Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Let's kill some time before s2 by posting our lists of favourite tracks from s1. We already decided our wrong opinions as a group, so now let's unleash some wrong opinions individually. Here's my list copy-pasted from IRC. I definitely lean more towards contemporary sounds hence why great tracks like Stupid Bitch didn't make it:

quote:

10. Sexy Getting Ready Song
09. Gettin’ Bi
08. Sex With a Stranger
07. Oh My God I Think I Like You
06. Feelin’ Kinda Naughty
05. I Give Good Parent
04. A Boy Band Made Up of Four Joshes
03. Put Yourself First
02. What’ll It Be?
01. JAP Battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Let's kill some time before s2 by posting our lists of favourite tracks from s1. We already decided our wrong opinions as a group, so now let's unleash some wrong opinions individually. Here's my list copy-pasted from IRC. I definitely lean more towards contemporary sounds hence why great tracks like Stupid Bitch didn't make it:

I'll do this later for sure but :agreed: Also if we're gonna do a new thread sooner rather than later imo. Who wants to make it? If we pick someone now we won't have to worry about any scrambled rush to be the OP

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
10) After Everything I've Done For You
9) JAP Battle (glee alum spotted!!)
8) Heavy Boobs
7) Feeling Kinda Naughty
6) Gettin' Bi
5) Sexy Getting Ready Song
4) Oh My God I Think I like You
3) What'll it Be
2) Stupid Bitch
1) Cold Showers

I love The Music Man.

I'm bowing out of the candidates for OP. I've made my CW comedy OP for the season.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think everyone would love my OP that descends rapidly into a screed about how much I loving hate Josh

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
10) Darryl's techno song
9-3) Every other song, except
2) I'm A Good Person
1) JAP Battle

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

You could maybe tweak the order a bit, and there are some that could make the cut if you take context into account, but judged on their own merits these are the top five, easily.

5) I Love My Daughter (But Not In a Creepy Way)
4) Settle for Me
3) Sexy Getting Ready Song
2) Getting Bi
1) I Could If I Wanted To

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

EmmyOk posted:

I think everyone would love my OP that descends rapidly into a screed about how much I loving hate Josh
I don't really disagree. A crazy OP for a crazy show, I guess.
Hating Josh is kinda reasonable. As long as you show emotions about it it will turn out fine.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Hating Josh is offset by loving White Josh

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was considering making it, with the gimmick being "A Diary Entry by Rebecca Bunch" complete with a picture of Josh with a stalkershot overlay and hearts drawn around his face, a picture of Valencia and Josh, but with Rebecca's head pasted onto Valencia's, and so on.

Then I realized that was a lot of work and lost interest.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Senerio posted:

I was considering making it, with the gimmick being "A Diary Entry by Rebecca Bunch" complete with a picture of Josh with a stalkershot overlay and hearts drawn around his face, a picture of Valencia and Josh, but with Rebecca's head pasted onto Valencia's, and so on.

Then I realized that was a lot of work and lost interest.

I've an idea for something like this and I've totally turned around on my position and want to write the OP for a new thread if no one has any objections? I will keep the Josh diatribe in a footnote at the end

hope and vaseline posted:

Hating Josh is offset by loving White Josh

I'm just a lonely chief looking for his White Josh

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
I have, like you all, annoyed dozens of friends by ambushing them with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend videos. There are generally three responses.

1) Person keeps checking Facebook on phone, looks up every ten seconds or so to chuckle politely. They don't notice when I pause and rewind to make sure they caught amazing_lyric_001.
2) Person generally pays attention to video but is emotionally unprepared and it doesn't really sink in. Later, they rewatch from home and message me that OH NOW I GET IT and they've watched the first ten episodes already.
3) SQUEEEEEEEEs of delight, and they demand more and more and I fall asleep to them watching "West Covina".

This is the ranking of Top Ten CXG Videos that Will Sell Your Friends on the Show

#10 West Covina
Group Hang
What'll It Be?
You Stupid Bitch
Settle For Me
Jap Battle Rap
Where's the Bathroom?
I Give Good Parent
Sexy Getting Ready Song
#1 Textmergency

I just realized that only two of these are guy-centric. Tough titty.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Am I a bad person since I sometimes see the relationship troubles of friends as a reflection of this show? At least recently when I thought about it again.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is a bit exaggerated, but it is incredibly real and you often notice that the writers, put a lot of effort and personal experience into this.
This show really resonates with me and actually helps me understand some situations which I don't have any personal experience with.

I cant wait for it to return. I hope it is still that good! Without this thread I'd never have given it a chance. I guess that's why I asked for a new one. Maybe a well done fresh OP might actually convince a few more people to give it a chance.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Greg's self sabotage was brutal to witness.

His dickishness that graduated into assholery? Totally fine. And relatable.

But eesh, seeing him lean into that sarcasm like a security blanket once his self-doubt creeps in.... yeah.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There's a reason I made the losers bracket in my tournament Greg themed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna write the OP tonight when I get home from work!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Writing it up now gang!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Greg's self sabotage was brutal to witness.

His dickishness that graduated into assholery? Totally fine. And relatable.

But eesh, seeing him lean into that sarcasm like a security blanket once his self-doubt creeps in.... yeah.

I honestly don't get everyone's love affair with Greg and I'm a Greg myself.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

EmmyOk posted:

Writing it up now gang!

maybe ask the OP if it's okay first at least

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sober posted:

maybe ask the OP if it's okay first at least

My bad my friend I literally just posted the new season two thread. I can get a mod to delete it though if you really want. Honestly a mistake, thought you'd have seen it when I posted in thread to ask a few days ago.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 16, 2016

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

EmmyOk posted:

My bad my friend I literally just posted it, I can get a mod to delete it though if you want! Honestly a mistake
Don't bother because you've already put the work into it and I haven't started anyway.

I'm not gonna bother being passive aggressive, so yeah, I'm pretty miffed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I appreciate that, genuinely in the wrong for not thinking to check with you.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I almost said "OP of this thread has dibs" but yeah I just assumed Sober had seen the discussion. The discussion had clearly been going on for long enough that they had their chance and missed it imo, and Emmy is clearly ultra passionate about it so I don't think this needs to continue. (I dunno if it was but just sayin)

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
lol who the gently caress cares who does the OP you loving dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's quite a bit of effort with some passion. I can't blame them.

• Locked thread