Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Another classic:

quote:

You have to remember that tropers essentially engage in cargo cult literature, where they can recognise the components of a story, but not how they interlock and work. Which is why you see story descriptions that have the names of tropes liberally peppered through them as if a story is nothing but a collection of clichés put together into a cohesive mass of horribleness.

By way of analogy: A troper will spend years learning about what kind of ingredients typically go into cakes, and compile an exhaustive list of every ingredient and what they taste like on their own. Then the troper will present all of the other tropers with a bowl full of whole unshelled eggs, raw flour, oil, milk, and sugar, all in unstirred heaps, and say 'look at my cake'! And everyone will agree that the cake is delicious because it has eggs, flour, oil, milk, and sugar in it.

And there's an unopened packet of instant icing on top, and the icing is rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Haier posted:

I have some racism that I can write about lately:

I posted about a mistress friend a long time ago in the old thread (Tl;Dr - Was a nice girl but I found out she's a mistress to a very rich business man and gets paid to do gentle email work and get rudely poked several times a week by an old guy pushing 60 who also holds her life hostage). She writes me sometimes to give me updates, because I like hearing about her crazy life being kept in a prison apartment by this insane old dude.

After I left China, she was chatting me on WeChat and the old man was there and got really upset that she was chatting. He went into a rage that she has friends and immediately started in on a tirade about how good to her he's been and she's so ungrateful and how could he do this to her. She said she was just chatting with a friend, because it was raining outside and she was bored. He accused her of having a secret boyfriend, and from there his mind went into overdrive with possibilities.

For the next two weeks, he refused to let her go outside alone and always accompanied her. Even if he would ask her to go to the market to get something for him, he would follow behind her. If she spent a little long in the bathroom, he would start screaming about her chatting with this mystery man.
Eventually he came to the point where he assumed the man must be foreign, because no Chinese would talk to her because he would instantly know her mistress position.

Every day when he was out, she would tell me the great advice he would give her about foreigners to try to sway her away from her awful decision to know one. He's also a total TCM fanatic, so she gets extra advice on top of it.

1. Foreigners are unfaithful to women and cannot be trusted in personal and business relationships. This is coming from a man who purposely moved his wife and several kids far away to another province so she wouldn't bust in on him living with his mistress five days a week. He actually has to fly back to go see her.

2. All foreigners have sexual diseases and brought them all to China and China never had any diseases like this until foreigners showed up.

3. Americans are the worst of all foreigners because he did business with an American company and the money got delayed by like five weeks and even though he got paid he assumed they were just running away with his money like a Chinese business would do, therefore American people are the worst of all people.

4. Chinese girls who marry foreigners will be immediately be sold into sex trafficking schemes. In fact, this is the most common thing that happens to Chinese girls who go abroad. Americans are the biggest offenders at this.

5. Don't do yoga, it's foreign, and therefore will affect a Chinese body too strangely and badly.

6. Sexual positions, masturbation, and oral sex are all foreign ideas and will destroy the body and cause many diseases.

7. Foreign medical systems are not as powerful as TCM. China should have never accepted the Western medical practices, it is destroying Chinese solidarity.

8. His idea of China hierarchy is Hong Kong> China > Taiwan. Due to some business in HK that went wrong (probably his fault), they are the worst Chinese out of all Chinese and can't be trusted.

9. Foreigners like sex too much, and you will get liver and kidney disease if let a foreigner control the amount of sex haved.

10. Germans are ok.

On top of this, he packed her up and moved her to another city to a different apartment he just rented and then goes back and forth daily by car, just so in his scheming mind he could remove her from where he thinks the "problem" is, causing himself a huge amount of money and time wasted. Even there when she goes out alone, he has a meltdown and accuses her of going off to meet a guy. He gave instructions to the front-desk workers and building guards to keep an eye on her.
She told him she was going to another city to see her family on her birthday and he said he was buying a plane ticket too and would follow her to make sure she is "safe." She told him nope and he went into a tantrum and went to see his wife for a week to spite himself.

One more bad thing caused by foreigners:
Since he demands sex from his mistress, we used to joke about it because he's old and unhealthy and I asked her what happens. She said he pushes her over after her shower and makes her open up. He thinks kissing is cheating on his wife, along with foreplay, so he tries to shove his nearly-60-year-old wiener in her totally dry vagina. He manages to get in and 10-30 seconds later blows it and rolls over and gets back on his business laptop. She said it's pretty painful due to not being turned on at all, so I recommended lube. She bought some and right before he was about to stab at her, she slopped some on him. He was so offended by this. He blamed foreigners for lube and the idea to use lube, went limp, and gave her the silent treatment for two days.

Welp, another life made more difficult by my association.