Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just waiting on the back cover art, and then this baby is live. I'll most likely post a Google Drive link here for now, and then update the OP and this post (or another post later) with an actual upload to my site. Track order is all sorted. The 'Unplugged intro' is the first track, with Fredrik1's "Finding the Spirit of Christmas: A monolgue of Holiday Cheer" capping the whole drat thing off.

Goons, although it's been said, many times, many ways, this has been an extraordinary effort from all of you, and you're all awesome. Yes, even you.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just waiting on the back cover art, and then this baby is live. I'll most likely post a Google Drive link here for now, and then update the OP and this post (or another post later) with an actual upload to my site. Track order is all sorted. The 'Unplugged intro' is the first track, with Fredrik1's "Finding the Spirit of Christmas: A monolgue of Holiday Cheer" capping the whole drat thing off.

Goons, although it's been said, many times, many ways, this has been an extraordinary effort from all of you, and you're all awesome. Yes, even you.

Check your inbox, art sent moments ago :toot:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Atoramos posted:

Check your inbox, art sent moments ago :toot:

Got it, all set to go, zipped everything up, and I'm just uploading to Google Drive now. My son JUST woke up, so it'll be a little bit before I have a link, but it'll be here, dammit! :toot:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
waiting patiently, with bated breath, to set up the torrent tracker

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

waiting patiently, with bated breath, to set up the torrent tracker

:siren: Go hog wild. :siren:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3dA6m7Ik-nzWG5ZRWVlUERNZG8/view?usp=docslist_api

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]
Wow! Thank you to ALL of you who submitted, read, listened, contributed, didn't, etc. You're all amazing! Also, a huge huge thank you to Rupert Buttermilk for holding down the fort while I cared for our sick child! Hand foot mouth is a pain in the rear end and blows more than the music in this thread does :)

I also love love love the new cover art combining the two original covers, and that has my vote. I am so in awe of all of you :allears: :swoon: I can't wait til next year and I promise, I will actually get some parodies done.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
Torrent File :gary:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4R0ZPJuH_DWZXpDUWpNMVhQenM/view?usp=sharing

e: if it doesn't work or something, let me know; I haven't set one of these up in years

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 22, 2015

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The torrent worked for me.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

YouTube playlist will be up...probably tomorrow? I've got to render videos that include the album art, so your patience is appreciated.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

my cat is norris posted:

YouTube playlist will be up...probably tomorrow? I've got to render videos that include the album art, so your patience is appreciated.

It's incredible that you're doing this anyway, so thank you!!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

You can monitor my slow progress here: https://goo.gl/D70BA1

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I've been enjoying Taco Bell Christmas and Jingle Bawitaba unironically. Awesome job, everyone.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My boyfriend and I were just lamenting how loving catchy Taco Bell Christmas is.

Edit: While I'm here -- "tomorrow" was seriously a poor estimate. I forgot I have evening plans, and while I could work on rendering videos at the office, I'm not sure that I'll have the free time. :( Let's just say the playlist'll be up and finished "within a few days."

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 23, 2015

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
In addition to all those other ways to get this album I am setting up a Bandcamp!

If someone wants to make an artist logo and a "975 pixels wide, 40-180 pixels tall, .jpg, .gif or .png, 2mb max" header for the "band" that'd be appreciated.

Not to spoil anything but I have 400+ more songs to upload. I've managed to track down all past albums. So that we have yet another location for all these horrible works I'll dump them all there. I think all the past albums have cover art (sadly not all have track listings as that is by far the best way to make sure people get the credit they "deserve")

https://saxmas.bandcamp.com/

There was discussion on limited free downloads, I have a Pro account for now and will probably rebuy that next dec. Then the rest of the year that 200 download free limit should not be a problem. Hell it's probably not a problem even in December, but whatever, just :10bux:

[Edit]
Last year's album is now up! https://saxmas.bandcamp.com/album/hollycaust
And the year before! https://saxmas.bandcamp.com/album/21derful-christmastime

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 23, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

JossiRossi posted:

In addition to all those other ways to get this album I am setting up a Bandcamp!

If someone wants to make an artist logo and a "975 pixels wide, 40-180 pixels tall, .jpg, .gif or .png, 2mb max" header for the "band" that'd be appreciated.

Not to spoil anything but I have 400+ more songs to upload. I've managed to track down all past albums. So that we have yet another location for all these horrible works I'll dump them all there. I think all the past albums have cover art (sadly not all have track listings as that is by far the best way to make sure people get the credit they "deserve")

https://saxmas.bandcamp.com/releases

There was discussion on limited free downloads, I have a Pro account for now and will probably rebuy that next dec. Then the rest of the year that 200 download free limit should not be a problem. Hell it's probably not a problem even in December, but whatever, just :10bux:

You are the goon we need, but not the goon we deserve.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

It's not the right size, but this is what we used for 2011:

And here is 2010:

No idea why I have them all in different sizes.

Haschel Cedricson fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 23, 2015

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Those will do! Thanks!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

bigger 2010

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

https://saxmas.bandcamp.com/
Ok, so I have 2009, 2013, 2014, and 2015 done. I'll finish uploading the last 3 albums tomorrow.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now it feels like Christmas! :toot:

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus
Technically youtube wouldn't be a problem since all these songs are parodies for the most part, and therefore under fair use.

But I guess the process of removing the copyright claim on a video might be a bitch?
:shrug:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It really is.

THANK YOU for the Bandcamp collection! :neckbeard:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

my cat is norris posted:

It really is.

THANK YOU for the Bandcamp collection! :neckbeard:

It's fantastic to have them all up there (well, soon to have all of them up there). It's a shame that the individual artists names aren't on there, but what can you do?

Regardless, :toot:

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001
I gotta say, I think this is the most consistent year of genuinely awesome songs that have been submitted since the first year.

Merry Christmas, Goons!

DeathTongue
Jul 13, 2001

Mouko posted:

There's been a distinct lack of Christmas rap since Sickadash and I stepped out the game.

This is an awesome effort. :c00l:

Missed this before - I seriously miss the rap battles on previous albums.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

After listening to this album countless times, I have to give my award-in-words-only for 'Overall Best Song' (taking into consideration writing quality, audio quality, humour, theming, etc) to Racefat/Hot Dad's A Taco Bell Christmas. There are a ton of excellent songs on this album that make me laugh out loud, like Jingle Bawitiba, Enter Jingleman, I saw Mommy (censored) [Explicit], and even BSam's song about not wanting socks for christmas, but as a generally-funny, well-produced SA Christmas Song, this one wins.

Good loving work, dude.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I'm a pretty big fan of "Down with the Christmas"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dilby the Toymaker is the best, imo. Catchy, too.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

After listening to this album countless times, I have to give my award-in-words-only for 'Overall Best Song' (taking into consideration writing quality, audio quality, humour, theming, etc) to Racefat/Hot Dad's A Taco Bell Christmas. There are a ton of excellent songs on this album that make me laugh out loud, like Jingle Bawitiba, Enter Jingleman, I saw Mommy (censored) [Explicit], and even BSam's song about not wanting socks for christmas, but as a generally-funny, well-produced SA Christmas Song, this one wins.

Good loving work, dude.

Thanks so much! :) (I did send you a PM about Patreon, btw.)

To be fair, producing music is kinda my job and I've already got all the equipment for it and all that. But I still do my best regardless!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, if any of y'all want a taste of some of my other stuff, garbage day kindly featured me twice on the front page earlier this year:
http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/tv-theme-songs/1/
http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/wwe-entrance-themes/1/

I remade over 100 TV themes between 2014 and 2015 (top link) and 20 wrestling theme songs a few months ago (bottom link).

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY EVERYONE! And thanks for all of your hard work!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RaceFat posted:

Thanks so much! :) (I did send you a PM about Patreon, btw.)

To be fair, producing music is kinda my job and I've already got all the equipment for it and all that. But I still do my best regardless!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, if any of y'all want a taste of some of my other stuff, garbage day kindly featured me twice on the front page earlier this year:
http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/tv-theme-songs/1/
http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/wwe-entrance-themes/1/

I remade over 100 TV themes between 2014 and 2015 (top link) and 20 wrestling theme songs a few months ago (bottom link).

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY EVERYONE! And thanks for all of your hard work!

Ha, yes, I got the PM, but then I checked out all of your stuff, and honestly didn't have any questions! I don't mean that in a bad way, you literally showed me what I was wondering about. Great stuff, keep it up!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Dear this thread,

Sincerely,

me

ps: especial super thanks to rupert buttermilk and jennyinstereo

pps: rot in hell former gbs mod "el spider" lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

pps: rot in hell former gbs mod "el spider" lol

And in the immortal words of someone, "two weeks isn't long enough, you idiot fucker."

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Track 27, Ho Ho Hos, appears not to have any tags! Can the artist please step up and identify themselves? Or can you fill me in, Rupert?

20 tracks up on YouTube now, and that's all I've got time for before Christmas. I'll be back to it after the holiday.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 24, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

my cat is norris posted:

Track 27, Ho Ho Hos, appears not to have any tags! Can the artist please step up and identify themselves? Or can you fill me in, Rupert?

20 tracks up on YouTube now, and that's all I've got time for before Christmas. I'll be back to it after the holiday.

That track is by Why Zodiac, and thankfully is another example of the audio taken from the youtube clip that he posted somewhere early on, so you can just add that directly if you want.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I listened to the album at work today and I'm playing it on my GhettoRadio show right now. Great work, everyone! Hey Santa (Hey Santa) is especially brilliant in the simplicity of its terribleness. What really drives the gag home is how easily you can hear where it loops. However, a lot of the songs get really choppy when they play on my show. I noticed that they're all kinds of different bitrates. Were they recorded that way or is it a product of the normalization process?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

I listened to the album at work today and I'm playing it on my GhettoRadio show right now. Great work, everyone! Hey Santa (Hey Santa) is especially brilliant in the simplicity of its terribleness. What really drives the gag home is how easily you can hear where it loops. However, a lot of the songs get really choppy when they play on my show. I noticed that they're all kinds of different bitrates. Were they recorded that way or is it a product of the normalization process?

No idea on the bitrate, they might be all over the place. Hah, I didn't actually check, but I do know that they all played fine for me.

For more of a constant result, check out the bandcamp page; they should all be the same there.

Edit: Speaking of which, can't wait for the other three albums to be uploaded :allears:

Who here is interested in a crash course in proper audio handling next year, either in the OP or somewhere else in the thread? I'm all for both high and low effort tracks, but stuff like exporting and compressing audio properly should be all standard procedures across the board.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 24, 2015

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Thanks all for making a great holiday a little bit greater

Who here is interested in a crash course in proper audio handling next year, either in the OP or somewhere else in the thread? I'm all for both high and low effort tracks, but stuff like exporting and compressing audio properly should be all standard procedures across the board.

Sure, when it comes to audio I have no clue what I'm doing.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Most definitely. I already have a song in the works for next year, and would love it to be slightly less embarrassing from a production standpoint. Probably a better fit in whatever musicians forum there is, with a link put here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Well, I'd like to help people out when we post the thread next year, but in the meantime, definitely check out the Musician's Lounge subforum down in No Music Discussion. Tons of great info there.

Edit: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754655&pagenumber=1&perpage=40 that should point you in the right direction, but like I said, I'll be running a crash course next year. If anyone wants to ask anything, feel free to PM me, I love to be helpful, and I owe you all for making this album awesome.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 25, 2015

• Locked thread