Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I've never really cared for Wheel of the Worst. I'd rather them rip on an actual movie instead of some old exercise video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I would like wheel of the worst a lot more if there was more variety. So much of it is instructional videos of some kind. As others have said, it's a gamble even for the audience.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lurdiak posted:

I would like wheel of the worst a lot more if there was more variety. So much of it is instructional videos of some kind. As others have said, it's a gamble even for the audience.

I'd like if they removed the obviously boring as poo poo videos and left on the ones with at least some potential comedy or discussion value.

Did they really think they'd get anything out of that makeup video or whatever it was?

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Counterpoint: The Osteoporosis Dance.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

I'd like if they removed the obviously boring as poo poo videos and left on the ones with at least some potential comedy or discussion value.

Yeah but then you have the Tree Stand Safety situation.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sleeveless posted:

Wheel of the Worst is fun because instead of the usual "Holy poo poo, this lovely low-budget genre movie has bad special effects and acting!!! :iamafag:" that permeates every other bad movie review gig they get some genuinely bizarre stuff and struggle to comprehend it. Like the one episode where they get a Japanese music video collection about barcodes being the harbinger of the apocalypse, or the octogenarian variety show hosted by the woman who was probably the inspiration for Mrs. Doubtfire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceUSZBMeREY&t=1584s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0wdZHNwV7s&t=1610s
The Japanese music video was great until I learned it was a video made by the Family International Cult that kidnapped children :stonk:

Wheel of the Worst 6 is the best one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA2Z16QiNsE

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
The mystery of Shoji Tabuchi as it lay on the wheel for several episodes and its eventual baffling payoff will always be the best.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i know pre rec isn't very popular but their videos about bloodborne, the order, and alien isolation are the only good game reviewing on the internet.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

i know pre rec isn't very popular but their videos about bloodborne, the order, and alien isolation are the only good game reviewing on the internet.

I liked the UFO ones even though they never finished the campaign. :gbsmith:

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Steve2911 posted:

Did they really think they'd get anything out of that makeup video or whatever it was?

I appreciate them at least trying the Florence Henderson makeup video. I appreciate even more that they moved on from it immediately afterwards.

khwarezm posted:

The mystery of Shoji Tabuchi as it lay on the wheel for several episodes and its eventual baffling payoff will always be the best.

I went to Branson a lot as a kid so I grew up knowing of Shoji Tabuchi. Never saw his act but there were a lot of commercials locally for it so I knew what it was. So I was getting hyped over the idea that they'd eventually have to sit through an entire theater concert of the man and I enjoyed the results.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

It kind of makes me sad though because I pulled my Body Rap out of storage some years back and it didn't work anymore. I didn't leave any batteries in it either, it just didn't work :(

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Groovelord Neato posted:

alien isolation are the only good game reviewing on the internet.

ugh

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sorry you liked a bad game cuz everything they said was correct. was like they was reading my mind.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm sorry your mind sucks.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

khwarezm posted:

That is still my favorite episode just to watch their excitement turn to total baffled confusion once the video actually begins.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

The only major problem with Wheel Of The Worst is that sometimes they spin the titular Wheel fast enough that the VHSes fly off and the wheel is no longer balanced. So we get a "Oh it stopped on X, but then it rolled down to Y instead!" moment.

Hasn't that only happened once?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Wheel of the Worst is great because the 80s-90s home video boom is a vibrant cornucopia of madness that needs desperately to be documented.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

thexerox123 posted:

Hasn't that only happened once?

Twice, iirc. I think I remember both times because the thing it original pick was the one I wanted to see, only to be screwed by gravity.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

Twice, iirc. I think I remember both times because the thing it original pick was the one I wanted to see, only to be screwed by gravity.

They didn't follow the rules! Those fuckres!

*Shakes with rage*

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Having never been anywhere ever near Branson, I was expecting the Shoji Tabuchi show to be a sitcom starring a Japanese man trying his darnedest to fit into an American lifestyle.

What we got wasn't too much different than what I expected, I guess!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
One of my favorite parts of the Shoji Tabuchi episode was when they found Jeffery Dahmer playing in his band.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jesus Christ, I'd forgotten how weird Chewbacca looks in Jedi.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Groovelord Neato posted:

Gahaha.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I love the very rare times when Mike discusses something about video games because you can hear the absolute disdain in his voice.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mike strikes me as the kind of guy who used to play video games a lot though

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

precision posted:

he probably played star trek: klingon

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
He was great in the "Don't poo poo Your Pants" stream.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Lurdiak posted:

I really don't understand people who are bothered by reviewers disagreeing with them, or assume they must be mistaken somehow. People can have differing opinions on media, and that's ok. Jay is completely unimpressed by my favorite movie, but I still respect his views on film in general.

I mean obviously if you find yourself disagreeing with them all the time it would get irritating, but there's no need to get upset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyHedwTb_Q&t=487s

One of the chief reasons I like them is that they actually have a fairly critical opinion of most superheroes movie, when many other youtube reviewer fawn over everything Marvel puts out. I mean, I like those movies, but it is refreshing to hear some nerds actually mention some of the basic flaws of them instead of just counting down every reference.

Same with the new Star Wars. That they mostly poke fun on their supposed obsession and seem to have overall pretty down to earth expectations is just great in a time were a lot of sites basically just run unpaid ads.

edit: Huh, somehow I didn't realize that was way back on the first page.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

?

*guy posts objective fact*

*respond with a bunch of HAs like he's incorrect*

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

e X posted:

One of the chief reasons I like them is that they actually have a fairly critical opinion of most superheroes movie, when many other youtube reviewer fawn over everything Marvel puts out.

Huh, interesting. It actually baffled me that they liked Avengers and Age of Ultron as much as they did. Especially when Rich Evans said that comic book movies should be silly and fun.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

precision posted:

In the handful of Pre_Rec streams where Mike showed up, the gang kept talking about breaking out Dr. Mario for Mike as it seemed to be the only video game he's ever played or liked.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Harveygod posted:

He was great in the "Don't poo poo Your Pants" stream.
Link?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOdgtCemWj8

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

One of my favorite parts of the Shoji Tabuchi episode was when they found Jeffery Dahmer playing in his band.

It's just a side effect of living in Milwaukee. Live here long enough, and you can find a Dahmer everywhere. You don't even need to know what he looks like, it's just instinctive.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
is jessi in the don't poo poo your pants stream because that would be pretty funny.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The Dog Sitter video was pretty good/insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZFuyATj5EI

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You can't post the dog sitter video without the animated version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZNNk14MpEI

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My favorite BotW will always be the Amazing Bulk. How was that made in 2013 :psyduck:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

It bothers me when they destroy what could be one of the few remaining copies of a film.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Toady posted:

It bothers me when they destroy what could be one of the few remaining copies of a film.

The only time that could have been possible was that Bob Rosenberg Finishing video, and I don't think they destroyed that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Toady posted:

RIP National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure :(

• Locked thread