Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

If either of these numbers had appeared on Inside Amy Schumer (rather than this show, which is simultaneously mis-marketed and under-marketed), they would have gone viral for sure, and inspired all sorts of think-pieces on sites like Slate, Salon, and Huffington Post. Amy Schumer is awesome, but her show has never had anything quite so polished and perfect as these two musical numbers -- hilarious, subversive, raunchy, feminist -- all while being spot-on pop music parodies.

Needless to say, I'm enjoying the hell out of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and watching Rachel Bloom in action is like seeing a star being born. What can't she do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
http://www.cwtv.com usually posts episodes the day after they air, which is nice.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I love the show and adore Rachel Bloom, but I discovered it thanks to positive Internet buzz after the premiere. I've watched and enjoyed plenty of shows with bad titles or marketing campaigns that don't accurately represent the shows: iZombie, Terriers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I also LOVE musicals.

But all those factors combined will work against the show finding any kind of mainstream audience, I'm afraid. I am always stunned by how many people vehemently hate musicals, even if they like music just fine when people aren't bursting into song and dance routines between conversations.

• Locked thread