Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
SEGA RULES NINTENDO DROOLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I'm crying because these are some great deals but I already own almost everything I need and the things I don't have I can't afford.

I'm in the same boat and as I was buying a new sous vide the deal died. But gravity told me on FB that I can send my broken anova in and possibly get a new one or it working at the very least so I took that saved hundred bucks and bought weed.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Is there such a thing as a liquid nitrogen gun? I'm imagining cooling the surface of a sous vide steak enough to minimize over cooking when searing. I know negative griddles exist but im imagining a torch that sprays liquid nitrogen like doctor freeze.

Also i am likely crazy and this is one of my dumber ideas which is saying something.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

I may have been a lot to very stoned when I asked that no need to fight fellas!

I also forgot ice baths exist:11tea:

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Speaking of nonstick anyone got a good rec for a nonstick pan? The weird over large one I bought two years ago has been tearing my eggs and I don't think it's even made anymore.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

wormil posted:

Hmmm, I make pork shoulders all the time in my Instant Pot. Did you buy the 3qt by mistake or something?

Lot of variance even between the butt and picnic let alone whole shoulders

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

What I buy looks more or less like this: https://recipesorreservations.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/picnic-shoulder-details.jpg?w=630 (imgur doesn't let you upload from mobile anymore?)

The whole thing can be bigger or smaller, the arm part can be longer or shorter, but this general idea. It yields about two 7-cup tupperwares full of pulled pork.

e: and I definitely don't put anything in the crock pot with it. Seasonings and a little water for the bottom, but nothing with volume.

Yeah that's what I normally get, yours must be fairly small unless you're just cramming them in there! Not sure what butcher you're grabbing from in the secret neighborhood.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm not shy about cramming. It's all gonna be pulled pork anyway, so sometimes I cut off a bit and rearrange it. Also, the oval (not round) crock pot is crucial!

I think you can get them in pretty much any grocery store here, I'm not going to an actual butcher. Check out one of the big ones on Greenpoint sometime, or the big Key Food. On sale they should be under $1/lb, which is what got me trying them in the first place.

Goddamn, I do get all my meat from a bourgeoisie butcher but it averages like 4-5 a pound.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

What bourgeois butchers even are there here? Or do you schlep from Manhattan all the time?

I live in Cobble Hill, I just love butcher shops and always like hearing if there are particular ones to make a trek for.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you are making anything that requires the motor to really work like dough or even chopping lots of veg the motor will fry on the cheap ones.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

You can make shakshuka pretty easily by dumping some prego, cheddar, and eggs in a glass bowl and microwaving it for five minutes so not sure why you all are messing around with cast iron.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Any recs for pizza peels? Like 14-16 inches the amazon choice one looks sorta janky (the aluminum looks like it would easily bend) Hoping to spend less than fifty but could do more.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

probably metal, every time I've used a wood one it is a bit too thick bc i suck at pizza

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Thanks for the input everyone, I bought that amazons choice one and may end up buying a wooden one as well, I'll see how launching goes.

I don't even know why I make my own pizza I live in new york there are like six places I can walk to that will make a better pie than me. Tho my gf loves "pizza night" with friends (aka I make a bunch of pizzas while people drink) so hoping the peel results in fewer burns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

I loving love my zoji and while I’m worried every time I use it bc have an odd feeling I may be getting it all wrong the only time it has been bad is when I massively hosed brown rice measurements up.