Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai
San Jamar has oven mitts and cutting boards on clearance.

https://www.sanjamar.com/

$4 for 18x24 original cutting boards and $9 for 15x20 T-Grip.

I bought several to use as gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai
I have slow cooked in my instant pot multiple times. Also, found a glass lid from other pots that fits perfectly.

The lid on my Evo Duo Plus does pressurize slightly even during slow cooking so a different lid can help if you care about this.

I have a chili recipe that throws the burn warning in the Evo so now I slow cook it instead of pressure cook.

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai

Vim Fuego posted:

Thanks for the previous responses.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a french style rolling pin? My wife was making pie crust and mentioned wanting one

I bought a 20" purpleheart French rolling pin off Etsy recently. The purple red color is nice.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1004242392/french-rolling-pin-wooden-rolling-pin

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai

obi_ant posted:

I'm going to deep fry some stuff for the first time tomorrow in my cast iron crock pot. What do I do with the spent oil? What is the best way to dispose of it? Any other tips for a first time fryer?

I like saving a juice or milk carton to put the used oil in. I use a funnel to make it easier to pour in.

If you have a small amount of oil, you can put a zip lock bag in a pint glass and pour it in.