active in the database plays off in a cup format to determine the winner –
Teams are entered later the better the league they’re in – Gives a European tournament place.

Parliament Cup (aka the Independence Cup) – Knockout cup between all the Scottish and Welsh Teams – No European Place

Kingspan Cup (aka the Celtic Cup) – Knockout cup between all the Irish and Northern Irish Teams – No European Place

Ballygowan Spring Championship – Winner of Parliament Cup and Kingspan Cup play off at the start of the season.
Scottish or Welsh team versus an Irish or Northern Irish team. - Similar to the Charity Shield.

Causeway Challenge Cup – Lower divisions knockout cup – Teams from the 5th, 6th, and 7th tier play in a cup. Possibly
worth some important money?

## Cup Notes ##

The team requirements for who you play in cup games is meant to be slightly testing outside of the Ardbeg Cup.
There are requirements to play young players in the secondary trophies.
Also be aware substitution rules may change as the competition advances, at least as it gets late and down to business.

#Youth Leagues – Reserves ###

There’s an active Youth League for every team in the database. This is why you see it listed in the database setup.
It basically means it’s a “competitive” league (although you can’t manage in it, or at least I haven’t tried.) Promotion and
relegation in each, plus you’ll get money to actually cover the cost.
A significant amount of money.

There’s a Youth FA Cup as well.

The top two tiers should have an automatic reserves competition. This isn’t competitive and there’s no money for it.
Lower down the league teams may have reserve teams but no competition is generated for them.

### Setup Notes ###

Choose the Celtic Nations Championship for the earliest start date in the season. The Paddy Power Premiership starts
a week later, all the leagues below should be at the same time, at least for pre-season training.

### Designer Notes ###

The league is intended to be an English language rival to the Premiership/English system.
Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales all joining Ireland in a Celtic Nations system.
The money is just a little bit better than the Portuguese league, but it’s well spread out across the tiers,
meaning you should have plenty of advancement.

The test in the league comes from playing within “one nation.” And whether a single system can support this many teams.

### Easy Mode/Hard Mode ###

The way the leagues are balanced there's pretty much at least one club from each nation in the higher divisions,
at least outside the top division. This means putting teams that aren’t good enough to compete higher up, although a human
manager can cope. Similarly, I spread teams across lower divisions as well so some teams might be a little better than the league
they’re in. At least outside of Republic of Ireland teams which have the fewest amount of teams in the database.

### What Team to Pick (Remember, all in the "Irish" system.) ###

#Scottish Teams – Probably the easiest to play with
#Irish Teams – A mixed bag but should be able to compete in most of the leagues they’re in.
#Northern Irish Teams – Another mixed bag. There’s more NI teams than Irish teams so they’re spread a little better, but
their quality isn’t as good.
#Welsh Teams – The hard mode. Making up most of the lower level teams and expecting to get relegated from the higher
divisions.
#Formerly "English" Teams - Could very well steamroll the leagues with an OK human manager.
Good luck! Be sure to update me on how it's going on the Something Awful forums - Sports Argument Stadium - The Armchair Quarterback

-----------------------------

Edit: To answer your question specifically, about how the teams are placed. I loaded up the teams in the seven tiers according to club reputation and making some decisions about national balance, with every nation represented across tiers. The league system was played out three or so times, for five years in game, and teams given a point balance based on where they were in the total system. I played it again, another two times, on full detail, once with every home nation, and once with a lot of worldwide nations, everything simmed for five years, gave a greater weight to that. I then readjusted the leagues based on positions with some reference to national respect. I played it out a last time, with the updated leagues, to see if there were any stand-outs. The Welsh still did poorly. Celtic still won most things. So I put that in as the setup.

With the request to add Wrexham I added the two other Welsh teams playing in England (that I know of,) Swansea and Cariff, along with a new Irish team, Kerry. As Championship teams they went straight into the top division, where they can definitely compete, although money might become an issue long-term. Wrexham were added in the third tier, where they're expected to dominate, and immediately win promotion in their first year. I didn't want to sacrifice some of the few Welsh teams higher up, as they should get some money to build from being in a higher league.

Overall it's a fairly balanced system, money wise. No-one will ever be competing with the top European leagues from their top division money, but equally the lower tier teams should be able to improve because they do get money. Whether this works is a question I don't know. Do people want a top division that gives ridiculous money once you're there, and imbalances a pyramid? Or do they want an equitable system where all teams can improve at a similar rate outside of the top division? The teams should all improve as a "rising tide lifts all..." but there's no holy grail of money.

Mrenda fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 26, 2023

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

who are the top flight teams when you start?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

who are the top flight teams when you start?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

10/10 would promote Wrexham in this beautiful Frankenstein league again

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Sub Rosa posted:

10/10 would promote Wrexham in this beautiful Frankenstein league again

Yes haha yess

Let me know how you get on next season? My tests have Wrexham coming mid-table in the first year up in the Jameson Championship, getting playoff spots the next 3 years, but never getting promoted. A bit of luck could see you promoted again soonish.

I think adding Swansea and Cardiff has added some real competition in the top tier though. It could be tough to stay up there, and even tougher to qualify for Europe. And in all my tests, with or without Swansea, etc. I can count on one hand the number of times Celtic didn't win it all.

Mrenda fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 28, 2023

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

This is some shameful Newport County erasure and I for one will not stand for it.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Moktaro posted:

This is some shameful Newport County erasure and I for one will not stand for it.

Chuck in Merthyr too and you’ve got all the welsh teams playing in the English system. Could always boot TNS the other way for parity.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
gently caress off Wales. Stop making clubs up.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Answers Me posted:

Chuck in Merthyr too and you’ve got all the welsh teams playing in the English system. Could always boot TNS the other way for parity.

Eh, just promote somebody to the "premier" so it's not an odd number of teams, bing bong done.

Mrenda posted:

gently caress off Wales. Stop making clubs up.

Milton Keynes isn't in Wales!

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I tried adding Newport. There's something funky happening with the Papa John's Trophy, so it looks like they'll be staying in the English leagues.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
With the changes to my Celtic Nations database I started again and took over Cork City, beginning in the third tier (Kerrygold League 1.) For once, when I took over a team, there were obvious areas that needed improving or, at the least, were lacking. Mainly it was that we had an abundance of defensive players, some strikers, and some midfielders, but outside of striker and defence there was no depth. Not in a, "There's no quality there," more, "There isn't anyone there." That meant I could move straight away to improve the team.

However, I decided instead of bringing players in to play my tried and trusted tactics I'd try a new tactic. I went for a 5atb with the depth in defence, with two strikers and an AMC with the bit of depth up front. Then I brought in loans in to round out the team. The loans are something I'm actually happy that works. Previously in Ireland it was very difficult to get loans in, either due to rep but more likely due to the summer season not coinciding with needs of the loaning teams. Anyway, I got some loans in, and had a pretty decent team. The season preview predicted us to come mid-table before the loans and to get sixth after they came in.

The tactic didn't work too well with friendlies, and I made adjustments based on the news that was coming out of the friendlies (gently caress managing friendlies, my rear end man can do that.) By our first game the tactic was mostly bedded in, and then it was just a few refinements over the opening few games. We went on to do very well. By the final third of the season we were 12 points ahead. Then we bottled it. Maybe it's because of the lack of team leaders, maybe it's because I relied on loans, maybe it was just the player personalities. With two games left in the season it was nigh on impossible to win despite leading clearly at one point. The hope was to just get automatic promotion, and not have to go through playoffs because my team wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of that. We did pull out the final two games to just about secure automatic promotion. So it was onwards and upwards, to tier 2 and the Jameson Championship, with a big boost in wage budget and a hefty transfer budget. The chairman was actually spending, which is a first for me in this FM, but it came with high expectations once that money was spent.

I didn't manage to get in the upgrades in strikers I wanted, but I did manage to get in some loans there. And another halfway through the season when the second of the two turned out to be a dud from an English Premiership reserve team. I wasn't planning on upgrading the defence but there were some too-good-to-be-true defenders that came to my scouts. I splurged, and took on some extra bodies in midfield, including one very good AMC. This time I had a backbone of a team, and was turning to loans for depth outside of the striker positions. Especially at wingbacks and in midfield. Thing was, a very good midfielder came in on loan, starting most of the games for me that season. We were predicted to come third overall in the league with the final squad. We managed to get first, by quite a way. Not utter dominance but a clear lead. We also had a nice cup run, winning the Island Cup/Kingspan Cup (Cup between all the Irish teams) and getting to the quarter finals of our FA Cup equivalent.

The cup run balanced out our finances, meaning we were never too far in debt. Unfortunately the increased attendences didn't really result in increased money. I think SI has been too heavy on the balancing of that with the counter of "Matchday Expenses" taking off far too much from what should be profit. Still, we got first. And we're onto the Paddy Power Premiership. I immediately made some signings with my new budget, but I probably should have waited a little as our scouting budget went up to Europe-wide before the end of May. If I'd held off we might have had info on a few more prospects, but I wouldn't have full knowledge of them not having scouted them.

One challenge of the Irish save, especially lower down the leagues, is that the teams are rather incestuous. You're often poaching players off teams that went down, or taking them off the better teams that didn't go up when you did. The decreased scouting range available to the lower elements of the league means you're reliant on a small enough pool of players, and it's only towards the top of the tiers that players are brought into it. Still, with the better loans system it is possible to just pick good looking players out of the Premier League and Championship that are available to you, despite maybe not full knowledge.

I have some good younger players now, mostly players the AI Didn't rate. Not wonderkid 16 year olds, but 20 year olds who have the potential to hold their own. I just have to figure out how to get them gametime in successful games, without throwing away the few valuable wins we need agains the weaker teams in the top tier. Or else I loan them out, but if I have another cup run I'll need them, so that's a decision to make.

Anyway, now I have to stay up in the top tier. A tough ask, with some very strong teams (relatively) that have been up there for two seasons now. How have those teams been doing in the top tier, I hear you ask. Well, Celtic have dominated. Two league wins from two. Cardiff came third last season and second this season. And both former Championship teams have European football next year. It seems the decision to switch allegiance from the English to Celtic Nations FA worked out for them, even if the total cash upside isn't there from a possible Premier League run.

Here's the top table from this season.

For fans of our lovable Hollywood rogues Wrexham have yet to get out of Tier 3 despite being predicted to come top for two years. They were mid-playoff places last year, failing to win their semi-final, and this year they didn't even qualify for the playoffs.

Overall the database seems to be working well, at least in the two tiers I've played in. The money is balanced where you can push your spending and make a run for promotion, but you could very well suffer if you miss out. This means the infrastructure improvements I thought would be prevelant aren't as obvious, at least not in my team. Now I get to see how the top tier plays out with me in it, something I've not done with any version of this DB so far. I think it could very well be a case of stabilising, hopefully staying up, scouting Eastern Europe for young talent, and maybe improving our infrastructure until we're ready to take on the really big boys in the top half of the league.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

irish league in the mud

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
Kind of getting back into the game, still on FM22.

Holidayed forward about 20 years before starting a journeyman save.

Ended up taking over Blackpool in the Vanarama National, bottom of the league after 20 games, 10 points deducted after going into administration.

Narrowly missed out on the playoffs at the end of the first season in charge.

Second season, thanks to a couple of really good loanees we got a points total that in 9 of the 10 previous seasons would have sent us up as champions, instead we lost the play-off final on penalties. We started pretty well and were fairly consistently good, but had a bit of a wobble halfway through the season where we got a lot of draws in a row.

Third season, we were great from start to finish, but loving hell we could not shake off Port Vale in second place, they had an unbelievable season - including beating us home and away. They smashed the 40 year points record for the league and still finished second. Lucky for them they won the playoffs (we also went on to beat them in the FA Trophy final on penalties to add insult to injury).

111 points for second place :eyepop:

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

my points record in a 38 game season is 106. that year PSG came second with 103

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

yugioh mishima posted:

my points record in a 38 game season is 106. that year PSG came second with 103

Mine is 100: 31-7-0 with Chelsea. We were 19-0-0 at home.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

MK Dons about where they belong, finally. :twisted:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Well it took me 29 years, but I finally managed to get Newmarket Town promoted to the Premier League! Had a bit of a hiccup late to lose top spot then switched from 4-2-4 to 4-1-1-4 and got enough results to finish 2nd. Next season is definitely gonna be tough.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
The hardest thing with a small team in the premiership is you tend to have a league 1 / lower championship reputation still.

I took Dulwich up to the premiership, finished 13th and I'm still 42nd highest rep team in England.

I'm hoping a few more seasons will help it rocket up.

We're also getting a tiny fraction of the commercial money any other team brings in too.

My big, probably won't achieve goal is to qualify for some kind of Europe this year. We're bouncing between 4th and 8th in January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

JustJeff88 posted:

Mine is 100: 31-7-0 with Chelsea. We were 19-0-0 at home.

Mine is 101

We came second.