Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Looks good to me. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I also have a late (inktober) entry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

This was the one day of inktober I didn't scan.... random heads on the 29th.

Today's drawing... another random head. Ugh. I really need to draw some landscapes or something.

Oh man ... this is really cool reference for posing.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 3, 2015

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Drawing / painting figure group tonight.

Watercolor portrait. I need heavier paper... or less water.... hmm.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I'm quoting this since I can't quote the dead thread BUT when I commented on the picture wiggling, I thought you'd selected the area with a magic wand sorta tool, which makes the defined edges constantly be wiggling with that dotted line moving. It is terrible and I hate it. I didn't know paint tool Sai had a function that lets it ignore lines altogether without reminding you that this here is the area I'm doing it to, can you see it, look I'll make it move a bit, seems a lot better as an option.
The vamp is so loving ripped. Total hunk from the chin down.
Side note: I'd like to see the artist who doesn't sometimes look at their stuff and think they're so full of poo poo it's coming out the brushes. I get it constantly, too, especially on work that I've just finished. They always seem to look better the next day. You can count on me to always want to see your art! That's a shoutout to everyone who I don't comment on too. I always forever will enjoy looking at what other people are drawing, even if you think it's terrible poo poo!

In between threads I made an old hobbit:

Fancypants aristocrap elf

Huggy times with :3: and :catstare:

And then sexy potato

You are a machine. These are great. How many hours a day do you paint?

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Sharpest Crayon: Where / how are you streaming?

smallmouth: Those heads look great.

Here is a tiny sketch of the local bartender.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

watched dope last night and did some sketches while watching the movie. turns out scrawling on the page while watching the movie is not a good way to capture likenesses haha, but i liked the one on the bottom left.

decided to follow up today and do a drawing of kiersey clemons, maybe 15-20 mins from reference. the shoulders are off but i think i got the likeness in the face. might turn this one into a painting

I disagree. I think forcing yourself to draw from moving reference is very hard but definitely helps. Results look pretty good too! Try adjusting levels next time you post though.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Great jazz band tonight.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

I go fight with wax sculpting for a few days and then come back to all this great art! drat - you guys are prolific!!

Here is another random portrait from a friend who is enchanted with her new hat. I seem to still be obsessed with the feel of ballpoint. It feels so much closer to pencil than most ink mediums. I can sketch lightly with ballpoint but not with other pens it seems.

Here is that wax before I ruined the features trying to carve with dentist tools.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 15, 2015

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

sketchezzz

i need a scannerrrr

Love the style here but the eyes are too far apart. If that is on purpose, carry on. Again - don't forget to adjust levels if you can.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

This is really cool!

Here is a crappy cel phone pic of a crappy bar sketch.

• Locked thread