Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Pro-Wrestling Champion for October, 2015?
This poll is closed.
:perfect: Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 25 16.34%
:rant: Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 12 7.84%
:heysexy: Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 3 1.96%
:wotwot: Ethan Carter III (FORMER TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 3 1.96%
:hchatter: Matt Hardy (FORMER TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 23 15.03%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 20 13.07%
:smithmouth: Shingo Takagi (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 10 6.54%
:suezo: I Ain't Give A gently caress (None of the Above) 57 37.25%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Voted None of the Above since none of those dudes were impressive and Bayley had a cool Iron Man defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
voted Mr. Selfish Shingo Takagi. His amazing match versus Don Fujii is available here. His defense early 11/1 morning against Masaaki Mochizuki (the show started on 10/31 PDT time) should also deserve consideration.

Everyone should be all aboard a self-reliant and brutal future*. All Aboard Shingo Takagi.

sticklefifer posted:

We had a DG champ last year, so you never know.

I can retire from the forums knowing I did my life's work.

* until Akira Tozawa beats him next month and the most charismatic person in wrestling finally gets his crown jewel.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Voted None of the Above since none of those dudes were impressive and Bayley had a cool Iron Man defense.

Seth Rollins had a good match with Kane.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Vote No Champ every month. No Gods No Kings No Champs No Masters

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Matt Hardy is big foot

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I can retire from the forums knowing I did my life's work.

But does it really count if it was Hulk?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Voted for Seth Rollins because he beat The Big Red Monster, The Demon Kane (through hellfire and brimstone) at the Hell in a Cell WWE Network Event and remained the world's WWE Heavyweight Champion.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Trash bag sleeves to go with trash bag pants.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Voted Matt Hardy as a retroactive appreciation of the MattFacts.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Voted None of the Above for Bayley

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Basically.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
none of the above, bayley, etc

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

tempting as it is to vote hardy in TYOOL 2015, im all bout dat bayley

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I have reconsidered and wish to change my vote to Shingo Takagi. Jay is perfect but that match with Fujii was the best match I saw all month.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Voting None of the Above for Bayley.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

None of the Abayley.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sure you could vote for a cool choice but why not throw your vote away on the least important champion of an untelevised show?

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Okada had a pretty good match with AJ

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Sure you could vote for a cool choice but why not throw your vote away on the least important champion of an untelevised show?

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Wow what did Shingo do to you, did he like spear your sister or something

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Voting none of the above.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

why not throw your vote away on the least important champion of an untelevised show?

I mean, Matt Hardy is tied for second so

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

But does it really count if it was Hulk?

Hulk was the best champ of 2014 and will forever be champion of my heart.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Junpei Hyde posted:

Voting none of the above, the unofficial Bayley option.

Same

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
My vote for Matt Hardy was a secret vote for Bayley

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

matt hardy is bayley

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Jerusalem, does Shingo Takagi's defense against Mochizuki count for October or November. I ask since I think it was still 10/31 on the West Coast when the show started in Osaka.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Jerusalem, does Shingo Takagi's defense against Mochizuki count for October or November. I ask since I think it was still 10/31 on the West Coast when the show started in Osaka.

I consider it a November match and I'll talk it up when it comes to the November poll, but for a borderline case like that just make your own call :)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I labeled it November in the MOTY thread because it was evening on November 1st in Japan.

PSP better loving remember Shingo next month though because that match was nuts.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Shingo's probably got a decent shot next month. No Takeover so fewer people will (probably) have their underwear twisted about NXT not being on the poll, Seth will be in the Survivor Series match rather than having a title defense, ROH is still kind of in a holding pattern until Final Battle and that's in December. If Okada and Nakamura don't have blowaway matches at Power Struggle I think Takagi could get enough support.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Grozz Nuy posted:

Shingo's probably got a decent shot next month. No Takeover so fewer people will (probably) have their underwear twisted about NXT not being on the poll, Seth will be in the Survivor Series match rather than having a title defense, ROH is still kind of in a holding pattern until Final Battle and that's in December. If Okada and Nakamura don't have blowaway matches at Power Struggle I think Takagi could get enough support.

Sorry but I think you forgot an important point: BAYLEY, MOTHERFUCKER

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

Sorry but I think you forgot an important point: BAYLEY, MOTHERFUCKER

the women's developmental champ means you should ignore every major title holder for what reason, exactly?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I like Bayley just fine and her success has been the most feel-good thing associated with WWE since WM30, but I really don't get the fervor around her specifically in these threads. There were a few NXT protest votes before, but nothing like the none of the above option completely running away with the poll. Why didn't this happen when Sasha was women's champ, or when Sami won the belt in a legitimately amazing match with a great build?

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
I don't care for your Bayley discussion, I voted "none" because all the champs of the promotions I watch sucked this month.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Grozz Nuy posted:

I like Bayley just fine and her success has been the most feel-good thing associated with WWE since WM30, but I really don't get the fervor around her specifically in these threads. There were a few NXT protest votes before, but nothing like the none of the above option completely running away with the poll. Why didn't this happen when Sasha was women's champ, or when Sami won the belt in a legitimately amazing match with a great build?

I think it's at least partially because HHH has been really public about saying "it's not developmental anymore, it's a brand" in the past few months. A brand owned by WWE, yes, but considered a separate promotion now with separate rosters and separate booking, similar to NOAH/NJPW. Bayley also main evented the first ever PPV headlined by a women's title as champion as well, so it's not exactly outlandish.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

the women's developmental champ means you should ignore every major title holder for what reason, exactly?

well, she had the #1 match of the year and a history-making iron man match that will rank somewhere in my top 5, is that a good reason or no

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grozz Nuy posted:

I say this with all sincerity - if I thought the NXT brand was more than just a developmental then I would put both Finn Balor and Bayley into the poll and I would vote for Bayley in a second. Her rise to the top and first successful defense of the belt were amazing, inspiring feelgood moments and as a character and a performer she gets me more invested in what she doing than basically any other Champion around at the moment (WHEN Okada beats Tanahashi in January that will probably change).

But NXT is still a developmental, despite the rather nice lipservice that Triple H pays to it being a separate brand. They're making baby-steps in that direction but they're not there yet, and a big part of that is that except for where big stars have negotiated their own contracts, most of the roster are still on developmental contracts and - as far as I know - not getting anything in the way of merchandise or house percentages (correct me if I'm wrong somebody). The reason why is because they're still considered trainees, learning the business and developing into become main roster talent. The fact that NXT is far and away the best thing WWE is actually producing right now is a problem for WWE to fix, but it's not yet a distinct brand in its own right.

God I wish it was, because I'd like to vote for Bayley too.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Also, if we establish the NXT Women's Championship as eligible for this vote shouldn't the Divas title go on there as well? Not that anyone would vote for it, but nobody voted for the NWA titles when those were eligible choices either. I guess you could make the IWGP Intercontinental argument that the NXT Women's title main evented a 'PPV' when the Divas title would never do that in a million years, but I dunno. That happened once and with Bayley the only one of the Four Horsewomen left in NXT I suspect it'll be a pretty long time before it happens again.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think it has a lot to do with a lack of other championship reigns really being good/great right now, especially since a portion of the subforum only watches WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I voted none of the above not because wishing Bayley was on it, I voted none of the above as none of the champions had even an average month this month. It was a mediocre month for everyone listed regarding the championships.

• Locked thread