Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
If your cable provider has an on-demand service, the episodes should show up on that too.

I'm loving this show, but I wish they would stop dedicating so much time to Mrs. Hernandez' monologues. They're really out of place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The last episode really made me sad.

Rebecca seeing that she could actually be happy letting go of her irrational infatuation for Josh and "settling" for Greg, but then actively sabotaging herself and choosing to live an unhealthy life.

Her being self-aware of how hosed up she is but being unable to help herself is just way too tragic for my fun musical comedy times. :(

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

violetdragon posted:

"Settling" isn't necessarily a good idea. If she doesn't feel anything for Greg, she shouldn't date him. She does need to chill the hell out about Josh, though.

By "settling," I mean she was having a great time with Greg and wasn't even thinking about Josh during the entire date. The whole "I don't need to be with Josh to be happy. I can find another guy or hey maybe no guy at all!" prospect that was presented to her and she was fully aware of this and actively decided against it to go for the unhealthy choice. The whole theme of the episode. With the butter and everything.

Just a very :smith: thing to do. Rebecca you quit your job and left New York because of how unhappy you were now you're just putting yourself into another unhappy situation. :smith:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Rebecca pushed the awfulness pretty hard this episode, but then redeemed things at the end. It's gotta be tough writing a character that's deeply flawed but still likable enough that the audience enjoys watching them.

Was nice seeing things more from Josh's perspective, and it looks like we'll get to see even more of that next week.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Air is lava! posted:

It's quite sad, really.

It really is. :( It would actually be soul-crushingly depressing if it weren't for the songs.

For example, Rebecca immediately latches onto Josh after seeing him again for the first time in almost a decade. Why? Because the time she spent at summer camp with him as her sort-of boyfriend was the last time she was ever truly happy, and she just wants to be happy again.

Everything we've seen before that point shows her broken home filled with loneliness and everything we've seen after that shows her being forced into a life of her mother's own making. Josh is the answer to life being good and being worth living.

:(

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Heather and Greg were hilarious. Was not expecting them to get together, and I'm totally down to see more of them because there is so much potential for that pairing.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Air is lava! posted:

Lots of awkward kissing in this episode. Who kisses his girlfriend on the nose? That's weird.

Valencia kissed him on the nose at the start of the episode in a slightly condescending way. He was responding in kind as a sort of middle-finger to her.

They have a healthy relationship.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Guys, it's on!

Frather Brah is back!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh my god. He doesn't have his phone.

She's going to need to get to his phone.

She's going to need to fight Valencia.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
THE GHOST OF STEVE JOBS!

Where do I know that white female lawyer from? I swear I've seen her somewhere.
Edit: I do not know her from anywhere. I was confusing her with Taryn Southern.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 9, 2016

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
40 minutes in before the title card.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
We really need to acknowledge how great it is that Paula's husband was just so on board with doing everything and ended up being sucked into all the drama with Rebecca's love life.

So now there's no new episode this Monday because we're getting a loving Mortal Kombat tournament instead? Is that seriously what's happening?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trent owned. Trebecca 4 life.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Air is lava! posted:

I like Rebecca, but her complete disregard of money makes her somewhat unrelatable. Also pawning of that ring she wanted to have for her whole life seems odd.

It's part of Rebecca having undiagnosed/untreated mental health issues. Being irresponsible with money fits in pretty well with her character and the other problems/symptoms she's displayed.

Also her pajamas were super cute and I want them.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I once dreamed of making a comedy show that would delve into becoming a deeper character study, but couldn't imagine how it would work and if it would actually be an enjoyable show that would remain funny while also getting into those more serious moments.

This is that show realized. This is everything I could have hoped for and more. It's funny and engaging and I'm so happy that it's getting a second season.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is tonight the finale?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Paula is making me so mad.

It's an interesting direction to take, especially if they continue with it beyond this episode, but it's just so upsetting because Rebecca's doing so good. :(

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Can everyone just stop loving everything up please? :(

Edit: There thank you that's all I wanted.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

adhuin posted:

I gave you a UTI! :haw:

Watching this now and this is the best goddamn moment in the show by far.

• Locked thread