Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

So from what I'm reading, don't buy this at 50% off right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Buy this game at 50% off?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Oh no.

I meant should I buy this game at 50% off?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Picked out this beast of a young LB to be with my team as I jump up the leagues (I'm Eastleigh start in Vanrama Nation League) and he's just killing it.

We're in Sky Bet League 2 now, leading the league and people keep offering to buy him. I keep rejecting but then my board goes over my head and sells the loving kid for a potential 700k to Leicester.

The kid went from assist leader in Sky Bet League 2 average rating of 7.40+ to Leicester U23s average rating 6.4.

Fuckers!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Brexit just hosed me. Two up and coming stars were in contract renewals and they didn't get work permits.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Mickolution posted:

If you get the editor, you can add secondary nationalities. It's cheating, but Brexit was a joke in my last save, couldn't sign anyone.

I'm definitely going to. gently caress Miles. You're not stopping Eastleigh from getting promoted to the premier league.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

how quickly we forget

Best possible sponsor too.
Choice cropping on the photo.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

2018 on sale.

Buy at 25% Off?

Is the match engine any better than fm2017?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Huh,

Didn't expect these results:

2010 - 48
2011 - 554
2012 - 431
2013 - 206
2014 - 190
2016 - 63
2017 - 108

Been thinking about picking up 2018 on sale, but it's looking like it's not all that different from 2017 at all.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

People with high hour counts: How do you play? Is it playing every single game? Do you vacation alot in game?
Lower League to excellence? etc etc

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I demand nothing but C l a s s i n e s s from my players. I don't care if I lose games because my best player is in the reserves. You weren't classy enough for me.

No one is bigger than the club! Fight on mighty Marine AFCs !

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Bogan Krkic posted:

I spent like 3 seasons just telling world class players to harden up and it worked and then all of a sudden this season they're all getting mad and not listening when I tell them to shut up. Admittedly my squad is massive, there's 5 or 6 players complaining about not getting enough game time, but if I sell any of them the rest of the team get up in arms about us selling a 'crucial first team player' ffs

Nuke the team - Use up all your wage budgets and give HORRIBLE contracts and then just loving bounce.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

If there was a company that could do it - it would be SI.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

FM2020 is free on Epic right now.

Now I can unsub from Xbox Game Pass and just play it on Epic

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Maybe I can take control of my wingers and have them loving SQUARE THE BALL TO THE OPEN PLAYER INSTEAD OF SHOOT AND MISS SHORT SIDE

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

vyelkin posted:

My favourite was that guy who made the Millwall Murderers team, and when his keeper scored a goal from a free kick he praised the player only to be told "yeah gently caress off I've scored better goals than that"

Rodrigo Ceni is somewhere smiling reading this

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

New Feature:

Lay off your Mascot and support staff!

Beg your players to take a pay cut!

Get embarrassed by your 29 year old "star player" rotting in the reserves as he financially owns you by paying for your recently scorned mascot!

Try to take over the league with your choice of heated rival!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

brb lazily modeling my players shooting into the side net instead of squaring it to the striker with 20 finishing 20 technique and 20 off the ball

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Is there any word if 2021 will also launch on GamePass or will it take a few months for it to come out on there?

I'm guaranteeing they're waiting on pre-orders to kind of come in before they make that announcement. So probably wait until the end of the beta or Release date.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Ragingsheep posted:

Is this coming out on Gamepass for PC?

I think they'll announce that after the beta/release. If they announce it now it'll eat up a bunch of sales

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

FM Genie Scout is my favorite Judging Player Ability 20 | Judging Player Potential 20 scout on my staff.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I dunno if it's in FM21 but from like FM18->FM20 or so you would maybe find one or two RB/LB with crossing over 14 with pace over 12.

It was either a bunch of fullbacks with the pace of a snail and defending 18 or wingbacks with the pace of a mad cheetah with the technical of a Sunday League hungover duck

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

One thing I seem to be seeing a lot of in this version, at least among American newgens, is that if they'll have good physical attributes they'll check in with a Stamina of about 5.

too many hamburgers :hampants:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Is there a centre mid only-presses no playmaking ever short passes only role in FM2021? Cause he could probably do that to a tee

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I just want to say - it's refreshing to see a centre mid/attacking mid/winger regen become afflicted with the Useless trait that afflicts 80% of Fullbacks and Wingbacks in 5+ Year saves.

You know the ones, 17s in speed but 7s in techniques like technique, crossing, and dribbling or the ones with 18 crossing, 17 corners, and a pace and acceleration of a 1995 renault clio

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

In FM18 I made an Usain Bolt prototype with 20 Pace, 20 Accel, 20 NatFit, like 14 Agility and Balance, 15 Determination, and 1 for everything else, with I think like 13 Consistency. He was pretty good in League One, sucked in the Championship. I should run that test again in the FM21 match engine--I would bet he'll suck anywhere above semipro level.

why bother create a new player when you can just sign adama traoré and run the experiment with him.,

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Mans posted:

I assume they know fighting these things is basically pointless since literally every team and competition could have a fake name, people would just delete the "fake names" file and download a real name mod.

Lawyers needed some extra income during a lull so they chased this probably

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

sassassin posted:

Wide centre backs have now officially been announced as a new role (with attacking duty available). They're unique under the hood as their positional familiarity is tied to two ratings rather than just one, using the avg. of a player's FB & CB values.

Finally Joe Gomez rises from his grave and takes his rightful spot at the throne

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

oh gently caress yeah - i'm doing the double pentagon challenge

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I can't see the ball during corner kicks ever.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Mrenda posted:

The Data Hub makes it a lot easier to see how opponents will perform and how to adjust your own tactics.

I keep reading people saying this but I kind of don't understand it - I know it's asking a lot for an effort post - but how do you make the data hub work for you?
The largest extent of what I get out of it is looking at whether to line up with my 5 3 2 or my 4 3 3 based upon their previous records against those records and whether or not to start the match/come back from halftime either more aggressive or cautiously (momentum graphs)

Is there anything in there deeper than that?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I mean that's the crux of it all - all the FM youtubers were like probably told to shout from the stars that this is amazing look at all it shows us!

Then provide literally no actual examples of how to utilize the data as presented to come up with some conclusions that works in your favour.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I lost my two best youth intakes to contract approaches from other teams because unlike in 2019... that's back in the game? I dunno I thought the DOF was going to sign them and i shouldn't have to worry about it. NOPE.

Oh well doesn't matter. I got Mbappe on a free so what does it matter lmao

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Lot of people saying Klopp and Pep trade jobs which is hilarious

Lot of people saying Arsenal become nearly unstoppable in a lot of games

I'm just here at Millwall trying to make The Den into Camp Den with my gegenpressing vertical tiki taka only with british troglodytes and the board are furious

Too bad it's the only viable tactic style in the game

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

lol Zealand called out SI about lying about the dynamic youth ratings and now SI is pissed off they're getting called out for their overpromising on features.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaklUnCR60M

Drama! In Football Manager!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Dying laughing at the notion of a team winning the champions league a bunch from a non-interested country wouldn't get more invested in football to keep that sweet sweet tourism goin'

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I think SI just extends the life of players now because they can't generate newgens that fit the mold of TAA/Robertson wingbacks

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

im not fully immersed in my spreadsheet game unless there's at least 90-150 clicks inbetween matches in my 9th season just to rotate my squad

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Azhais posted:

Who's got time for that. Assman runs first team games, i just run the recruitment meetings

The only thing stopping the game from having a director of football mode is the rear end manager ai is dumb as poo poo

which is a shame because I'd loving love to just play loan factory 2023 as a DoF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I always found selling players was always so difficult