Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Thermoworks is having a Black Friday sale through Monday.
http://www.thermoworks.com/specials/?tw=HBF
The new MK4 Themapen is $80 and the classic is $70 + a bunch of other stuff is on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

The Peugeot pepper grinder came in the mail two days ago. It's handsome as gently caress and grinds boss pepper and now I want one for salt cuz it looks so handsome. (I got the Natural finish. Kinda sad now that I didn't get a Chocolate finish so I could buy a Natural-finish one for salt and still be able to tell them apart.)

EDIT: Oh, this is the other Kitchen Equipment thread.

Oh well, my point still stands. Peugeot makes sexy rear end pepper mills. :colbert:

The brass screw on top has a P or a S to differentiate the salt and pepper grinders. :ssh: But I had the same thought as you after I got my natural finish pepper one.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

YMMV but the Homegoods near me has the Blendtec Classic 570 for only $150.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

rgocs posted:

Wow, I wish I had one of those stores nearby. I'm currently shopping for a blender and the 575's $420 list price is way out of my budget. Is the Breville Hemisphere Control still considered a good blender? I'm eyeing it on sale at amazon.ca for ~$153 USD.

You can get a refurbished Blendtec Total Blender off ebay right now for $175 with their memorial day coupon code. Not sure about the Breville, their other products are well regarded though.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Get this one because it’s all steel and the official plastic ones don’t feel as sturdy manly.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

I use 5 gallon buckets with a gamma seal lid for my flour. But not really worth it unless you're buying 25# bags, 25# fits in a 5 gallon bucket pretty much perfectly. I know Lowes carries them in store, don't recall if Home Depot does.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Lowes sells plain white food grade buckets, but I think their branded ones are food safe as well.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

El Mero Mero posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a dehydrator?

The Excalibur and their rebranded ones are great, I had the "Omega" branded one for a few years. They show up on Woot for sale pretty often, they've got the 9 tray with no timer for 170 right now.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

What’s the rebranded one called

Mine was an Omega, exactly the same as the Excalibur as far as I could tell but white instead of black. It doesn't look like its available anymore, I bought mine back around 2013. I think I've seen another brand in the past as well but don't recall what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

I read through a lot of aebelskiver pan reviews and noticed one very important complaint: they don’t make perfectly spherical balls, they are slightly flat like curling stones. If you want perfectly spherical balls then you should check out deez nuts a takoyaki pan

Well you turn them when you cook them so that's why, could you even call them æbleskiver if you cooked them in a takoyaki pan? takoyaki are quite a bit smaller.

Get a cast iron one. Lodge makes a cheap one and it looks like Nopro has one too. Or if you like them enough, Le Creuset makes one.