Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!

Invisible Ted posted:

Does anyone know if this maltodextrin is different from tapioca maltodextrin for modernist stuff?

http://labelpeelers.com/maltodextrin-1-lb/?gclid=CjwKEAiA2IO0BRDXmLndksSB0WgSJADNKqqov6wzx0tTKVYmfkH4kPkOCYQ1maN0nSmx4yRduvIvehoC_yLw_wcB

This is a really good price but I don't want to get the wrong thing, and I would also rather get it somewhere that I can also get sodium citrate.

Further, does anyone have a trusted site with affordable gastronomy ingredients?

It's probably not the same. Dave Arnold on Cooking Issues has mentioned many times you can't just get tapioca maltodextrin either it has to be tapioca maltodextrin N-Zorbit M.

Willpowder and modernist pantry are both reliable sources where you can also get sodium citrate and other chemicals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
Man, I've had my Artisan for 11 years and it's still going strong and has been used for hundreds and hundreds of flour worth of bread, cakes, and cookies and hundreds of egg whites worth of meringue based icings. I prefer having a tilt head for processes that require adding ingredients at various steps in time though I guess they make bowl attachment things to help with that if you have a bowl lift.