Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

minato posted:

makes sense, Santa is an anagram of @nsa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

VanSandman posted:

I think the others were variations on ‘miscarriage’ and ‘abortion.’

I wonder if Lakynn will ever know how much light and joy she and the memes associated with her have brought into our dark lives?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

Thanks for the horrible name picture(s). If anyone remembers or comes across the additional Aborshynn-type names, too, please post 'em.

(This is all because a teacher, Kim, at my kid's school had her third kid, Kamden, after Kylan (whom I call Krylon) and Kinsleigh. Her name choices are not improving with time.)

I once heard some lady yelling at her kids Camry (Camreigh?) and Corolla (Corollaugh?) at the mall.

Edit-

sneakyfrog posted:

revoke her K privileges

You think she should stop at KKK?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm Icelandic and literally thought that everyone's grandmothers were sisters until like the age of 8

mother was adopted by father's aunt but it still would have been legal if they were first cousins by birth

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

One of my Danish uncles married his Faroese first cousin (their dads were brothers but the kids didn't meet until their teens or something). Their children & grandchildren are fine.

Yeah, the situation between my parents wasn't bad but I wouldn't put it past some great grandfather Þorsteinn not bothering to travel outside the farmstead to get some rear end. I got this Hapsburg jaw from somewhere.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

We Know Catheters posted:

Why are people posting their fantasies?

I touched boobies once

On a lady

:quagmire:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Saw this in YOSPOS, was not able to see the question marks above :confused:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So how the gently caress did those clocks work?

Uline sells a radio controlled one for schools- though I suspect the older ones were more manual.

E:
Some are automatic too

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Jan 18, 2018

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

cool biRd pics posted:

chnoose ru fight

George posted:

lol what kind of scrub just uses his first name for a handle

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pick posted:

Dennis is packing but the barrel is bent. I imagine that thing's going to straight-up explode if you shoot it off.

Gotta be a gentleman around Microwave's Mom

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Outrail posted:

Is Susan someone's girlfriend or just riding on the attention of eight 199,395 virgins?

Fixed

E: to clarify she's apparently a hot mom that goons tend to be infatuated with

Double edit: noticed that you only counted 8 virgins; mega agreed that Wan is laying mad pipe

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 06:14 on Jan 31, 2018

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Outrail posted:

What the gently caress did I just not read?

but with babies

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Favorite band: Third Eye Benign

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

IS THIS THE THREAD THAT'S COMPLAINING ABOUT TIGGUM?

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Tiggum’s kind of a weird case because yeah he can be hardheaded to an absurd degree about the weirdest stuff but everyone I’ve ever seen complain about him is 1000x worse. Like a really tedious lightning rod for bad posters.

nm I'll see myself out

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Lowtax posted:

stop making fun of my bones

Chris Knight posted:

too many bones?
not enough cash?

President Beep posted:

i have a structured skeleton but i need cash now

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

dog: my slow son who is nice and means well

cat: my horrible daughter who is soft and has smol beans

bird: my awful gremlin who must be caged and carefully covered at night

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

My time travel plan to to travel a hundred years into the future and invest all my money in Microsoft and Apple.

Message from the future: Get in on the ground floor when Somethingawful LLC releases its IPO in 2032.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

A Moose posted:

my inlaws used to live in Avon, NY, which is pronounced AH-von because "we're not a damned makeup company". Now they live in Chili, which is pronounced Cheye-lye because gently caress that whole state idk why NYC puts up with sharing a state with them. When I'm driving up there from Boston a fun game I like to play is "count the number of rotted-out abandoned buildings" because NY is Rust Belt AF. Luv too visit strip malls that are 75% empty stores and a David's Bridal packed full of pregnant teens.

My company has offices in Lancaster MA, Lancaster NY, Lancaster PA, and Lancaster OH and I have to travel to each one of them and I never hear the goddamn end of it if I don't pronounce one using the local dialect.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Is this, like, a brand thing? Do you guys sell white roses?

Just a weird coincidence based on where several different clients decided to set up their facilities.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm super tired and for like 10 posts I thought everyone was talking about the Fark guy.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

President Beep just materialized from the ether recently and all of his posts are consistently great.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Crushing Boat Torture

Causeway Boat Torture

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Linux Pirate posted:

man i have a cold and listening to this makes my throat feel even more horse

NoneMoreNegative posted:

sorry your sickness has got you down

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Once 2018's one legitimate new poster finally registers an account we can go ahead and try that.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Roma are treated with less respect than garbage.

Last time I was in Madrid the trash collectors had been on strike for like 3 weeks and our host spent like 10 seconds talking about the gigantic piles of waste everywhere and 10 minutes delivering a monologue about how much of a stain the Gypsies were on society.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Slippery posted:

something awful: a place for learning

What you learn from a year on the SA forums is basically equivalent to a year at a US college.

Breetai posted:

I learned the limits of what it is possible for a man to do to his anus here. It's the kind of lesson that stays with you.

I stand by my statement.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Doxxing NMN

NoneMoreNegative posted:

CALCINATOR RAY SNIPE

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i hate phantom space man

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Syd Midnight posted:

No tweet should be considered 'stable'. Posting screenshots is better for cases like this, depending on the image host, but Twitter makes screenshotting long threads an enormous pain in the rear end. If anyone has advice for easily saving long twitter threads as images, that'd be awesome.

Same for imgurs .

Every old thread is a sea of

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bonjour, my name is Napoléon Kobayashi. I'm a 27 year old Japanese JapFrançais (French culture fan for you foreigners). I sample fine wines and smoke at my villa, and spend my days perfecting the craft and enjoying superior French passtimes. (Wine, Smoking, Disdain of tourists) I train with my disdain every day, this superior weapon can permanently leave my villa embled on a tourist's hide because it is white-hot, and is vastly superior to any other method of foreigner scorn. I earned my smoking license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day. I parle français fluently, both Parisian and Marseille dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about French history and their mime code, which I follow 100% When I get my French visa, I am moving to Paris to work in a grape field to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a tourist wrangler for the Eiffel Tower or an olive oil rig operator for Au Bon Pain! I own several berets, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to France, so I can fit in easier. I blow smoke in the faces of my elders and seniors and speak French as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond. Wish me luck in France!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

CantDecideOnAName posted:

From the Interior Design thread:

gently caress I know intimate details and have gained such a useless encyclopedic knowledge about so many people on the forums to recognize them and their foibles at just a glance.

Like, 40 years from now I'll be clubbing rats with the other sewer mutants and will suddenly start laughing about a Trig quote as the landsquids start attacking.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Cacafuego posted:

Is beatmstrJ the goon who cut out his structural joists out to put a sunken tub in

Yes - he won a custom title for it.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

President Beep posted:

I AM CORNWALLIO! I NEED TEA PEE FOR MY BOAT HOLE!

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Feb 23, 2019

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

What was the original image, it just says bandwidth exceeded now...

Fixed it

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Is the PYF ban thread still a thing somewhere?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Rosemont posted:

Funny you should post that...

Stymie alt spotted:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Dabir posted:

what the gently caress is going on in... is that Greece?

No. That's Europe.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

e: awful app done hosed up

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 23:58 on Sep 16, 2019

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm legitimately glad that Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes were both done before the age of Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Thanks to google images search:

I like the kitchen, nice and roomy.

Nevets posted:

What's with the big cutout infront of the window? I can't figure out what purpose it would serve. Is it supposed to be a breakfast nook in a nookless room?

canyoneer posted:

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

That's where they're going to put the toilet.

GreenNight posted:

I think you're suppose to put stools there so you can eat and look out the window.