Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

smallmouth posted:

Value study tonight.

it's cool but why are you putting color in your value study? even a little bit kind of defeats the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

smallmouth posted:

I understand it alienates some (I've gotten similar comments), but loving whatever.
Don't do this thing, please. It makes so many artists seem prickly and insecure and undermines your justifications. The underpainting thing makes sense and I often do something similar to that, I just wanted to see why you did it.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

smallmouth posted:

Do what thing? I'm not trying to blow off criticism, but if the justification for the critique is, "it's alienating," then I don't know what to say.
Oh, I misread your post. My bad...

my bad...

e: drat I'm posting a lot and not posting drawings. Here's a quick alla prima study I did under weird lighting that made my subject look like he was made of baloney.

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 14, 2015

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

smallmouth posted:

Too late, dude, we're throwing down.
Oh, you're gonna regret when you see my banana peel game, sucker!!

e: Another recent life study so I don't keep posting words & no pictures:

"I look like I have a toothache"
—that guy

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 14, 2015

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

sigma 6 posted:

Here is another random portrait from a friend who is enchanted with her new hat. I seem to still be obsessed with the feel of ballpoint. It feels so much closer to pencil than most ink mediums. I can sketch lightly with ballpoint but not with other pens it seems.
Yeah, ballpoint's great. I use it instead of #2 pencil for sketching nowadays. I love the smooth feel of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Imaginary Friend posted:

Some towny stuff;

these are great!

e: are these for something? I wanna see more :)

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 23, 2015

• Locked thread