Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont feel like sony could win with that game, like even the characters that make good sense to include, like sweet tooth, i dont want to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i dont feel like sony could win with that game, like even the characters that make good sense to include, like sweet tooth, i dont want to see
I think the fundamental design wasn't that good either, the "only super moves kill" thing didn't work well, and the balance was hosed.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

the medevil guy was a good choice i thought. when i looked up videos of it i was blown away that freaking raiden was in it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember when Infamous and Prototype both launched around the same time and there was a lot of heated debate online about which superpower game was better, the game where you play as a guy who shoots small lightning bolts at boring enemies and climbs up things really slowly, or the game where you play as John Carpenter's The Thing and insanely brutally slaughter thousands of zombies and tanks with grenade launchers and flesh-whips and that lets you get a power where you can bounce insanely high in the air by piledriving people and you could travel down several blocks just by piledriving a person in sequence.

polease dont compare prototype to the thing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i just got a ps3 and these are games im hoping to play on it eventually that made it worth buying for me

metal gear solid legacy collection
zone of enders hd collection
catherine
dragons dogma
ico and shadow of the colossus hd
tokyo jungle
yakuza games
katamari forever
gran turismo 6
demons souls
kingdom hearts 1.5 and 2.5 hd

I bought a PS3 to play Tokyo Jungle. 'Twas epic.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I bought a PS3 to play Tokyo Jungle. 'Twas epic.

it was on sale for like $1 last christmas so i bought just because i knew if i ever got a ps3, id want it

Turbo Saxaphonic
Apr 29, 2004

Pikaaaaaaaa
God of War games are just babies first Devil May Cry\Ninja Gaiden and are really bad.

Ratchet and Clank and Sly are good tho. Also you forgot Twisted Metal which is hit in miss.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In case anyone missed it Sony put out a survey a few weeks ago asking some people what they looked forward to most on their PS4, mos tof the options were dumb UI/social networking stuff but the last two options were PS1 Classics and PS2 Classics. I'm sure we'll never see ps3 because of PSNOW

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Benny D posted:

In case anyone missed it Sony put out a survey a few weeks ago asking some people what they looked forward to most on their PS4, mos tof the options were dumb UI/social networking stuff but the last two options were PS1 Classics and PS2 Classics. I'm sure we'll never see ps3 because of PSNOW

i wish they'd just do backwards compatibility because i dont wanna keep my aging fat ps3 forever but i probably will.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

zen death robot posted:

I'd be surprised if the PS4 could ever be made backwards compatible with the PS3

yeah i should've said its probably too hard, but goddamn this big heavy thing

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Idk why they don't just emulate or do am Xbox one dealie

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

because the ps3 is incredibly hosed up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

my "superslim" ps3 is twice the size of my wii u and can also heat up an entire room

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Because the Xbox One... well... You know.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

my "superslim" ps3 is twice the size of my wii u and can also heat up an entire room

ive had my ps3 on for hours lately and its been cold so that's been nice

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i need to beat all my ps3 games in a year because i dont expect it to survive longer than that without catching fire

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Because the PS4 has the correct RAM.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's hosed up that the Xbone has the wrong flipping ram and it can still have backwards compatibility with the 360.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

speaking of The Thing, was the PS2 survival horror game any good?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

its what made me watch the movie, but no.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bolverkur posted:

no

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

crunk dork posted:

Just play this instead

I played this for 5 minutes in the Skydome in 1998. It was underwhelming.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Turbo Saxaphonic posted:

God of War games are just babies first Devil May Cry\Ninja Gaiden and are really bad.

Ratchet and Clank and Sly are good tho. Also you forgot Twisted Metal which is hit in miss.

Twisted Metal has aged terribly.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Remember 989 Studios?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

It's hosed up that the Xbone has the wrong flipping ram and it can still have backwards compatibility with the 360.

cell processor in the ps3 is supposedly very hosed up terminator arm from the future device that makes my head hurt if i try to read about exactly why that is past like the 3rd paragraph of wtf information. sony made a console with a processor design that was only understood by a handful of people who were not game designers.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

cell processor in the ps3 is supposedly very hosed up terminator arm from the future device that makes my head hurt if i try to read about exactly why that is past like the 3rd paragraph of wtf information. sony made a console with a processor design that was only understood by a handful of people who were not game designers.

You need the ram replaced in your brain dude.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Remember 989 Studios?

syphon filter ruled, setting bad guys on fire with the taser never got old

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2wKbELWCSg

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I miss the early 2000s the best times ever was from 1993-2005 wish i was born than instead of 2001 today the music is stupid like ariana grandae and rionna todays hits are todays shits. I now feel old and im only 13

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

It was going to be cutting edge technology but they forget that making this crazy proprietary processor tech means nobody is going to be good at using it and thats a big part of why so many games have either an extremely bad xbox and pc port or an extremely bad ps3 port. Or so I gather

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I miss the early 2000s the best times ever was from 1993-2005 wish i was born than instead of 2001 today the music is stupid like ariana grandae and rionna todays hits are todays shits. I now feel old and im only 13

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

First Jak, some ratchet and clank and first sly are fun.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

It was going to be cutting edge technology but they forget that making this crazy proprietary processor tech means nobody is going to be good at using it and thats a big part of why so many games have either an extremely bad xbox and pc port or an extremely bad ps3 port. Or so I gather

it's.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm talking God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper.. are any of these games actually any good? I know Facts has a hard on for the Jak series at least. Well, have fun posting in my thread.

No.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Whirlwind Jones posted:

tfw instead of playing god of war while listening to Creed - Human Clay , you play Bejewelled while listeing to the ariana grandee song where she's escape meteors with her fat boyfriedn

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Here's a retarded looking comment: those games are the Dreamworks to Nintendo's Pixar

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

White Genocide posted:

Here's a retarded looking comment: those games are the Dreamworks to Nintendo's Pixar

Retarded or not, that's how I always saw it too.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

like most dreamworks movies, the originals are good and the sequels are garbage.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You are not gonna convince me that the jew Jerry Seinfeld's movie about white women race mixing with insects is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

they're not all winners, but the first shrek movie was pretty good, and the jew Woody Allens movie about communist ant uprising was ok.

• Locked thread