Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm talking God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper.. are any of these games actually any good? I know Facts has a hard on for the Jak series at least. Well, have fun posting in my thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like the Jak series a lot, but the Ratchet and Clank series was better. First game hasn't aged well, there's some lovely PSP games and spinoffs, but that still leaves 6 good-to-excellent games. Jak is a series I love with tons of caveats, but R&C is just fantastic.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

the first couple Gods Of Wars were good+cool op

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They all look good visually but you know, their fairly meh in my opinion otherwise.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i liked the first sly cooper but not the ones after that

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Jak was ok but the rest of them seemed pretty lame 2 me

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Just play this instead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

First Jak, some ratchet and clank and first sly are fun.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

the first couple Gods Of Wars were good+cool op

i like the silhouette fight and the perseus fight in 2. there's a ton of combos but you'll really only use like five of them for a whole playthrough.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/01/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-1132015/

Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return, PSone Classic — Digital (English-language version)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I never grew up with a Playstation and I tried to play God of War a few years ago and it was incredibly bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/01/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-1132015/

Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return, PSone Classic — Digital (English-language version)

Omg

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

Hell yea

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
God of War 3 they got Kevin Sorbo to voice Hercules and Kratos rips off his arms and beats him to death with it, then has a threesome with two babes and after he cums he smashes their skulls with one hand each

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

itll be a crime if sony never gets ps1 games working on ps4

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

itll be a crime if sony never gets ps1 games working on ps4

The purpose of this thread is to find reasons to buy a PS3 besides ^^^ this and Demons Souls.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Whoa awesome

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm poor as hell. :D

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got a PS3 a couple of years ago and it’s been a good time with good exclusives, though some of the games I got it for are probably on the 360 too. I can’t remember lol. Get one, gamer.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i just got a ps3 and these are games im hoping to play on it eventually that made it worth buying for me

metal gear solid legacy collection
zone of enders hd collection
catherine
dragons dogma
ico and shadow of the colossus hd
tokyo jungle
yakuza games
katamari forever
gran turismo 6
demons souls
kingdom hearts 1.5 and 2.5 hd

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

i just got a ps3 and these are games im hoping to play on it eventually that made it worth buying for me

catherine
dragons dogma
tokyo jungle
yakuza games
katamari forever
gran turismo 6
demons souls

id suggest waiting a couple months for dragons dogma on pc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

catherine
dragons dogma
tokyo jungle
yakuza games
katamari forever
gran turismo 6
demons souls
A Quality List

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

catherine
dragons dogma
tokyo jungle
yakuza games
katamari forever
gran turismo 6
demons souls

This is my list, except I dont care abotu Gran TUrismo, and also, I have Dragons Crown, Siren Blood Curse and Ni No KUni on ir. But please... let's talk about the bad games I listed in the OP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I should buy Katamari on PS3, I loved the first one.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I should buy Katamari on PS3, I loved the first one.
It's like a greatest hits compilation of stuff from the previous Katamari games, plus some new content. It's good

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

This is my list, except I dont care abotu Gran TUrismo, and also, I have Dragons Crown, Siren Blood Curse and Ni No KUni on ir. But please... let's talk about the bad games I listed in the OP.

my memory of the god of war series is the day i bought god of war 2 i noticed the tinnitus in my ear and its been there for like 11 years now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

You should play the good R&C games on PS3. There's 2 and 3 in the HD collection, and Crack in Time is also excellent. The original and Tools of Destruction are also good but not amazing. The first game especially has aged poorly.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There's a complete remake of the first R&C game coming to PS4 next year too

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
heres the only 'sclusives you should bother with: resistance, infamous, mag, socom, killzone

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

heres the only 'sclusives you should bother with: resistance, infamous, mag, socom, killzone

KILLZONE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

Mag lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I hope it's not just a tie-in to promote the movie.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

:cheerdoge: :shibe:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
RIP MAG, the game I got to play two times.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only played OPM demos of Jak 2 but I enjoyed what there was, and it was a huge game with a lot of open world stuff which was amazing to 11 year old me or whatever. Anyway Ratchet & Clank was really good. Lots of fun platforming and fun boss fights. It was hard but I never felt frustrated playing it. Also a lot of the weapons are fairly crazy, which is cool.

SOCOM 2 was really fun but I doubt it aged well... The controls were awkward even at the time...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hope it's not just a tie-in to promote the movie.
I think it kind of is

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

my memory of the god of war series is the day i bought god of war 2 i noticed the tinnitus in my ear and its been there for like 11 years now.

Goondolences.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

don't play Infamous by the way. It's like a superhero game except all the cool powers are replaced with different guns and grenades from a generic cover shooter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think it's a new game/reboot, not a remake. It looks insanely gorgeous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I really want it to be good, I love that series.

• Locked thread