Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

It would be cool if the religious ghoul you sent up in the rocket somehow survived the trip and there was a little callback to it in the new game.

I dig that kind of stuff.

They came back in the ending to save Novac from the Legion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder if the Outcasts from Fallout 3 are gonna be anywhere in it. People complained about how Bethesda basically missed the point of the Brotherhood in 3 by turning them into goodie two shoes, but at least they acknowledge their original attitude with the Outcasts. Plus their armour looked sweet.

With any hope the DC Brotherhood we'll likely see in Boston haven't aged so well in the years after F03 and NV. Lyons is probably dead and if cracks of traditionalists were showing then, they've probably reverted to some of their older ways without the softies being in the highest reigns of power anymore. But it would also be interesting to see what became of the Outcasts themselves all the same.

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

It would be cool if the Enclave were anything but terrible in these games. They were interesting in the older Fallout games but in 3 they were just bleh.

My personal wish is that any Beth game in Chicago uses ED-E and sort of flips the script between the Enclave and the Brotherhood. The Enclave Remnants are just looking for somewhere to settle after being chased between east and west coasts and a certain chapter of the Brotherhood's gone all Steel Menace. One's kind of "nicer" than the other, but you could possibly transform the Enclave into something arguably benevolent while you become strange bedfellows fending off Brotherhood Scum.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 4, 2015

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Pwnstar posted:

They came back in the ending to save Novac from the Legion.

Well drat, I missed that completely.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

bloodychill posted:

My heart sank a little when I was watching that new gameplay vid and saw it had the exact same mini-games just moved to a new engine. I may have been one of three people who liked the hacking game when they first introduced it but they needed to do something else this time around.

Hacking is different now in that instead of telling you you've got 2/5 or whatever characters right, it just says "Likeness ##". Which is a really oddball change honestly.

I was hoping lockpicking would have a cutaway of a lock with the pins and tumblers exposed as I really like those for some drat reason, but I can understand not everyone would appreciate the change.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Does bethesda give review copies of its games to sites/annoying twitch personalities? They seem to be really committed to not letting anything leak.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Crabtree posted:

My personal wish is that any Beth game in Chicago

Or set the game in Detroit and spend the entire playthrough wondering if the bombs have already fallen or not.

Internet Kraken posted:

I think the idea behind Fallout 3 was supposed to be that because the capital got nuked so hard, rebuilding was not something the people there could do easily. The lack of resources combined with the lovely state of, well, everything meant that people were locked into a perpetual cycle of just barely managing to survive. It definitely wasn't executed correctly though. One thing that bugs me about Fallout 3's environments, and I think New Vegas is guilty of this as well in some areas, is that even the ones people live in look filthy. Yeah it makes sense that their buildings are all ramshackle and focused on functionality over aesthetics. Doesn't make sense that everyone leaves tons of poo poo just lying on the ground instead of cleaning up.

If you just tidied up the textures for the houses and removed all the useless clutter on the floors, those places would look a lot less lovely.

It also really lowered the stakes when the plot point was basically that of Fallout 2 all over again. Just now instead of wiping out the population of California/etc they're using their nearly invincible army of extremely mobile powered infantry to poison the local water supply in order to wipe out the Republic of Dave and really put the squeeze on Megaton.

Oh no.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
That is really unfortunate for hacking, but I kind of get burned out on that mini game half way through a play through anyway.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Avocados posted:

Does bethesda give review copies of its games to sites/annoying twitch personalities? They seem to be really committed to not letting anything leak.

i was just watching a leaked stream. spoilers: looks like fallout 3.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I hope I can leave the dog in the starter area

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I want a customization robot NPC buddy. And I don't just mean different weapons and stuff, I mean a totally different chassis and everything. Tank treads, anti-grav, whatever. I want all the options.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Holy poo poo this thread really is better than the other right now

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Its slow, because having two threads for the same topic is a bad idea.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Avocados posted:

poo poo's leaking like a sieve. Review copies have been sent out and the embargo is up the day before release. They're giving the reviewers plenty of time to play so I don't think they're really trying to hide anything though.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
This thread is pretty bad but the other one is jaw dropping, like some of those posts would stand out as particularly terrible in the GBS hellthread.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Avocados posted:

I think one of the first leaks was a copy sent to a youtube streamer of some kind

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i really dislike the simplified dialgoue options

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Relin posted:

I don't really care either way, Bethesda dialogue isn't very good so it doesn't really matter to me how it's presented.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Constant Hamprince posted:

I don't really care either way, Bethesda dialogue isn't very good so it doesn't really matter to me how it's presented.

I look forward to witnessing a bored, poorly-directed Troy Baker try to emote during a "dramatic" sequence

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Constant Hamprince posted:

as long as brown, green, and blue keep sliding towards the screen i'm happy.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Droid posted:

Its slow, because having two threads for the same topic is a bad idea.

im pretty sure we'll live

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
did everybody preorder the season pass that no information has been released for???

going by its placement in the steam sales, yes

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Internet Kraken posted:

I think the idea behind Fallout 3 was supposed to be that because the capital got nuked so hard, rebuilding was not something the people there could do easily. The lack of resources combined with the lovely state of, well, everything meant that people were locked into a perpetual cycle of just barely managing to survive. It definitely wasn't executed correctly though. One thing that bugs me about Fallout 3's environments, and I think New Vegas is guilty of this as well in some areas, is that even the ones people live in look filthy. Yeah it makes sense that their buildings are all ramshackle and focused on functionality over aesthetics. Doesn't make sense that everyone leaves tons of poo poo just lying on the ground instead of cleaning up.

If you just tidied up the textures for the houses and removed all the useless clutter on the floors, those places would look a lot less lovely.

thats what i thought too but everyone just kept saying its "pulp" to be like that so i guess it is what it is

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dusty Lens posted:

It also really lowered the stakes when the plot point was basically that of Fallout 2 all over again. Just now instead of wiping out the population of California/etc they're using their nearly invincible army of extremely mobile powered infantry to poison the local water supply in order to wipe out the Republic of Dave and really put the squeeze on Megaton.

Oh no.

It wasn't exactly the same. Poisoning the water was only President Robot's plan to wipe out all the undesirable mutants and contaminated folk. His second in command, whose name I cannot remember, was trying to take control of the water purifier so the Enclave could distribute the water and effectively control the area as a result. So the President was going to purge the land while the general just wanted to set up the Enclave as "benevolent" rulers. This would of worked better if the general didn't talk and act like a stereotypical villain and the Enclave also wasn't being cartoonishly evil.

Luceid posted:

thats what i thought too but everyone just kept saying its "pulp" to be like that so i guess it is what it is

I can get calling ramshackle settlements pulp but why does the inside of every house have to have a bunch of poo poo covering the ground? Its just pretty dumb that the major difference between a place like Tenpenny Tower and Megaton is that the former has recovered the long lost technology of the broom.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Relin posted:

I wouldn't mind them so much if you didn't get locked into one chain of dialogue per option.

Unless that was just a rumor and you can in fact go back and ask stuff or be a sarcastic dick afterwards.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Capn Beeb posted:

I wouldn't mind them so much if you didn't get locked into one chain of dialogue per option.

Unless that was just a rumor and you can in fact go back and ask stuff or be a sarcastic dick afterwards.

my first character is going to be rick from rick and morty, so i already know what route im going

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Internet Kraken posted:

I can get calling ramshackle settlements pulp but why does the inside of every house have to have a bunch of poo poo covering the ground? Its just pretty dumb that the major difference between a place like Tenpenny Tower and Megaton is that the former has recovered the long lost technology of the broom.

World War 4 will happen when the NCR catches wind of the east coast's superior cleaning power. I just hope the Republic of Dave has kept up its military budget and still has a hunting rifle.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Eonwe I like you and all but what is the point of this thread again

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

The point of this thread, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is to not be the other thread.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Then that is the only endeavour in which we have succeeded

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm looking forward to having a good time with my dog!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I hope you brought a parachute.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Same *leaves thread to go play fetch*

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Luceid posted:

So what I'm gathering is that the wasteland would just be a much nicer place if everyone learned to clean their damned rooms.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think maybe its possible that people in a post-apocalyptic world especially outside of things like organized city settlements would stop caring about decorum, prolly be depressed and crazy, etc

Like there are goons with bedrooms messier than the houses in Fallout

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

I think maybe its possible that people in a post-apocalyptic world especially outside of things like organized city settlements would stop caring about decorum, prolly be depressed and crazy, etc

Like there are goons with bedrooms messier than the houses in Fallout

This is true and a fair point. Also, New Vegas is kind of funny because some places really are clean like Goodsprings. That doctor has all his weird junk that he keeps for brain problem reasons in good order.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

bloodychill posted:

This is true and a fair point. Also, New Vegas is kind of funny because some places really are clean like Goodsprings. That doctor has all his weird junk that he keeps for brain problem reasons in good order.

It is a century and a bit more after the bombs fell iirc, not to mention New Vegas and the surrounding area got by a bit better thanks to Mr. House. After that amount of time there is no reason to be living in scrap heaps and garbage piles the way it was mistakenly presented in fallout 3.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
again, you're literally posting on an internet forum with people who live in trash heaps and garbage piles in the first world in 2015

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

again, you're literally posting on an internet forum with people who live in trash heaps and garbage piles in the first world in 2015

When the internet is shut off the first thing you do is gnash your teeth and curse.

Then you clean your room, hoping that the act will appease some unknown power.

This is a well documented fact.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
You know what actually bothers me is that they keep listening to the same old world music and don't bother to form new bands. Like, if post-apocalyptic movies like Fury Road and Six String Samurai have taught me something, it's that original bands are pretty key to having a good time in the wasteland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~
I hope this is good :)

• Locked thread