Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who'd you have a beer with?
Trump
Carson
Rand Paul
Fiornia
Cruz
Jeb!
Rubio
Christie
Kasich
Hillary
Bernie
O'Malley
Lessig
View Results

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
GW Bush was elected partially because he was the president "you could have a beer with" and of all the Republican candidates, I think only Jeb comes to that moniker:

- Trump: Dude's a massive billionaire, he wouldn't come close to my peasantry.
- Carson: Neeeeeeerd. Also, holy hell that would be the most low-energy conversation ever.
- Cruz: Would spend the entire conversation avoiding the subject at hand.
- Fiornia: too high class for beer. If I were a middle-class bootstrappin' Republican man, she'd be out of my league.
- Rubio: Stiff, and would prefer non-alcoholic beverages.
- Huckabee: would probably begin ranting about the gays as soon as he had a beer in him.
- Christie: A serious contender. He'd probably complain too much about his fantasy football team's performance, though.

On the other hand, Jeb seems like a decent dude that if you got a few drinks into him, would probably admit he's only running because he wants to keep the family name, and would lay down some truth.

Of the presidential candidates, I think Bernie, Hillary and O'Malley are all viable drinking buddies (provided Hillary brings Bill along).

If you could have a beer with any candidate, who would it be? Bonus question - name the type of beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Lindsey Graham would get super weepy after one beer.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Huckabee obviously. He is already crazy as gently caress, so I can't imagine what opinions he has that he is keeping quiet. A drunk Huckabee would be all "gently caress the blackies, bring back slavery" or something.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Fiorina seems like the kind of woman that has a single glass of white wine and acts like she's getting away with something

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Paper With Lines posted:

Huckabee obviously. He is already crazy as gently caress, so I can't imagine what opinions he has that he is keeping quiet. A drunk Huckabee would be all "gently caress the blackies, bring back slavery" or something.

he doesn't need to be drunk for that

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
hahahaha. See what I mean! I can't even imagine what stuff he has deep down inside that he even thinks "maybe I shouldn't say this out loud."

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
I think Bush won because his opponents campaigning skills were on par with Jeb! But I'd think Donald "The Trump" Trump would be down for a nice hoppy IPA. Bernie seems more like a weed sort of candidate, maybe it would calm him down a bit.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Trump, because I know it would be a classy beer.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Jeb, because afterward I could spit in his face and the little bitch wouldn't do anything about it despite having enough money and connections to effortlessly ruin my life.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Xenophon posted:

Fiorina seems like the kind of woman that has a single glass of white wine and acts like she's getting away with something
uncanny

I think Jeb! would be a sad drunk and a major buzzkill. I think Rubio might be pretty fun, though.

Edit: Also, Trump drinks Miller High Life because the advertising says it's classy

walgreenslatino has issued a correction as of 15:43 on Nov 2, 2015

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Bernie, but only at a hardcore punk show held in a dingy basement bar with $3 beers.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Graham seems like he'd be fun. Also Trump doesn't drink.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Xenophon posted:

Fiorina would have a glass of wine and then later on tell in detail about the IPA she had at that gathering to others.

Gregoriev posted:

Jesus Graham, learn to pour a beer correctly.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lindsey Graham is all head :mmmhmm:

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Graham talks up how his dad used to own a bar, so yeah I bet he can drink his worth pretty good. I bet he can even drive drunk.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gregoriev posted:

W was a recovering alcoholic and still got the "guy you could have a beer with" vote. it was amazing.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
This year's Dems are all terrible for this particular challenge. It's a shame because Obama and Biden are both great picks even if Biden doesn't drink.

Christie or Graham are the best for this. Trump is the world's most surprising teetotaler, Fiorina is terrifying, Jeb seems on the verge of collapse, Cruz would sneak out and leave you with the bill, and Rubio's meh.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

If you bond with Jeb a little bit over a cold one you might manage to score a free Chang sword out of the deal

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Patter Song posted:

This year's Dems are all terrible for this particular challenge. It's a shame because Obama and Biden are both great picks even if Biden doesn't drink.

Christie or Graham are the best for this. Trump is the world's most surprising teetotaler, Fiorina is terrifying, Jeb seems on the verge of collapse, Cruz would sneak out and leave you with the bill, and Rubio's meh.

Joe Biden drinks, just non-alcoholic beer.

Obama's choice of beer is bud light, smdh

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Obama managed to edit the harvard law review without publishing a single article of his own, I wouldn't hold my breath over him giving his real opinions on beer in public

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Since I was informed (future) President Trump doesn't drink, I change my answer to JEB!, I know it would be a really exciting time and maybe he would help me unleash my Chang!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Gregoriev posted:

graham would probably get super maudlin and start talking about how he wants to be remembered or something

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
If Biden were in the race, definitely Biden. Otherwise... Bernie Sanders or maybe, maybe Hillary Clinton. I feel like Clinton would be no fun, but there's an ever so slight chance she'd loosen up after a couple of beers and be a real hoot.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Terry Crews

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Jeb for certain

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Carson because I don't believe he isn't a Robot and watching him drink a beer may short circuit him.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
No one, a beer would be boring, I would consider getting black out drunk with carson tho. He seems like a crazy dude.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

Zombiepop posted:

No one, a beer would be boring, I would consider getting black out drunk with carson tho. He seems like a crazy dude.

Casually bring up the pyramid grain silo hypothesis halfway through the night and use it as a launching point to get to some real off-the-wall theories.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Last night I have a dream that I was at a fancy cocktail hour, and met George W. Bush. I went up to introduce myself, because hey he's a former president, who wouldn't want to meet one? He shook my hand, and I asked him how Jeb was doing, and he took his wine glass and splashed it on me saying to never use politicians for personal gains.

I'm starting to think maybe Jeb isn't the best candidate to get a beer with.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Voted Bernie but only because Lindsey wasn't an option.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Jeb would be such an awkward drunk, I'd totally hang with him to see what TV girl he thinks is hot next.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Jill Stein

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Gregoriev posted:

The contrast between their faces is so stark that my brain won't accept both are real.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
2012 Peta Lindsay :love:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Probably Magic posted:

Jeb would be such an awkward drunk, I'd totally hang with him to see what TV girl he thinks is hot next.

he'd go full homo, bet your rear end

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Webb.

I also think that webb should be the next president. He was *the* 'good guy LT' in vietnam.

Also when he was A.Sec. Def. he looked like a SNL cast member

And now the navy uses his forehead as an aircraft carrier.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Baloogan posted:

Webb.

I also think that webb should be the next president. He was *the* 'good guy LT' in vietnam.

Also when he was A.Sec. Def. he looked like a SNL cast member

And now the navy uses his forehead as an aircraft carrier.

I bet he's got some wicked cool war stories to tell.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

They're all rich by my standard. So the one most likely to both get drunk and do stupid things, with money, while drunk(trump).

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Thump! posted:

I bet he's got some wicked cool war stories to tell.

he tried to tell one during the democratic debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

Patter Song posted:

Trump is the world's most surprising teetotaler
so he never personally tried his own vodka brand?

• Locked thread