Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
God that bear was creepy. And Greg is right, Peach Schnaps on the rocks is a terrible drink.

Still a great show. This episode wasn't quite as deep as the previous one, but it was cute. And it really explained a lot about Gregs character.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

how many episodes left?

Two more. No episode next week, though. :(

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

sbaldrick posted:

Heavy Boobs is going to be the shows break out song.

It might actually be. It already has quarter of a million views on Blooms channel.
I wonder what's the ratio of sharing that song. A lot of women are sending it to their friends because they can relate to it, "look at those poor girls my back hurts watching that."
But I bet there are some people who are more like: "Hey bro, check out those giant jiggling boobs. Just ignore the text or turn of the sound."

Being male, I may not personally have that problem, but I know how my sister keeps getting terrible back aches for many years, so I can sorta relate to that, I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
In case your wondering, No new episode this week.
But the last two episodes are coming up the next two weeks. See you in a week I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I actually think we did discuss that. Well, she is incredibly delusional. As you've said, it's quite likely that she actually listened to that conversation from behind the door and blocked it from memory because it conflicted with her perceptions.
But the other part, yeah that was kinda weird, especially since that vision was technically from the future. But maybe she just retconed her own dream, when she saw them there. She's not exactly a trustworthy narrator. It makes sense if we assume that the episode is actually how she remembers everything a few days later.

But she is really smart and her brain is wired in a weird way so maybe she's actually psychic.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Rebecca has contagious brain parasites. Greg got infected when she first kissed him. Same goes for Valencia. And Trent was a normal well adjusted person before meeting her again. Also I bet Josh gets a song next episode.

To be honest, I really don't want a deeper explanation for these songs. It's basically exactly what Bloom explained to Colbert. The music is a way for us to look inside the characters heads in a fun way and they express that something is to emotional for words. Some things are a little weird, but tearing apart the concept of musicals is pointless.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 5, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
There's a new song out.
While I think the song itself is a bit powerless, that is totally appropriate. It's probably the cutest song of the season.

Can't wait for that episode.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 9, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Hector is kind of a douche.

Zaggitz posted:

Karate kid Flashdance had me in stitches.
And unlike those movies, there wasn't a stunt double.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 12, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Asiina posted:

I love that doctor.

It's great when nepotism gets results. It must feel weird to talk about your wives privates like that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

PittTheElder posted:

I want that shower curtain.

Rachel Bloom got you covered.
https://twitter.com/Racheldoesstuff/status/719687023376748544
How do you embed tweets in SA? I know that it's possible.
Edit: Huh, so they just don't show up in the post preview. Cool.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Tonight's the season finale. Have fun with that! If they can stick the landing, then this was quite a good season of tv.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Oh boy, that was something. Paula was really scary there. Like "Is this person going to strangle me to death to absorb my life energy?"-scary. :stare:
I loved Valencias celebration dance. I'm actually kinda rooting for her now. She's one of the least self destructive characters and I hope that she wont sink into misery now.
I also liked the little bit of bird singing. The fact that Rebecca can't actually sing outside of her imagination is one of my favorite jokes.

Greg and Josh are both idiots with serious commitment issues. But while Josh acts all casual and childish all the time, because that's just who he is, Greg goes out of the way to pretend to be someone else, because he's terrified of the idea that people don't actually like the real him. The fact that this is Rebeccas type (the theater douche lacked commitment too) is seriously sad and obviously has something to do with her deadbeat dad. She wants a romantic Disney ending, but really doesn't want to think about the work required in the "happily ever after".

This ending actually makes me somewhat sad. They are all messed up people who can't help but destroy everything they touch.
Keep in mind that this was finished before the renewal, which looked quite unlikely at that point. So this might have been it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

Bloom has said, though, that she wrote the finale assuming they would be renewed.
Yes I know. But she took a gamble there. No matter what she planned, this could have been the end of this show. And frankly I'd hate that. This ending only works if you know there's going to be a fallout afterwards. Otherwise someone might think that this is literally a happy ending.

Are there still people who want Rebecca to end up with Josh? Looking at it from a distance, he's kind of a giant rear end in a top hat this episode. What's basically his proposal amounts to "Alright, I see what you're doing there, I'm not stupid so I'll go shopping for a ring, if I really have to...". And then within an hour of his breakup, he ditches his sisters wedding to sleep with his best friends girlfriend, after he already kissed her while she was in another relationship. And now he's already having doubts.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Senerio posted:

And White Josh.

Their Ship Name according to a Random Tumblr Blog that I agree with is WhiteWhite.
Bloom and the rest of the cast are using WhitefeatherJosh.

By the way, they did a little postseason live-Q&A in case you're interested. But beware, some of those questions are from assholes.
Teaser: Trent's coming back!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 19, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's a tough decision. It's mostly a tie between "What'll it be?", "I give good parents." and "Textmergency". If I really had to chose, I guess "I give good parents.". There where some ridiculously funny lines in there.

My least favorite song is probably "His status is preferred."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Senerio posted:

After much internal debate, my favorite is California Christmastime, and my least favorite is probably Put yourself First.

Escobarbarian posted:

Favourites are [...] Put Yourself First [...]
Least favourites are [...] the Christmas one.

Sorry, but you two have to fight now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Senerio posted:

Also, here's a fun fact that someone on IRC noticed: Gettin' Bi is a Sexy Getting Ready Song, while The Sexy Getting Ready Song is Gettin' a Bye. I swear these were random.

I don't understand this sentence. It sounds like some pun, I can't see.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Fridays are said to be death slots, because people like to go out with friends and stuff like that. But I didn't really think the ratings would increase anyway, so whatever.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Valencia is incredibly insecure. So being manipulated in such a cruel way didn't really help her.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

JakeP posted:

we haven't even had our election yet jabroni

Sometimes I feel like you don't deserve one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Settle for me never really did anything for me. It's a good song I guess, and some lines are funny, but I am just not a fan of the era it's based on.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Asiina posted:

Oh my God you people and your wrong opinions.
All the songs suck. This show is boring, unfunny and stupid like anything on the CW. Also, the main actress is fat and ugly and can't even sing.

Do you prefer that one? It's certainly the most common one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
In case you want to convince someone else to give this show a try, it's now on Netflix Uk and US. I hope some people start to watch it now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I don't think it's on the UK one because I am fairly certain they share a catalogue with Ireland and it's not showing up.

People on Blooms twitter seem to claim so. Maybe the shared catalogue was one of the many victims of the Brexit.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Boywhiz88 posted:

Rebreg forever, by the way.

That's a terrible portmanteau. Just try to pronounce it without flinching.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's been around a few days, but I might as well post the trailer for the second season. It's starting on the 21st.
https://twitter.com/Racheldoesstuff/status/784448494518038528
To be honest, it feels a bit hyperactive. But that's probably just the fast pacing of the trailer and the music.

Who's going to make a new thread?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 10, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I guess no.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I think everyone would love my OP that descends rapidly into a screed about how much I loving hate Josh
I don't really disagree. A crazy OP for a crazy show, I guess.
Hating Josh is kinda reasonable. As long as you show emotions about it it will turn out fine.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Am I a bad person since I sometimes see the relationship troubles of friends as a reflection of this show? At least recently when I thought about it again.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is a bit exaggerated, but it is incredibly real and you often notice that the writers, put a lot of effort and personal experience into this.
This show really resonates with me and actually helps me understand some situations which I don't have any personal experience with.

I cant wait for it to return. I hope it is still that good! Without this thread I'd never have given it a chance. I guess that's why I asked for a new one. Maybe a well done fresh OP might actually convince a few more people to give it a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's quite a bit of effort with some passion. I can't blame them.

• Locked thread