Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
or fallout 1? I never played either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
play fallout 2 instead

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
play fallouts 1 and 2. no one will ever really respect you or your opinions until you do.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really liked Fallout 1 and 2, but Wasteland 2 feels lifeless to me. Also I feel like the radiation walls and the water mechanic is just a bandaid for extremely poor world map design but maybe I'm wrong. And it's cool when RPGs have lots of useful skills but Wasteland 2 has like, too many.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Play Fallout 1 OP.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Larry Parrish posted:

I really liked Fallout 1 and 2, but Wasteland 2 feels lifeless to me. Also I feel like the radiation walls and the water mechanic is just a bandaid for extremely poor world map design but maybe I'm wrong. And it's cool when RPGs have lots of useful skills but Wasteland 2 has like, too many.

The skill system in Wasteland 2 is insane and poop. It takes multiple skills checks, generally from multiple party members to open a single crate.

Wasteland 2 is really bad. Play Fallout 2, which is what I'm doing again.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Aim for the eyes, OP.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
For the love of GOD don't play Wasteland 2. I can only hope I got here in time before the OP committed a tragic mistake. However Fallout 1 is pretty good and if you want another good RPG check out Age of Decadence which is a hell of a game.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Just play Divinity: Original Sin's Enhanced Edition instead of that.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SunAndSpring posted:

Just play Divinity: Original Sin's Enhanced Edition instead of that.

Gross.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
wasteland 2 is a trash game op. it sucks

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
it was the first game of its genre that i played (crpg? wha?) and i just thought they were all like that and the genre just wasn't for me but then i played pillars of eternity and that game is epic and wasteland 2 is dog poo poo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

it was the first game of its genre that i played (crpg? wha?) and i just thought they were all like that and the genre just wasn't for me but then i played pillars of eternity and that game is epic and wasteland 2 is dog poo poo

Pillars of Eternity is really good but it just makes me want to play Baldur's Gate instead lol. I should really play through PoE.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Larry Parrish posted:

Pillars of Eternity is really good but it just makes me want to play Baldur's Gate instead lol. I should really play through PoE.

poe is half off this weekend. I was thinking about getting it, but I think I might wait until the expansion is on sale too. play through the 'full thing', probably in a few years.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Larry Parrish posted:

Baldur's Gate sucks.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

rediscover posted:

Now play some good ones like Fallout and Planescape: Torment.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Okay but I think PoE counts as a good one.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
follow your heart op

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Ragg posted:

Baldur's Gate sucks.

baldurs gate 2 is the peak of human endeavour

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

dangerdoom volvo posted:

baldurs gate 2 is the peak of human endeavour

Of poo poo.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

rediscover posted:

Okay but I think PoE counts as a good one.

It's OK but it ain't poo poo compared to Fallout.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Or if you want something recent, Age of Decadence, which is awesome.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

rediscover posted:

wasteland 2 is a trash game op. it sucks

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

All the bad things this thread says about wasteland 2, they're all true.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I've started Planescape Torment three times and played around 10 hours each time but never finished it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

how the hell is your first crpg wasteland 2?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

trying to jack off posted:

God has abandoned humanity.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

Be kind to young gamers like myself.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think Fallout 1, and Fallout 2 are both great games to play, OP.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If you want to play a modern crpg from the kickstarted ones, play Shadowrun: Dragonfall instead.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Alain Post posted:

If you want to play a modern crpg from the kickstarted ones, play Shadowrun: Dragonfall instead.

What about the original one.. UM, not the old one. The one that came before Dragonfall.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IIRC the good ones are Hong Kong and Dragonfall, the crap one is Chronicles, and the OK one is Returns (the "original").

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I kind of have to stick with the tactical combat ones because my brain isn't wired to play RT+P games (or RTS games.) Controlling my party in like, BG2 feels like controlling the guy in QWOP to me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Alain Post posted:

I kind of have to stick with the tactical combat ones because my brain isn't wired to play RT+P games (or RTS games.) Controlling my party in like, BG2 feels like controlling the guy in QWOP to me.

Same.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Apparently I should try ToEE but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Someday. Maybe even a simulplay.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Be kind to young gamers like myself.

no

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Rude.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Azraelle posted:

All the bad things this thread says about wasteland 2, they're all true.

hi I like your bat av. its very cute.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

What about the original one.. UM, not the old one. The one that came before Dragonfall.

The original is fun and cool but not nearly as cool as Dragonfall. I still liked it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im a known troll, check the postcount

• Locked thread