Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ManiacClown posted:

Holy poo poo, am I glad I saw this! Tindeck's overhauled itself a bit since I last uploaded everything and things got a bit confused. That said:

:coal: THE COAL IS UNDER THE TREE :coal:

My daughter will be very pleased that it's making this year's album. :neckbeard:

The last link is no good? I already had you listed. I'll update it if necessary. On my phone now, which is why I can't verify anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
:siren:I NEED TO STOP MAKING SONGS HOLY HELL:siren:

I had some uhhh technical difficulties...

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Decided to go back and redo my album art, since the previous one looked like glowy piss. Also went and resized it since the original was a rectangle by 15 pixels.

MY RECTIFIED ALBUM ART COVER IS UNDER THE TREE!

Also, so this post has something more of substance - I was telling my mom about how I went and listened to 18 hours of Christmas music this week and how this website creates an album every year, and she decided to have us listen to it while opening present this year. Will post a trip report afterwards with reactions.

Toothy
Jan 30, 2006

There's treasure everywhere!
It's back and under the tree!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

A combination of the other two covers....

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Atoramos posted:

THIS, THIS, A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. I'm glad someone who knows knows Photoshop better than I did this.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I'd better not be too late for this

:siren: my song is under a tree :siren:

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Atoramos posted:

This is the winner

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Atoramos posted:

:captainpop:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

oh man. so much good album art this year

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Atoramos posted:

:golfclap:

Now I just need a back cover. And no, Bsam, you're not too late.

:colbert: :siren: TODAY IS THE LAST DAY, THOUGH. :siren: :colbert:

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Atoramos posted:

yes, please!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Atoramos posted:

drat lol

the others are also really good but this is it

TheSnackuum
Nov 4, 2015

Nom nom nom!

Libandano Urfam posted:

MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE

(the audio is all over the place, may wish to be careful if you have headphones)

I think this one is my favourite.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Libandano Urfam posted:

MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE

(the audio is all over the place, may wish to be careful if you have headphones)

I love this, it's by far one of my favorites.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 20, 2015

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
MY BACK COVER SUGGESTION IS UNDER THE TREE

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

I have no idea what the actual track order is but if you share it I'll update the image

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The last link is no good? I already had you listed. I'll update it if necessary. On my phone now, which is why I can't verify anything.

The link should still be good. It was more for convenience.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

The link should still be good. It was more for convenience.

Thank you, appreciate it :)

:siren::toot:AS OF THIS POST, SUBMISSION TIME HAS ENDED:toot::siren:

Ok, so holy poo poo, goons... the official count is 64 tracks of christmas joy and pain! I want to thank absolutely everyone who took part in this year's album, it was wonderful. I know it's kind of weird that I'm posting all of this, whereas my wife and OG Awful Xmas Album Alum jennyinstereo isn't, but she is busy being a fantastic mother to our son, and I'm just taking up my lunch hour at work doing stupid poo poo like this, so... there.

It looks like the Gary Oldman/Get Out frog cover is clearly the winner for the album cover, so that's awesome! As for the back cover, I'm cool with whatever, I guess it comes down to whatever people want. Overall, it doesn't REALLY matter, since barely anyone will have a physical copy of this thing unless they make one themselves.

I'll be sorting out levels an track order tonight and probably tomorrow, and will then upload the whole goddamned thing to my website. Once I have the file, if someone here who is smarter than me would make a torrent of it, that would be great. I also wouldn't be opposed to putting this sort of thing (and previous albums) up on a site like Bandcamp, just as long as it always remains free to download and/or stream. Same goes for Youtube, if you feel like making some sort of static screen video for everything, please, go hog wild. Overall, I want this and other albums to live on for as long as possible; I hate it when this thread comes up and we can't seem to find links to all of the old stuff. :argh:

While I'd love to post another thread with a massive poll asking for everyone's favourite track, I'm not going to do that because there's enough poo poo in GBS as it is. Please use the rest of this thread to talk about, I don't know... the music, or the album art, or your favourite supreme court judge, whatever.

I do hope this thread stays stickied until maybe Dec 26th, or at least until I have the full, holy-poo poo-it's-all-tagged-and-ordered album download, thanks mods!

EDIT: Also, the album as a format is kind of dead/in limbo, so I'm not dividing these by cds (if I did, it'd be 4 discs, 16 tracks each, just to keep it all nice and sperg-friendly). It's all going to be just a mess of 64 tracks.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 21, 2015

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Once we have the mp3s out there, and the play order finalized, I'll put things up on YouTube (unless someone objects to their stuff being re-uploaded).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

my cat is norris posted:

Once we have the mp3s out there, and the play order finalized, I'll put things up on YouTube (unless someone objects to their stuff being re-uploaded).

Bless you, dear goon, your help for the cause is appreciated!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

While I'd love to post another thread with a massive poll asking for everyone's favourite track, I'm not going to do that because there's enough poo poo in GBS as it is. Please use the rest of this thread to talk about, I don't know... the music, or the album art, or your favourite supreme court judge, whatever.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

my cat is norris posted:

Hope your channel won't get any strikes for copyrighted background tracks in some songs.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Bandcamp is not going to be possible since you need to upload uncompressed files. There's also the whole deal of a limited amount of free downloads per month but I doubt that 200 people would download this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

watho posted:

Bandcamp is not going to be possible since you need to upload uncompressed files. There's also the whole deal of a limited amount of free downloads per month but I doubt that 200 people would download this.

Good to know, thanks!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Soundcloud then?

E: You can also convert everything into wav fro bandcamp. It won't matter much.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 21, 2015

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Toothy posted:

It's back and under the tree!

love this one

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Soundcloud then?

E: You can also convert everything into wav fro bandcamp. It won't matter much.

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of, but I really don't like that download/streaming limit. If copyright weren't an issue, I'd be all over putting them on Youtube. I'd still love it if it was attempted. I think the only thing that might cause problems would be 'Down with the Christmas' and maybe the Taylor Swift song. Everything else would be in public domain, wouldn't it be?

Also, I recently found which song I'm going to mumble through next year, and can't wait. I think it'll be the final one.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I think it's better to cut out a lot of the garbage tracks (e.g. mine) and try to get it down to like 32 of the best tracks. That's what I did the first year. I'm a huge A-hole and don't care about hurting feelings though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

I think it's better to cut out a lot of the garbage tracks (e.g. mine) and try to get it down to like 32 of the best tracks. That's what I did the first year. I'm a huge A-hole and don't care about hurting feelings though.

Well, people would be able to cut out the tracks they don't like, themselves, when they download it. One main reason that I wouldn't cut anything out is for posterity.

Also, since it's really a mix of awesome and awful, you gotta take the sweet with the sour. That being said, myyyy god, when I did the track ordering for the 2012 album, there were some that I wanted to drop, like one about Vlad the impaler, and another about Bane... sorry to those goons, but holy poo poo.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
You could also host it on google drive, as last year's was

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Schweinhund posted:

part of what makes this so fun every year is the total lack of gatekeeping. delete the ones you don't want and let go of your desire to play king retard over a lovely joke album of terrible music

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Paladinus posted:

Hope your channel won't get any strikes for copyrighted background tracks in some songs.

Me too! Fortunately, a lot of Christmas music is in the public domain.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure that Last Christmas isn't public domain but most of it is sped up and distorted anyways. Don't know about the specific arrangement of Carol of the Bells that I stole sampled either but I doubt it's enough to get a copyright claim.

Edit: the streaming limit on Bandcamp is an opt in thing, download limit is a pain though. Also, Soundcloud is good for streaming, kinda awful for downloading though since you need to download the songs one at a time.

watho fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 21, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I personally don't care if it's all over the place, but as long as I have my site with Dreamhost, you'll have links available there.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

I'll be happy to set up a torrent if someone else doesn't get to it first.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Doing the track order right the hell now, and everyone who didn't put good enough ID3 tag info is a jerk. :colbert:

"Why, Zodiac" gets a pass on this... sort of.

EDIT: Also, overall, the levels for this album are ok enough that I'm not going to change them; it's not even an effort thing, I don't want to re-compress these again, because that would suck.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 22, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
B-but there's nothing in the OP about tags and I'm dumb? I mean, sorry.

As for levels, I suppose you can use ReplayGain tags for some minor adjustments without recompression.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=ReplayGain_1.0_specification#ID3v2

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Paladinus posted:

B-but there's nothing in the OP about tags and I'm dumb? I mean, sorry.

As for levels, I suppose you can use ReplayGain tags for some minor adjustments without recompression.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=ReplayGain_1.0_specification#ID3v2

I'll take a look at that, thanks!

Oh well, I'm down in my audio dungeon, tagging away. Gotta have it all neat and somewhat proper and uniform.

EDIT: poo poo, guys/girls... we did Good Work. I'm laughing my rear end off listening to all of this again. I don't think I realized how much I loved Enter Jingleman until now. Well done, Chunder.

I should mention that I'm not ordering the tracks from best to worst or anything. It's a whole... mix... thing.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

my cat is norris posted:

Just link to the video I made and extracted the audio from for mine, please.

I can't remember if I said earlier, but MAN is bleating an entire Christmas carol in one take hard on the throat muscles.

• Locked thread