Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

World Cup has brought me back into playing this game.

I'm wondering if people have thoughts or advice on training. I'm happy to just plug and play what the community things is good, but I'm finding pretty different advice just between the first three sources I found that seemed recommended, which is Zeeland's training schedules, Evidence Based Football Manager's schedule, and ZaZ's schedule.

EBFM's has really a lot of resting but I like that it gets around the limit of two match practices? ZaZ's schedule is packed but he says to set the Rest to no work for all but full green heart condition. Zeeland says full green should be double intensity.

Basically I'm baffled which of these approaches is actually correct.

But I really want to lie to myself about my fresh high potential signing existing in a save I will actually play more than two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

sassassin posted:

They consulted with actual qualified coaches over how to build the training module, so naturally it's flexible rather than something that should be solved with a single plug and play routine.
I appreciate your post. So yeah I hate to hear that because I know if I leave it to my staff it will be poo poo but also I don't want to do anything to solve that besides finding a plug and play drop in. But I guess that leaves plenty of room for the schedules I mentioned all being better than what my staff will do?

sassassin posted:

Training doesn't make a huge difference to the amount players will develop, so it's not worth stressing too much about. Anything you cobble together will be better than what your assistant will do.
I guess yeah this is really what I needed to hear. Thanks.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

10/10 would promote Wrexham in this beautiful Frankenstein league again

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mrenda posted:

Also, I'm hoping to remake my Celtic Nations Custom Database again but actually make it generally available. So if anyone else wants to play around with the latest version for FM23 before FM24 comes out let me know and I'll send it to you. I've gotten some nice comments on it, but there are definitely some changes I'd make.

If this means you have updated it since the version I got, please do send along the update! Happy to hear there will be a FM24 version as well.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

Given that my nana is from North Wales and due to my affection for the Dragons because of the famous LP, I must admit that I smiled when I heard that Wrexham AFC was promoted back into the Football League.

If you don't know, there is a whole TV show called Welcome to Wrexham that is really good