Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean I know Deadmau5 definitely was a goon and posted some of his music and cried endlessly when nobody liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Baron von Eevl posted:

I mean I know Deadmau5 definitely was a goon and posted some of his music and cried endlessly when nobody liked it.

He was a GBS mod for a week at most

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

christmas boots posted:

We're all just a series of objects that was up someone's cooter when you think about it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Well, the years stop coming

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Baron von Eevl posted:

... and cried endlessly when nobody liked it.
Uhh, I think he made like a handful of posts back around 2008 and got banned almost immediately for talking like a 4channer, though I can't find anything in the Lepers Colony. But 2008 would have been when he was at his best musically; I find it hard to believe he would have encountered strong criticism.

Also according to his profile he's got an active account and last posted in 2016, though I can't find anything after 2008.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

minato posted:

Uhh, I think he made like a handful of posts back around 2008 and got banned almost immediately for talking like a 4channer, though I can't find anything in the Lepers Colony. But 2008 would have been when he was at his best musically; I find it hard to believe he would have encountered strong criticism.

goons are secretly eternal boomers. 2008 nobody here would have been interested in beep boop music

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Can confirm, would rather be pepper sprayed than listen to peak-era Deadmau5

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

clicking the play button doesn't make you a musician

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Being paid to press play does

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ChubbyChecker posted:

lol

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Baron von Eevl posted:

This guy turned out to be Deadmau5, didn't he?

Not unless his Gmail account with his name in it turned out to be a fake name (possible).

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
God I wish I could work up the energy to post a screed like that.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Jedit posted:

Not unless his Gmail account with his name in it turned out to be a fake name (possible).

I thought it was a reference to the guy that killed Hoffa

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

ChubbyChecker posted:

I was going to try to figure out a way to make fun of your username with this, but then I found this in the wikipedia article.

quote:

In 2013, Checker sued HP over a WebOS application with the same name. The application, before being pulled in September 2012, was used to unscientifically estimate penis size from shoe size. The district court said that Checker's trademark claim survived Hewlett-Packard's motion to dismiss, but his other claims were dismissed per Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
an F for webOS, the superior mobile OS

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rozzbot posted:

Yikes, my Aliexpress name comes up as "NZ shopper" and I just noticed that when I leave reviews the user name comes up as "N****r" :eyepop:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ChubbyChecker posted:

Goons in 2005 listened to electronic music and posted about how rap was crap because it was just talking over music, now in 2020 all the rappers are goony as gently caress and goons think electronic music is just pressing a button. Truly, you can lead a goon to water but you can't make them not suck rear end.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Didn't a goon say they took a bunch of drugs and when they woke up they found they had made Who Let The Owls Out

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Didn't a goon say they took a bunch of drugs and when they woke up they found they had made Who Let The Owls Out
please post the link <3

e: https://protard.bandcamp.com/track/hoo-let-the-owls-out

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
OH YES I LEGITIMATELY LIKE THIS SONG

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Several days after they woke up. They mailed a hard copy to themselves while they were blacked out.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Who Let The Owls Out is lowkey my favourite thing to come out of these forums

Although I think Flying Up The rear end Of The Phoenix is the best one

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
scoop up the field mice

push out the bones

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Several days after they woke up. They mailed a hard copy to themselves while they were blacked out.

Holy poo poo. That's top shelf pranking yourself.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I may have played it for children. They may have enjoyed it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I can neither confirm nor deny laughing at the pun in the name

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sleeveless posted:

Goons in 2005 listened to electronic music and posted about how rap was crap because it was just talking over music, now in 2020 all the rappers are goony as gently caress and goons think electronic music is just pressing a button. Truly, you can lead a goon to water but you can't make them not suck rear end.

This is what happens when you have a forum full of contrarians. It's the same reason the place went from probating poor punctuation in the era of AOL speak to acting like that was always a dumb idea once the rest of the internet started typing more or less normally.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This is what happens when you have a forum full of contrarians. It's the same reason the place went from probating poor punctuation in the era of AOL speak to acting like that was always a dumb idea once the rest of the internet started typing more or less normally.
I disagree

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Splicer posted:

I disagree

*i

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Captain Monkey posted:

I was going to try to figure out a way to make fun of your username with this, but then I found this in the wikipedia article.

lol

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I propose that, if this forum wasn't once willing to throw down and have holy wars over the definition of a sandwich, it would not be the chill place it is today.

Pictured: Heretical texts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Once again it is time to proselytize for my belief that people can technically be referred to as "bone calzones"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Noted international taco franchise Subway

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Big Mac is a cake. :hmmyes:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Platystemon posted:

Big Mac is a cake. :hmmyes:

so's your mom

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The cake...is a lie! Only true gamers will understand this reference.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Phlegmish posted:

The cake...is a lie! Only true gamers will understand this reference.

ah... a fellow ancient gamer

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when the only thing you do is also your only definable personality trait

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
What, exactly, is the "sh&#^*t" that gamers get done besides harassing women off the Internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Lemniscate Blue posted:

What, exactly, is the "sh&#^*t" that gamers get done besides harassing women off the Internet?

u tell me!