Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Thread full of noobs who don't know about eyeball shots with the .223 pistol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

You're retarded if you didn't think laser and plasma guns or miniguns and bazookas were going to be straight up better than lovely regular guns.

i don't even care about that part so much as the fact that you can tag skills you actively can't use until the second half of the game

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's just rewarding your early game risk.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ragg posted:

Wasteland 2 was made by inxile who are mega retarded and the head guy is the guy who basically killed off the age of awesome rpgs.
I lay that on Herve Caen really

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

01011001 posted:

i don't even care about that part so much as the fact that you can tag skills you actively can't use until the second half of the game

IDK man I beat the game on my first playthrough no problems without ever reading anything besides the manual so IDK why you guys think its such a horrible newbie trap or whatever.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My friend kept telling me I should get Wasteland 2 but I did not do that. Then like a week ago he eventually just sent me a copy basically against my will saying he got it in a bundle or something. So now I have this copy of a game that he keeps saying is a good but I really don't have a lot of interest in.

I understand the OP's point of view.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

My friend kept telling me I should get Wasteland 2 but I did not do that. Then like a week ago he eventually just sent me a copy basically against my will saying he got it in a bundle or something. So now I have this copy of a game that he keeps saying is a good but I really don't have a lot of interest in.

I understand the OP's point of view.

I'd play it if it was free. THen I'd make a shitpost about it wondering why it wasn't fallout 2.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Musluk posted:

I'd play it if it was free. THen I'd make a shitpost about it wondering why it wasn't fallout 2.

Ok I'll try that.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Just play fallout tactics op and don't listen to what anyone says about it it's a really good game

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I played a bit of it when it was released, it was cool, multiplayer is crazy with everyone getting super drugged and all

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

program666 posted:

I played a bit of it when it was released, it was cool, multiplayer is crazy with everyone getting super drugged and all

Ummm

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

wasteland 2 is pretty okay and the skill system works well so long as you accept that you'll have some gaps that you wont be able to fill or a while

fallout 1 and 2 are also pretty good and have aged pretty drat well for how old they are.

Planescape: Torment's story is goddamn amazing, as is the writing in general, but the gameplay is kinda rear end.

Pillars of ethnicity is pretty great.

Divinity is also fun, but im playing it co-op which tends to gloss over any flaws with a wave of hilarious drunk gently caress ups

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

pillars of ethnicity???

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

loving auto correct

leaving it there tho because its funny

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I played it and got to L.A. and got bored of it.

Played the Directors Cut and got to L.A. and got bored of it.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I've been playing fallout 1 for a while and it's pretty good indeed. I'm still at the beginning so it just seems like a fallout 2 with another story so far, besides having to right click to change cursor "modes" which is a pain in the rear end. On a related note are there keyboard shortcuts to change the type of attack between single, aimed single, burst and reload?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaulMorel
Oct 16, 2008
i like the minimalist thing, you go away from sandy bags to vault 15 then to bunktown, return to sandy bags and the gal is kidnapped by raiders

try a b c.

• Locked thread