Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mickolution posted:

What's a good site for skins?

This is where I usually look:
https://www.fmscout.com/c-fm21-skins.html

Why, I don't know, I always just use TCS
https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/542128-fm21skin-tcs-2021/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mr.PayDay posted:

The amount of divas and omnipresent team dynamics with their emotions feels “forced” at some points.

Nah it's absolutely realistic. Every club irl has pissed off players thinking they deserve more time. The tantrums start way earlier than you'd expect for young players as well. Swansea had a few (who have since gone on to bigger things) who were on the verge of mutiny a year before we got relegated, when most fans had never even heard of them.

It's a short career and few want to hang around as squad depth even at an overachieving side. Confidence in ability and determination to succeed are extremely common traits at the professional level, and cut both ways. A manager is a babysitter and sometimes they only thing to do is sell the weaker babies off if they won't stop crying.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
The only time it really pisses me off is when my star players start bitching that I've been leaving them out of league cup, champions League qualifiers and games against bottom half premiership teams when we have 3 games in a week. I wish there was a way of telling them "look, I rotated 10-11 players there. It wasn't a reflection on how good or valuable you are, it was to make sure you don't literally break."

It'd be nice if they could tell when you effectively switch to a complete second team for a game and not be as upset that they didn't play.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Steve Cooper said Connor Roberts played our FA cup game against Forest the other day because "he gets upset if I leave him out".

Star players expect to play every time they're available, which can cause issues with FM21's extra congestion but is still pretty realistic imo. Bruno Fernandes has been playing every dead rubber at Man Utd since he arrived.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The whole mentality that is usually required to be a football star is so foreign to me. My feeling is why wouldn't I be happy to merely go on as a 70th minute substitute rather than play the whole grueling 90+ minutes if it pays the same? An athlete's body is literally his livelihood, you'd think he could appreciate the need for rest to keep it performing its best.

I get that appearance fees are a thing too but if I were running a big club I would sometimes rather just pay the full appearance fee anyway to give a star a rest in a match we're going to win anyway or that doesn't matter, if the money were all it was about.

subject-change edit: am I the only one who reacts to giving up a 91st minute goal to blow a clean sheet and win 3-1 instead of 3-0 with "hey thanks guys, you just saved me a bunch of money in clean sheet bonuses!" I wish that were a postgame team talk option.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It would probably just end up unsettling the whole team

Time to make a "Extra time and I've got the lead 0-2-5-3 tactic"

Azhais fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 6, 2021

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Well yeah, being a sarcastic bastard is #1,933 on the list of reasons why I would be a disaster as an actual football manager.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Eric the Mauve posted:

The whole mentality that is usually required to be a football star is so foreign to me. My feeling is why wouldn't I be happy to merely go on as a 70th minute substitute rather than play the whole grueling 90+ minutes if it pays the same? An athlete's body is literally his livelihood, you'd think he could appreciate the need for rest to keep it performing its best.

I get that appearance fees are a thing too but if I were running a big club I would sometimes rather just pay the full appearance fee anyway to give a star a rest in a match we're going to win anyway or that doesn't matter, if the money were all it was about.

subject-change edit: am I the only one who reacts to giving up a 91st minute goal to blow a clean sheet and win 3-1 instead of 3-0 with "hey thanks guys, you just saved me a bunch of money in clean sheet bonuses!" I wish that were a postgame team talk option.

As someone who used to play too much, frankly, in organised local leagues, I do see both sides of it. I personally arrived at the point where my body was breaking down because I was playing too much, and I had to dial it back. It wasn't just aches and pains; I genuinely started to look as if I had been beaten up and this is in utterly casual, not even semi-pro organised play. I wanted to play, my teammates needed me, I wanted to help them win and I didn't want to admit that I was beat to piss, so I carried on.

I used to play a catcher in baseball and that was similar as it is the most physically demanding position apart from perhaps starting pitcher. Catchers always have to take more days off than other non-pitchers. A big part of the problem is thus: of the following five popular team sports (baseball, association football, ice hockey, gridiron football and basketball), the latter three all have free substitution rules while baseball and association football, especially the latter, are very restricted. Baseball has no limit on substitutions (pitcher changes happen 3-6 times per match) but a player that leaves cannot return. Half a team is pitchers and there are generally only about 12 non-pitchers for 8 spots. Football has a long amount of match time, only three replacements and that's it. Basketball is free substitutions so long as the clock is stopped while ice hockey rotates "lines" every minute of live play or so. Gridiron football is a horrid mess of roided-up juggernauts who give each other crippling injuries to the body and brain, but there's 30 seconds off between each play and players are constantly streaming in and out. No offence to rugby or cricket etc, but I know very little about those sports.

I think that association football would be much better with more flexible and dynamic sub rules, but I know how the purists are. It would definitely help keep players fresh, though.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

In gridiron football it's a lot more than just 30 seconds between plays. There are 3+ minute TV timeouts constantly. Besides the three between-quarter breaks, you also have a "two minute warning" just before halftime and fulltime, a TV timeout after every scoring play (varies but on average about 7-8 per game), each team gets six timeouts per game, and a couple times per game there will be replay reviews that last several minutes.

And that's how you take over 3 hours to get through 60 minutes of game clock.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Eric the Mauve posted:

In gridiron football it's a lot more than just 30 seconds between plays. There are 3+ minute TV timeouts constantly. Besides the three between-quarter breaks, you also have a "two minute warning" just before halftime and fulltime, a TV timeout after every scoring play (varies but on average about 7-8 per game), each team gets six timeouts per game, and a couple times per game there will be replay reviews that last several minutes.

That said, it also adds the tactical layer of the offense trying to keep the "wrong" defense on the field by playing a style that doesn't allow the opponents time to properly swap out their subs, so it still has that interaction akin to lines in hockey. Also, I'm not sure if you're allowed to sub players during TV timeout if it's not one caused specifically by team-charged timeout. :thunk:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Eric the Mauve posted:

I had forgotten about that; you are correct. I find gridiron (as Aussies call it) abhorrent because of the hellishly high rate of brain injury, but it's interesting tactically and I will put the former aside for the sake of discussion. People enjoy what they enjoy and, again putting aside the brutal nature of gridiron, but people who try to say "soccer is boring and slow" in defence of gridiron is patently false for the reasons that you described. I like baseball, but it's a very slow part. Thing is, baseball fans don't try to deny that. Gridiron fans, who are 99% American, try to deny that in the face of genuine football where it is 90+ minutes of nonstop movement with very few breaks. For those of you who don't know, a lot of major US universities are basically exploited amateur sporting academies for gridiron and/or basketball. A professor at one if the biggest went to a home match and timed it with a stopwatch, starting and stopping it when the play began and ending at he whistle. The match took over three hours; I believe that he recorded just over 14 minutes of actual play.

Zaodai posted:

That said, it also adds the tactical layer of the offense trying to keep the "wrong" defense on the field by playing a style that doesn't allow the opponents time to properly swap out their subs, so it still has that interaction akin to lines in hockey. Also, I'm not sure if you're allowed to sub players during TV timeout if it's not one caused specifically by team-charged timeout. :thunk:

Unless I am grossly mistaken, in gridiron substitutions are freely allowed so long as play is dead. I don't know what I would do exactly about football sub rules, but I would definitely make them more flexible, especially for matches that go into extra time.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

JustJeff88 posted:

Unless I am grossly mistaken, in gridiron substitutions are freely allowed so long as play is dead. I don't know what I would do exactly about football sub rules, but I would definitely make them more flexible, especially for matches that go into extra time.

"Play is dead" is not static. There are a set number of TV breaks per quarter negotiated into the TV contract. If stuff is really rolling and nobody takes a timeout, you still have to stop for commercials but you don't want to have TV viewers miss play. Usually this isn't an issue, because you'll have a penalty or someone will score, or there will be a turnover or something. But in the event it doesn't, then you can have a ref mandated stoppage that is strictly for the benefit of TV. Obviously the timer isn't running this but if I recall, play isn't truly "dead". Also in the event of defensive penalties in certain situations the defense can't swap to prevent an abuse where you intentionally take a penalty because eating the yardage is less painful to you than having the wrong personnel on the field and thus using the penalty as a makeshift timeout.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Zaodai posted:

"Play is dead" is not static. There are a set number of TV breaks per quarter negotiated into the TV contract. If stuff is really rolling and nobody takes a timeout, you still have to stop for commercials but you don't want to have TV viewers miss play. Usually this isn't an issue, because you'll have a penalty or someone will score, or there will be a turnover or something. But in the event it doesn't, then you can have a ref mandated stoppage that is strictly for the benefit of TV. Obviously the timer isn't running this but if I recall, play isn't truly "dead". Also in the event of defensive penalties in certain situations the defense can't swap to prevent an abuse where you intentionally take a penalty because eating the yardage is less painful to you than having the wrong personnel on the field and thus using the penalty as a makeshift timeout.

Interesting. I assumed that, during TV breaks (which I did know about), players took a drink of Gatorade, had a chat and everyone was able to make any replacements desired.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

JustJeff88 posted:

Interesting. I assumed that, during TV breaks (which I did know about), players took a drink of Gatorade, had a chat and everyone was able to make any replacements desired.

I think it's everything but that last part of it's a TV-mandated non-dead-ball stoppage. Coaches/assistants can come on the field and stuff.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Thanks.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Are you guys nomads and try to work for other clubs and try to have success in other leagues or do you prefer the Guy Roux, Ferguson and Wenger way to manage a team for a decade or even decades?

I guess building long term success with a Club is fun and requires to be committed to the boards demands, and at a certain point the forums tell me you are simply farming Champions League titles and accolades and it’s too easy, is that right?

Trying to win the CL and switch to Flamengo to win the Brazilian Copa seems more „exiting“ as a challenge?

Do you enjoy or ignore additional jobs as a national coach?

What’s your longest career save by the wayI am curious as well.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

sassassin posted:

Nah it's absolutely realistic.

I guess that’s what annoys me. It’s like watching soccer Reddit and the escapades of Dembele and the whining of spoiled brats like Halilovic who could not make HSV 1st Team but drove with his Ferrari to every training session and demanded star status and playtime.

It annoys me IRL and haunts me in a computer game lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mr.PayDay posted:

Are you guys nomads and try to work for other clubs and try to have success in other leagues or do you prefer the Guy Roux, Ferguson and Wenger way to manage a team for a decade or even decades?

I guess building long term success with a Club is fun and requires to be committed to the boards demands, and at a certain point the forums tell me you are simply farming Champions League titles and accolades and it’s too easy, is that right?

Trying to win the CL and switch to Flamengo to win the Brazilian Copa seems more „exiting“ as a challenge?

Do you enjoy or ignore additional jobs as a national coach?

What’s your longest career save by the wayI am curious as well.

I got to 2046 in FM18 before I lost interest and took a 2 month hiatus from FM before getting sucked in again. I just pulled that save up, career trajectory (started unemployed) was:

2019 - 2021 Scunthorpe (promoted from League 2, then midtable in League 1)
2022 - 2024 Cagliari (promoted from Serie B then won a miracle Serie A title)
2025 - 2030 Tottenham (almost got sacked in '26 but won two PL titles, two FA Cups and a CL title)
(I was randomly offered the Spain job in 2028 and won the World Cup in 2030, then resigned because international management sucks)
2031 - 2040 Notts County (I set myself as unsackable and pretended I bought the club, in League 1 at the time; reached the PL in 2034 and did the treble in 2039, then sold the club for like £1.2 billion :smug:)
2041 - 2046 Marseille (just kind of letting my rear end man run everything by this point, won a couple Ligue 1 titles)

Save/load times are dramatically longer when you're 30 years in than when you start. Like probably 5x longer or more.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I may have relayed this story before, but I played low legal amateur baseball and if I was told they were rotating the squad and I wasn't playing on the weekend I'd get hella pissed.

This is something I did for free, recreationally. And I was bad at it.

So I can totally understand a pro who gets paid and is actually good not taking it well.

Edit I also understood team talks after our manager said "well these guys are the best so we're going to lose pressure off do your thing" it then started raining and we won a super scrapy game and we felt like utter gods after and our manager told us we did good.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 7, 2021

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

algebra testes posted:

I may have relayed this story before, but I played low legal amateur baseball and if I was told they were rotating the squad and I wasn't playing on the weekend I'd get hella pissed.

So I can totally understand a pro who gets paid and is actually good not taking it well.

Edit I also understood team talks after our manager said "well these guys are the best so we're going to lose pressure off do your thing" it then started raining and we won a super scrapy game and we felt like utter gods after and our manager told us we did good.

I never had that issue because so few people knew how to catch, but I see your point. I can see a baseballer who plays a 162-game season taking a day off with grace, but if one only plays on the weekend then I can see that. Having said all of the previous, I have no patience for overpaid primadonnas.

To add a lighter note, during my period of playing too much football, I do remember when the local huge university let us start using their perfect artificial pitch. That was all my birthdays rolled into one because my legs were nothing but scars from sliding on badly-maintained pitches.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

JustJeff88 posted:

People enjoy what they enjoy and, again putting aside the brutal nature of gridiron, but people who try to say "soccer is boring and slow" in defense of gridiron is patently false for the reasons that you described. I like baseball, but it's a very slow part. Thing is, baseball fans don't try to deny that. Gridiron fans, who are 99% American, try to deny that in the face of genuine football where it is 90+ minutes of nonstop movement with very few breaks.

First I love both sports, and gridiron needs to change for the health of the players.

Second, it is comparing apples to oranges IMO.

But I think (or maybe it is just me) what most gridiron fans are trying to articulate is that while Football is 90+ min of near consent motion and all around athleticism, each gridiron play (avg 160 per game) is 11 huge men running full speed at each other with reckless abandon for their own health. Every play is full speed, because of the enormous downtime between plays (and the armor worn).

The intensity of these plays versus usually more deliberate pace of football is notable. Watching live NFL near the field at full speed is frighting. It says something about the American psyche IMO.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

:frogsiren: Shameless self-promotion post incoming :frogsiren:

Some of you may have played in previous Xpert Eleven goon leagues. If you haven't heard of Xpert Eleven, it's kind of like baby's first simple Football Manager, but multiplayer and done via the web.

I'm reaching out as we are starting a new league and we've had plenty of crossover from FM players in the past. More info here if you're interested:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3956892&pagenumber=1#lastpost

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

ScottyJSno posted:

First I love both sports, and gridiron needs to change for the health of the players.

Second, it is comparing apples to oranges IMO.

But I think (or maybe it is just me) what most gridiron fans are trying to articulate is that while Football is 90+ min of near consent motion and all around athleticism, each gridiron play (avg 160 per game) is 11 huge men running full speed at each other with reckless abandon for their own health. Every play is full speed, because of the enormous downtime between plays (and the armor worn).

The intensity of these plays versus usually more deliberate pace of football is notable. Watching live NFL near the field at full speed is frighting. It says something about the American psyche IMO.

I agree that it does say something frightening about the American psyche. I've lived in the US too long, and it's a horrifically violent culture. I cannot think of another team sport where violence is more inherent to the sport rather than an aberration that is not truly part of the game. Combined with the fact that it's very much an American game, as no other country really gives a gently caress about it, and that the US is a culture that worships its own farts, I'm not surprised it's so popular.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
So are we thinking FM21 is a big enough improvement over 20 to pick it up or is this one skip worthy? Steam reviews seem divided and unhelpful.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m still on FM19, 20 seemed actively worse so I never picked it up but I might give 21 a go if it’s cheap enough on a steam sale

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Well I just picked it up from https://sortitoutsi.net/ since I remembered I have a premium membership with them (which is about to expire so lucky timing) and right now they're running a special sale until March 1st, which combo'd with the premium membership discount means its... 44% off, so I've now got FM21 for only $30.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
FM20 was awful. FM21 is good last I checked. Winter transfer update should be out very soon (if it's not already).

That said there'll be a second winter update to tie in with the Chinese and Russian transfer windows closing at the end of the month.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

algebra testes posted:

When I was a lot younger I played amateur rugby for my local city club and it was a similar story. I was good enough to start most games and any time I didn't start I was super annoyed and just wanted to get in the game and prove I was good enough to start next time. I can imagine pro athletes who don't play every game being just like that, only more so.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I was so pleased when FM20 was free on Epic, and now I don't want to play it because it's clearly tat compared to 21. The only other FM that I own is '16, on Steam.

vyelkin posted:

When I was a lot younger I played amateur rugby for my local city club and it was a similar story. I was good enough to start most games and any time I didn't start I was super annoyed and just wanted to get in the game and prove I was good enough to start next time. I can imagine pro athletes who don't play every game being just like that, only more so.

I absolutely get it. I only really played two team sports a great deal: football and baseball. In the former case, I was a keeper because nobody else wants to play keeper and I was horrid at any other position but amazingly good between the posts. Keepers can play virtually every match professionally because it doesn't require running 10 km a go, but I played too much and wore my body down because I was 'gifted' at a position that nobody else wanted to play, so everybody asked me to play. Obviously that's an extreme case, and a top-flight club keeper takes very few matches off.

In the case of baseball, I was a catcher/reçeveur, which is another highly specialised position but one that is brutal on the body, especially the knees. Again, I was shite at every other position other than occasional pitching (I had a very strong arm), few people wanted to play behind the plate (hot, demanding, hard on the body, have to wear armour all the time etc) and fewer could do it well. Once again, a lot of people wanted me to play for them, but I knew that I had to rest more for my own sake. Even younger pro catchers take off 20-25 games per year, but it still rankles an athlete to have to sit since sporting careers are short. That said, the manager has to think of the team, not just the player himself, so he has to do what he has to do.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Of note to anyone unfamiliar is that pro baseball players play games every day. Not quite literally, they'll get two or three days off in a month. But when he says a top pro catcher gets 20-25 games off per year, that means he is catching about 135 games in six months.

I have no idea how the hell they do it. It's brutal.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
my favourite baseball thing I use to shock non-baseball fans is Cal Ripken Jr's games played streak

the Premier League record for consecutive games started by an outfield player is held by Frank Lampard with 164

well football is a much more demanding sport than baseball, you say, and that's fair enough, so let's include goalkeepers - the record there is 310 games, held by Brad Friedel

Cal Ripken played, consecutively, 2632 games

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Eric the Mauve posted:

Of note to anyone unfamiliar is that pro baseball players play games every day. Not quite literally, they'll get two or three days off in a month. But when he says a top pro catcher gets 20-25 games off per year, that means he is catching about 135 games in six months.

I have no idea how the hell they do it. It's brutal.

Absolutely correct - thank you for quantifying this and it is brutal. It will never happen because $$$$, but I wish that they would go back to the post-war schedule of 144 games instead of 162. That would add about three off days per month, which is a big deal.

Julio Cruz posted:

my favourite baseball thing I use to shock non-baseball fans is Cal Ripken Jr's games played streak

the Premier League record for consecutive games started by an outfield player is held by Frank Lampard with 164

well football is a much more demanding sport than baseball, you say, and that's fair enough, so let's include goalkeepers - the record there is 310 games, held by Brad Friedel

Cal Ripken played, consecutively, 2632 games

Also very good numbers. I new about Ripken, but I used to be a Chelsea fan and I had forgotten about Frank. He was a loving iron-man. I remember that in the early PES games he was one of very few players rated 8 out of 8 for endurance. Keep in mind, though, that that only includes Premier League matches and not necessary cups, European competition etc

I would also point out that Cal did all of that while playing shortstop and third base. The former, especially, is a position that requires fast reflexes and range. First base is by far the easiest position in baseball to play, and usually the worst defenders are put there, but shortstop is no joke and it makes that feat even more ridiculous. Keep in mind that a pro baseball season is 162 games spread over six months, barring post-season, and that mid-game substitutions of non-pitchers are very rare due to small roster sizes. Cal played from 30 May 1982 to 19 September 1998 without missing a single game. There were a few strike-shortened seasons in there, but that was about 60 games lost total. He literally did not miss a match for 16 seasons.

Edit: I just wanted to add that the consecutive games at catcher streak is 312, and the most games caught in a career is 2,472

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 21, 2021

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Cal was not only a loving beast but a quality human. All sports need more Cal Ripkens and fewer Billy Ripkens.

Ok. Maybe a few Billys would be OK.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Preseason was awful and my star player led a revolt when he wasn't allowed to leave for France for a pittance, so there was no way I wasn't winning my first game of the season 5-1 away.

You know your tactic is solid when the poacher gets all 5 goals.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

You know your poacher passed his Consistency check for once in his life when he gets 5 goals.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

If you're sick in the head like me and like to play decades-long saves, and you get tired of every star regen being named Lee Davies or Tom Williams (or other cultures' equivalents) the Real Names section of this site for D&D nerds is really handy.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
FYI FM21 is being added to GamePass tomorrow, both the normal version and the XBox console version that I've never tried.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I won the Champions League last season, and this season the bookies are making us 150-1 to win it again.
Uh-huh. If you say so.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kingturnip posted:

I won the Champions League last season, and this season the bookies are making us 150-1 to win it again.
Uh-huh. If you say so.

Obviously the bookies have taken big money against you, maybe from some definitely not mad oil barons, and can afford to offer such generous rates to punters.

SI love bookies odds and use them in the research process, which annoys me because they're obviously not an objective measure of player/squad/manager quality. They're designed to make the companies the most money, not be the most accurate predictors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

In the PL season I just started, my 21 year old striker was rated at 100-to-1 to win the Player of the Year.

Which he won last year.