Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

I've had one of these for like 15 years and it's still great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Peugeot pepper mills are a revelation.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

If we're talking pepper mills, what should I look for if I want to deliver a poo poo load of pepper in a short amount of time. Like, more pepper than is necessary by normal standards. I have a peugeot, and maybe its just worn out but I end up grinding that thing for a full minute some times.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

https://youtu.be/miz20QRTY-s

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Fruits of the sea posted:

If we're talking pepper mills, what should I look for if I want to deliver a poo poo load of pepper in a short amount of time. Like, more pepper than is necessary by normal standards. I have a peugeot, and maybe its just worn out but I end up grinding that thing for a full minute some times.

Unicorns have the highest PPS (pepper per second) throughput of any pepper mill

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Lmao thanks, those are going on the Christmas wish list.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Get the Peugeot for looks and ultra fine pepper, the magnum for quickly grinding huge amounts of pepper.

The Peugeot at the table and the magnum by the range is probably the way to go.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

I have the 9 inch version but it looks like it's discontinued? I like it because I don't have to fill it with peppercorns that often and the unicorn is a bitch to fill. That's the only negative thing I'd say about it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Croatoan posted:

I have the 9 inch version but it looks like it's discontinued? I like it because I don't have to fill it with peppercorns that often and the unicorn is a bitch to fill. That's the only negative thing I'd say about it.

I have the small one and the capacity is massive. Even the small one can be pretty hard to find these days, seems like its just always sold out. I think the big one got rebranded as a restaurant thing?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I guess I use a lot of pepper. The wife always bitches that I do, maybe she hasn't been wrong which is what I want to believe.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I stopped using my unicorn. The grind just isnt fine enough. The peugeot I bought to replace it does a better job.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

So googling "Unicorn Magnum" in my country returns bongs, industrial farming equipment and gundams. Thank you for enriching my google ads, thread.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

No Wave posted:

I stopped using my unicorn. The grind just isnt fine enough. The peugeot I bought to replace it does a better job.

Croatoan posted:

I guess I use a lot of pepper. The wife always bitches that I do, maybe she hasn't been wrong which is what I want to believe.

Well there is certainly a product for you: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mannkitchen/mannkitchen-pepper-cannon-the-pepper-mill-for-pepper-lovers

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
that thing looks like it owns but holy hell i cannot fathom spending that much for a pepper grinder

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

BraveUlysses posted:

that thing looks like it owns but holy hell i cannot fathom spending that much for a pepper grinder

You can tell it's overpriced because of how many clicks it takes to find out the price

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

The unicorns were sold out a few months ago. They make most of it in the US but get the grinder mechanism from Italy so when they run it off that part they have to wait for parts.

I've got 2 now one that lives in the kitchen and one that stays on the dining room table.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

captkirk posted:

I'm getting sick of broiling toast in my oven and I was thinking of buying the first toaster of my adult life but a friend pointed out a toaster oven would be more versatile. If I'm going to buy something that large I'd like it to replace my air fryer as well so I'm looking a toaster oven capable of convection cooking.

Right now I'm trying to decide between the Anova Combi-Oven and the Breville Smart Oven. The Breville has a larger interior, but the Anova is the fancy new hotness.

EDIT: Not really worried about the cost difference. Just which is more likely to be most useful.

I just bought a Brevile Smart Oven (the biggest one they make), and I love it.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Mann Canon looks like some bitch-made pepper mill poo poo:

https://www.hammacher.com/product/pepperphiles-peppermill

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Sportman posted:

I just bought a Brevile Smart Oven (the biggest one they make), and I love it.

Yeah I've used one as my only oven, toaster, dehydrator, etc for many years.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I'm looking for a gift to ask my wife to give to me (at her request) and I figured I'd just ask for a spice grinder to supplement my mortar and pestle. Here's how Amazon categorizes the Krups blade grinder:

:doh: Thanks amazon!

But anyway, I've seen that Krups model and the Cuisinart spice and nut grunder suggested for spice grinders. Any other one I should consider?

I probably shouldn't wave waited so long to ask for a gift, those poor delivery drivers are probably busy enough as it is.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Get the Peugeot for looks and ultra fine pepper, the magnum for quickly grinding huge amounts of pepper.

The Peugeot at the table and the magnum by the range is probably the way to go.

I’m faithful to my one pepper mill, Flash Gordon Ramsay have two pepper mill. Flash Gordon Ramsay is pepper mill gently caress boi

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

My peppermill just stays in the kitchen and we reach from there to the dining room table because we can, with our 3' peppermill, idiots

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

I’m faithful to my one pepper mill, Flash Gordon Ramsay have two pepper mill. Flash Gordon Ramsay is pepper mill gently caress boi

BE THAT AS IT MAY

my table grinder is actually an ikea

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Peugeot in the streets, unicorn in the sheets.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Fruits of the sea posted:

So googling "Unicorn Magnum" in my country returns bongs, industrial farming equipment and gundams. Thank you for enriching my google ads, thread.

no bad dragon products? :confused:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I feel like youtube's ad algorithm finally gets me now that they're showing me Robotcoupe commercials

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

It takes up more space but I love the crank handle pepper mills over the door knob ones.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

I feel like at this price you could just get a dope coffee grinder for even more versatility.

I like this one, even has a twist handle you can pop out
https://www.oehandgrinders.com/LIDO-3-_c_30.html

e: I'm definitely tempted by the pepper cannon sales pitch, though.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Eeyo posted:

I'm looking for a gift to ask my wife to give to me (at her request) and I figured I'd just ask for a spice grinder to supplement my mortar and pestle. Here's how Amazon categorizes the Krups blade grinder:

But anyway, I've seen that Krups model and the Cuisinart spice and nut grunder suggested for spice grinders. Any other one I should consider?

I probably shouldn't wave waited so long to ask for a gift, those poor delivery drivers are probably busy enough as it is.

I've got the Krups model and for the price, I don't really think you could ask for a better spice grinder.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Eeyo posted:

we used the krups one in restaurants as well, it really is the best bang for your buck.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

We used to use a magic bullet blender in the one kitchen I worked in to grind stuff super fine.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I have that same Krups grinder, or an almost identical one. I purchased it 10 years ago and it still gets the job done.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Eeyo posted:

I have the Bosch blade grinder and it works wonderfully. It's probably at a similar price point to the Krups.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I'm also familiar with the Krups one and one thing to add I've always been warned, if you want to use it for coffee, get a dedicated one for coffee. Otherwise you'll get a coffee stank in your spices and vice versa.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Croatoan posted:

I'm also familiar with the Krups one and one thing to add I've always been warned, if you want to use it for coffee, get a dedicated one for coffee. Otherwise you'll get a coffee stank in your spices and vice versa.

Same thing for weed

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

1redflag posted:

Same thing for weed

Do... do you use an electric coffee/spice grinder for weed?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lawnie posted:

I've heard stories that they work really well

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
They do as long as that's the only thing you're gonna use the grinder for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Lawnie posted:

This is the normal use case for most grinders sold in weed consuming areas I would think.