Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I stab at thee

By popular demand posted:

Oh no! Roy Orbison is trapped inside!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

I checked in on some trans friends of mine and they said "gently caress Pick". They don't post on SA and I wasn't asking about Pick and honestly I'm a bit concerned.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

DontMockMySmock posted:

Every loving time, every loving TIME someone makes a joke about quantum mechanics, they get the physics wrong. I am so sick of it.

The observer effect is not the uncertainty principle, and Schrodinger's Cat is not a real thing!

Edit: also the observer effect does not work that way.

Dameius posted:

But then how do they turn the wheel and keeo their eyes on the road.

Poor binky, thought of drifting and died.

Edit: wait we talking centaurs not horses. Whatever it stands.
The Horsenberg effect is that a horse driving a car doesn't know where they are or how fast they are going

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

who the hell are you people
I know what thread I'm in and how fast I'm posting the rest is kind of guesswork

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

An Equine Horsebag posted:

neigh

neigh whinny neigh

Splicer has a new favorite as of 17:04 on Sep 12, 2019

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

On first read I though they were arguing centaurs cum ants.

Do centaurs from the negative zone cum ants?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

Mr. Hands wasn't forced
It was forced in the end

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

A ton of mods and admins got PMs like that, all from the same long-since-permabanned poster. Aw hell, I'll say it: gunky junket. I doubt she sends PMs after searching her name anymore.
1) if it turns out she does please share
2) why are you bread?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

I wear my hat indoors at night
So I can so I can
Watch you huff and puff and roll your eyes

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, but the British conquered foreign lands to steal their ancient spices so the blandness stands out, ironically enough.
World War II happened and they turned eating horribly bland food into a patriotism and then forgot to stop

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Dwarf Fortress is a documentary.
Theresa May is in a fell mood...

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

It's not an anime body pillow it's a collectable action figure bolster

Real talk bolsters can help some people sleep better

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

we will in a few weeks when we've cut off all the EU red tape getting in the way of our free choice
Ha, like you'll be able to afford three colours of peppers

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The only good soap is the KOREAN SOAP DICK

In action!

You use it, and your hands are clean, but they feel so much dirtier.
Strong words from someone who doesn't think twice about having liquid soap jizzed on them by a robot.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Have none of you heard of liquid soap?
I believe I made my thoughts on that known

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Untouchable and reeking of rear end?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Segmentation Fox posted:

That's not smoke, it's steam!

From the steamed clams!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i saw xi jinping and mortarian in the closet making viruses and i saw one of the viruses and the virus looked at me

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Splicer posted:

That's exactly why I like plagiarise. Winding pedants up at words is always fun
AAWWWW YEAH

mobby_6kl posted:

It doesn't even make sense, since quoting with attribution is like the opposite of plagiarism

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Movie John Hammond is a very different character from novel John Hammond.
As is Nedry. In the book he's a lot more relatable, and becomes more and more relatable the longer you personally spend being under staffed and responsible for delivering what other people are promising.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

D-Pad posted:

I dunno. It was all part of the bubble in exotics and specifically giant birds at the time. I guess people assumed if they could make that much money off ostriches and emus then why not cassowary as well since they are smaller and you can fit more in a pen? They quickly figured out they are dangerous assholes nobody should be around.

I mean the whole thing was stupid and a classic example of a bubble with no underlying good reason. Even if the American public had bought into the whole ostrich meat thing ultimately the type of money you could make would be about the same as cattle. The prices started out high because of the rarity and it kept going at that level until there were no more buyers. My parents knew this, but my dad got greedy and thought he could do it one more year before it popped.

Edit: did a google search for ostrich bubble and there is a lot of good articles about what happened. Looks like the same bubble happened in the UK and Australia too. Ostrich and Emu are red meat and require less resources to raise than a cow and the meat is extremely lean so it was marketed as a solution during the low fat health craze of the 90s to be able to still eat red meat but healthier than beef.
Are they lower greenhouse gas emissions per kilo of meat? Because if so, new bubble ahoy!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

there were two different dudes who were sliced open by their cockfighting roosters which had razor blades attached to their spurs
OK I'm going to have to say these ones weren't all on the roosters

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

I've got paaaaains, that won't go away
A hairy baaack, and a balding pate
I dropped the boooox, for the pills that I take
I wish I had kept
My figuuuure

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think I had the first chapter linked to me somewhere on these forums. I should pick it up some day.
Oh hey I've been looking for this. As thanks here's a funny post

T-man posted:

necrophillia's fine with me (use a condom), but what's this about nazis

Byzantine posted:

maybe she was hanging around the only good nazis

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

bike tory posted:

When I was five years old my family fostered and trained some lambs to walk on a lead, come when called and other small tricks, all as part of my small rural school's annual "calf club day". About a month before the competition, after several months of working with and bonding with a lamb, I went out to feed mine who I had named Wooly. I immediately noticed that something was wrong; she was lying on her side, head bent at an unnatural angle, blue in the face and with foam still fresh on her now-cold lips. It turned out she had eaten a poisonous plant and died, probably in a lot of pain. In this recipe for lamb ragout, I will draw on these memories to...

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Yestermoment posted:

You are a scholar and a gentleman.
There's some other one with a lamb that died

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

doverhog posted:

The V appears to be inextricably linked to human life so seems unlikely.

Kinda like the three Elven Rings and the One Ring really, so yeah exactly like that.
Please don't try to put fingers in the third ring.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Phy posted:

That's why you gotta trick 'em by asking how they get from one floor to another in their house
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM STAIRS INTO MY HOUSE. ITíS A REFERENCE TO A FRONT PAGE ARTICLE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START TYPING THE WORDS ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, LOWTAX. I TYPE EVERY WORD AND I TYPE EVERY WORD HARD. MAKIN TICKETY TACK TACK SOUNDS WHEN I CONFUSE A CHILD ON THE INTERNET OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP SPELLING. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY INVENTED THE WORLDS MOST DANGEROUS ROBOTS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE ON REDDIT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE ON REDDIT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY COMPUTER LESS LONELY BY TYPING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WRIST STRETCHES EVERY MORNIng

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

genuinely took a minute to parse the idea of goons referencing reflections in a context that does not involve turning on monitors

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sir, are you lost in the Best Buy?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

first poster that wants a YOU DIED 6-hour, quote this stupid post
Arguably you were the first poster to quote that stupid post

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The funniest part is that he was given tremendous leeway to make circular, bad-faith arguments. The mod was way too friendly to him, if anything. He blasted from 0 to, what, the third most posts in the thread in a few weeks? Then he went and complained that he was being stifled, and dared the mods to look him up, lol.
No, the funniest part is where he argues with himself:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...40&pagenumber=5

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

that's nice dear

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

lord funk posted:

I know this is a joke, but I recently learned a sentence an English as a second language teacher uses as an example:

"I didn't steal her money."

It changes meaning for each word when that word is the emphasis.

Sagebrush posted:

"I didn't poo poo on your car"
I didn't notice what thread I was in until I started stitching the posts together

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

oldpainless posted:

drat that was supposed to be under my other account. Disregard that post.
more like altpainless

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

barbecue at the folks posted:

I was sure that could not have been a thing, a wikipedia trip later I stand corrected. Here's a nugget of information about how lion peepees can be serious business in Sweden:
Seems a straightforward swap, give dicks to the dicks

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Cheeseman posted:

The one thing people keep forgetting about fighting Jesus, is that that the human body is up to 70% water.

DyneAvenger posted:

poo poo, he'd walk all over you.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

purple death ray posted:

I mean I would still like it if things could stop happening, I don't know what to tell you
Good News!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

I once read a book on exactly that subject that argued, quite convincingly or at least it made sense to me, that video games were not inherently art, but that of course any individual game had the potential to be art, listed several games that were and weren't art (like, according to quite serious philosophical groundwork on the subject of art), and perhaps most importantly made the point that a game's quality as art was almost entirely independent of its quality as a game. Tetris - unarguably great game, captivating and influential, but not, philosophically speaking, art.
Tetris is a game where everything you create is destroyed by your own efforts and you only lose when you finally produce something of permanence. How isn't that art?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

The only moral form of government is a Hetmanate.

Wikipedia posted:

The Hetmanate (Ukrainian: Гетьманат or Гетьманщина) is a political entity ruled by a hetman.
That's real loving helpful thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

Sloth IRA