Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Phy posted:

For all your faults, I do respect you people for having the humility to take the awful plastic cheese and name it after yourself. It's like us and our geese. :canada:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3DuvTadLHI&t=50s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Phy posted:

For all your faults, I do respect you people for having the humility to take the awful plastic cheese and name it after yourself. It's like us and our geese. :canada:

Canada geese are the loud, messy, uncultured, belligerent fuckwits of North American birds, and its great when they gently caress off South of the border in winter. Calling them Canada geese instead of 'merica Geese feels like a sort of half formed in joke.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Canada Geese are extremely Canadian, it's just the stuff that doesn't normally make it outside the country

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Guess what, every country has a plethora of lovely snack foods and other problems. Does anyone have a funny quote to share?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Phy posted:

Canadian geese are the karmic counterweight to the niceness of Canadian people.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

Boooooooo

Whey to be a downer.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Collateral Damage posted:

Canadian geese are the karmic counterweight to the niceness of Canadian people.

Honestly some of the rudest people I’ve ever met were from British Columbia

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
They may have been three geese in a trenchcoat, admittedly

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Did they hiss at you, block sidewalks and leave foul-smelling green stains everywhere?

Because if so your odds are still about 50:50

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Honestly some of the rudest people I’ve ever met were from British Columbia

BC, Ontario, and I guess Alberta in a different way, have always struck me as the most U.S. American of the Canadian provinces, as someone who isn't North American at all. Almost indistinguishable.

The Frenchies are ironically the most Canadian ones in my eyes, along with the 50 English speakers who live along the eastern seaboard.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

British Columbia: The America of Canada

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Isn't that the case? Some of my best friends are British Columbians I was once housemates in Leuven with a girl from British Columbia who was studying here, and I absolutely never would have known she was Canadian if she hadn't told me and mentioned it a few times. Not even the telltale inflections on some of the vowels.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

British Columbia: The America of Canada

Please, that is SO Alberta.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Alberta is just an embarrassingly massive weeb. Except instead of fetishising Japan, its Texas.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dameius posted:

Alberta is just an embarrassingly massive weeb. Except instead of fetishising Japan, its Texas.
Yeehaboos?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Stampedaboos

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

"Whoop-Up County"? Alberta is already Texas.

As for the rest of Canada, I'll be having Nunavut.

hur hur

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I'm from Calgary and I'm stealing this

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I once saw a guy in Vancouver who looked so much like Hitler that he really shouldn't have grown a moustache, and yet he had.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Unkempt posted:

I once saw a guy in Vancouver who looked so much like Hitler that he really shouldn't have grown a moustache, and yet he had.

Oh, Ehdolf...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Guess what, every country has a plethora of lovely snack foods and other problems. Does anyone have a funny quote to share?

I found one!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I couldn't resist taking it all the way:

Senator Vreenak: Well, Sisko, I made it- despite your directions.

Captain Sisko: Ah. Senator Vreenak. Welcome. - I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable Holorecording of the Dominion conspiring against the Romulans.

Senator Vreenak: Yeah.

Captain Sisko: Oh, egads! My clandestine scheme is ruined. But what if....I were to purchase a forged Cardassian Datarod and disguise it as evidence of the Dominion planning to invade Romulus? Delightfully devilish, Sisko.

*Deep Space Nine title intro*

Senator Vreenak: Siskooooo!

Captain Sisko: Senator, I was just- uh, just stretching my calves on the Promenade. Isometric exercise. Care to join me?

Senator Vreenak: Why is Elim Garak coming out of your office, Sisko?

Captain Sisko: Uh- Oh. That isn't Garak. It's a hologram. A hologram from the Holorecording I'm providing to you. Mmm. Holorecording.

Captain Sisko: Whew. Senator, I hope you're ready for conscience shocking Genuine Cardassian Data rod.

Senator Vreenak: I thought you said you were providing a Holorecording.

Captain Sisko: Oh, no. I said Genuine Cardassian Data Rod. That's what I call Holorecordings.

Senator Vreenak: You call Holorecordings Cardassian Data Rods?

Captain Sisko: Yes. It's a regional dialect.

Senator Vreenak: Uh-huh. Uh, what region?

Captain Sisko: Uh, upstate Alpha Quadrant.

Senator Vreenak: Really. Well, I'm from Romulus, and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "Genuine Cardassian Data Rod."

Captain Sisko: Oh, not on Romulus. No. It's an Earth expression.

Senator Vreenak: I see. You know, these data rods are quite similar to the ones Grathon Tolar has been forging.

Captain Sisko: Oh, no. Patented Cardassian Proprietary Recording. Old family recipe.

Senator Vreenak: For Data Rods.

Captain Sisko: Yes.

Senator Vreenak: Yes. And you call them genuine despite the fact that it is an obvious forgery.

Captain Sisko: Ye- You know, the- One thing I should- - Excuse me for one second.

Senator Vreenak: Of course.

Captain Sisko: Oh well, that was wonderful. A good time was had by all. I'm pooped.

Senator Vreenak: Yes. I should be- Good Lord! What is happening in there?

*The Senators ship explodes*

Elim Garak: A hidden bomb on his shuttle.

Captain Sisko: Uh- a hidden bomb at this time of year? at this time of day? in the middle of a galaxy-spanning war?

Elim Garak: Yes.

Captain Sisko: May I report it?

Elim Garak: No.

Romulan Empire: Sisko! The Federation is baiting us into a war!

Captain Sisko: No, Romulus. It's just the Cardassians and Dominion planning an invasion.

Elim Garak: Well, Sisko, you are an odd fellow but I must say you falsify a good evidence.

Romulan Empire: Help! Help!

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
This one inaccurately suggests Chalmers yelling SEYMOUR! was diagetic. No points.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

SIXER FOR BACK-SEAT MODDING

...Erm, yeah, no, sorry. I just got these shiny new IK buttons and I'm dying to take them for a spin.

But seriously, slapfights over "well my country rules and your country drools" are a pretty tedious derail that's never gonna end with someone saying "gosh, you've convinced me that my country is terrible!" More funny quotes, please and thank you.

I'll go with one from our esteemed Fleta that always cracks me up. It's probably not knee-slapping funny unless you're familiar with lovely kids' non-fiction books but:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Anyone know where I might be able to buy bulk used kid's books? I am taking over a second grade homeroom class at a local international School; we don't have a library currently because we're converting the current space to be eligible for the IB. the classroom books currently are fun titles like LET'S LOOK AT ROCKS and SATURN IS A THING; my kids are not native English speakers and need some interesting poo poo.

"SATURN IS A THING" gets me every time. (And no, she's not wildly exaggerating about some of those titles.)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

JacquelineDempsey posted:

...Erm, yeah, no, sorry. I just got these shiny new IK buttons and I'm dying to take them for a spin.

Probate me you coward

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

oldpainless posted:

Probate me you coward

More like oldpostless

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Probate me you coward

:same:

e: but with a funny quote worthy of this thread

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Jul 10, 2020

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Super Waffle posted:

More like oldpostless

More like oldprobeless

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Nah

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

zoux posted:

Dude can you imagine the rage when there is not only no HS football, but any football at all this fall.

halokiller posted:

The rapture has a better chance happening than football not being played this year.

i say swears online posted:

maybe our idea of the rapture was a little too wholesome for reality. a lot of people sure are going to heaven

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

For context, this is from the TexasPol thread. HS football is basically a religion here.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

JacquelineDempsey posted:

*bends over and accepts fate*

j-dempz posted:

I'll go with one from our esteemed Fleta that always cracks me up. It's probably not knee-slapping funny unless you're familiar with lovely kids' non-fiction books but:

"SATURN IS A THING" gets me every time. (And no, she's not wildly exaggerating about some of those titles.)

I still laugh every time I think about "Robert Makes a Graph." I won't quote myself in here because that's rude, but if anyone wants to see what inspired my frustration, the post is here.
e: fixed the link

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zamujasa posted:

this thread is a tesla and prince is a firetruck

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SiKboy posted:

Anyone giving the symbol can safely be punched; Either they are a Nazi and can be punched for being a nazi, or they are trying to tell you things are okay, but its 2020 and nothing is okay, so can be punched for lying to you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This peanut in the log of poo poo I'm eating is satisfyingly crunchy

from a discussion of whether to watch all of Star Trek TNG season 1

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The peanut in this example is those conspiracy bugs, I assume.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

WarpedNaba posted:

See, this is why you never eat the fish.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

winterwerefox posted:

Jesus, can we avoid pedophile jokes.

oldpainless posted:

Agreed. They’re getting old which nobody likes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

More like oldjokeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
I give you a post from the Fifth of May, 2018.

VH4Ever posted:

He can thank Obama for that. It took almost two years to totally stop the bleeding after W left and even with the latest rosy reports on jobs and etc, economists are already seeing choppy waters on the horizon, maybe as soon as later this year. Like how we currently use a fever inducing virus to kill cancer cells, we might need another big recession to kill the Trump chud cancer and I unironically hope for bad times for this reason. Otherwise I do think this cultural rot will win in the end.